**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Carnage Buff

LSDinLSDin Posts: 173 ★★
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
From my understanding, Carnage is due an upcoming God Tier buff. It seems that many people point to the fact that players were informed at New York ComicCon 2017, that Carnage would be buffed at the "beginning" of 2018. Now we are more than half way through 2018 and still no buff. The best I've been able to find is that Kabam Miike posted on the 26th of March 2018 that they were working on some high level possibilities but were not happy with any of them yet.

I've also heard information that they are waiting until the new Venom movie comes out to release the buff. Why the delay? Yes Carnage is the son of Venom so to speak - but the new movie coming out is Venom .. not Carnage.

Does anyone with the inside track know when the new buff is coming??

.. and please
please
please
please

don't make it dependent on a synergy with another character - that would be super weak.

The Carnage buff that is coming should be just as strong as Stark Spidey or stronger.

Remember Spiderman had to enlist Venom's help to battle Carnage - that ..

is how strong Carnage should be ..

to be able to fight both of them at the same time, upside down, with his hands tied behind his back, blindfolded, handcuffed and barefoot -

and still whippin both of them.

.. jus saying

#BUFFCARNAGE

Comments

• LSDinLSDin Posts: 173 ★★
    9ky5koama292.jpg
  • GivMeABeerGivMeABeer Posts: 200 ★★
    "some more work"....that just means development dollars. Given that they recycled stark assignments this past month it doesn't seem like they are dumping a ton of money into that right now.
  • ShadeZeroShadeZero Posts: 145
    My guess is they will buff him and possibly venom when the two new symbiotes release this year.
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    Pure Skill, anyone?
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    I love when I get re-quoted several months later.

But yes, buff Carnage.
  • dK0idK0i Posts: 7
    He is tricky to buff properly. The way they originally had him before release made him beyond GodTier and broken. So, they watered him down a bit. Now they are trying to figure out how to get him to a good level but not get him to be broken again. If you understand how carnage currently works and imagine some of his abilities buffed, you can probably see how the wrong numbers can turn a wet rag into a ramped up hammer.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    They never said early 2018 just that it was gonna be in 2018.
    edited June 2018
    dK0i wrote: »
    He is tricky to buff properly. The way they originally had him before release made him beyond GodTier and broken. So, they watered him down a bit. Now they are trying to figure out how to get him to a good level but not get him to be broken again. If you understand how carnage currently works and imagine some of his abilities buffed, you can probably see how the wrong numbers can turn a wet rag into a ramped up hammer.

Maybe they need to do a greater rework then, cause he shouldn't just be a ramped up hammer .. he should be a straight out hammer from the get go - explosive violence mixed with savagery is his forté, coupled with his regeneration abilities and shapeshifting abilities (in canon) - this champ should be absolutely DEVASTATING to opponents.

this is a good ref. for direction in relation to possibilities for content creation (click photo for video):

https://youtu.be/CBCadmchNrI
    Mana_Pot wrote: »
    You can't really expect them to make champs as "strong" as they should be according to comic representation. I mean, look at Sentry (or Void). Should be the best champ (arguably) in the game according to comics representation of his power scale. I doubt it's something they take into consideration while designing champs. They can't really. How the hell would Hawkeye, Black Widow, Falcon, etc. have any actual chance against some of these guys? Spidey has also dealt with Carnage alone in other stories, so it's kinda subjective.

but he's just soooo ..

villainoussssss

and with so many tools in his chest

and with so much love for him in the MCOC community in his concept as a character ..

he deserves the Kabam special love 😈
    & just to add, why isn't Carnage available as a profile pic??? .. 🤔

he really needs the ❤ man
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    Mana_Pot wrote: »
    You can't really expect them to make champs as "strong" as they should be according to comic representation. I mean, look at Sentry (or Void). Should be the best champ (arguably) in the game according to comics representation of his power scale. I doubt it's something they take into consideration while designing champs. They can't really. How the hell would Hawkeye, Black Widow, Falcon, etc. have any actual chance against some of these guys? Spidey has also dealt with Carnage alone in other stories, so it's kinda subjective.

but he's just soooo ..

villainoussssss

and with so many tools in his chest

and with so much love for him in the MCOC community in his concept as a character ..

he deserves the Kabam special love 😈

I do think it's dumb that it takes a heavy to get a bleed. He hands can be axes for **** sake. If venom can do it, he should be able to.
  • JEbertJEbert Posts: 157
    #carnagebuff2018

Let’s get some excitement back into the game! This season 3 news was a gut buster! People are calling for a boycott! Haven’t seen that since the great 12.0 update. Time for the masses to be heard!!!
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Just let him gain his buff the moment he uses sp.
    Waaaay easier
    As defenser, carnage wants to bemore tanky, beefy. That block proff or resistance is what he wants
    As attacker, you want him to build up fury, precision, cruelty.
    In both scenarios, you dont need him to wait that 10 seconds it’s ridiculous
  • Cowboyschamploo1Cowboyschamploo1 Posts: 414 ★★★
    Carnage isn't in the game
  • Cowboy yes he is he was added last June with Punisher 2099
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Carnage needs to eat him self.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Honestly, regarding carnage outrage, he’s norm the worst champion in the game, he’s the most disappointing, I think the problem is boring characters as opposed to bad ones that are fun, and that’s what carnage is to me, he should still get buffed but people like collosus and groot, who are just boring, deserve a bit more priority
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Honestly, regarding carnage outrage, he’s norm the worst champion in the game, he’s the most disappointing, I think the problem is boring characters as opposed to bad ones that are fun, and that’s what carnage is to me, he should still get buffed but people like collosus and groot, who are just boring, deserve a bit more priority

Well… maybe. It’s easier to build up on a complex champion than it is to completely overhaul a “vanilla” due to having to reinvent the wheel.
    @Kabam Miike you guys are taking this all in right?
    Raganator wrote: »
    I love when I get re-quoted several months later.

But yes, buff Carnage.

gotta keep the dream alive man 😎

Respectfully, totally disagree.

You're right, boring is boring, so blah on those guys.

But Carnage is frickin AWESOME in canon, and he should be awesome in game as well.
  • JEbertJEbert Posts: 157
    #carnagebuff2018

Make Carnage Great Again (MCGA)!
    JEbert wrote: »
    #carnagebuff2018

Make Carnage Great Again (MCGA)!

Dude!

I love that

#BUFFCARNAGE
    #MCGA
    #MAKECARNAGEGREATAGAIN
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★

Respectfully, totally disagree.

You're right, boring is boring, so blah on those guys.

But Carnage is frickin AWESOME in canon, and he should be awesome in game as well.

And Groot isnt awesome? I understand the outrage, its just strange that carnage is the one getting all the attention, again i totally agree with the buffs for carnage, but i dont quite understand why carnage seems to be the community's only concern