**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

LAUNCHING JULY 15: Peak Milestones and Alliance Quests Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• botonox03botonox03 Posts: 29
    Will there be any changes to map 6 in terms of rewards for completion (will there be return of battle chips and gold as in quests such as map 5)?

Also, will there be a cap on the amount of glory one can accrue over a number of alliance quests? If so, what will that be?
  • Centrifuge wrote: »
    When does the updated AQ start? Today?

These changes will take effect with the Alliance Quest that starts on July 7th!
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Mike. While this may help "rookie" summoners, it will not help veterans. Because of AW Seasons, Player progression has completely shifted from AQ to AW. It makes me wonder whether anybody in Kabam actually know what we're talking about here...
    Ascoop24 wrote: »
    DroidDoes wrote: »
    Hey Summoners,

We've just posted an Announcement on an exciting new feature coming to The Contest next week! Find out what you need to know about Peak Milestones in our post here, and then ask your questions!

So to confirm, we won’t get any rewards until the event ends? So for AQ for example, we’re not getting any glory or map crystals day by day anymore?

Also can you show some examples of non-AQ related events with peak milestones?

This is correct. While you won't be collecting small rewards along the way anymore, you will get a much bigger payout at the end of the event.

I will talk to the team about getting some Non-Alliance Quest examples, because we do have some of those coming too.

I guess I'm a little confused as why you would take this away. By taking milestones away(in regards to alliance quest) you take away glory you get throughout the week. I'm curious as to why and how you thought this would benefit players?

We know that waiting for your rewards isn't the best, but you'll getting a lot more for the same work. Yes, you're gonna have to wait, but now the Milestone rewards that you receive will be able to be more targeted to different levels of Player progression.
  • Darkness82Darkness82 Posts: 275
    @Kabam Mike are the gold and battle chips for exploration and conqueror rewards in map 1 and map 2 getting increased
  • hurricant wrote: »
    Also, just to clarify, I thought peak milestones were replacing rank rewards, but you're saying in AQ there will be peak milestones plus rank rewards?

Yes! Peak Milestones will be replacing Milestones. You will still get Rank Rewards, and Peak Milestone rewards.
  • Darkness82 wrote: »
    @Kabam Mike are the gold and battle chips for exploration and conqueror rewards in map 1 and map 2 getting increased

They are not. I am going to rewrite that part, but what it means is that you only have to beat the Boss now to get a Map 1 or Map 2 crystal from those Maps, as opposed to having to fully explore it.
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    hurricant wrote: »
    Also, just to clarify, I thought peak milestones were replacing rank rewards, but you're saying in AQ there will be peak milestones plus rank rewards?

Yes! Peak Milestones will be replacing Milestones. You will still get Rank Rewards, and Peak Milestone rewards.

thanks.
  • PearlyWhitesPearlyWhites Posts: 39
    Is the cap for glory going to be adjusted?
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    As for rewards, they need to add in 5 t1a for ranks 1-250. Sorry that is becoming the major road block
  • Hey All, I'm going to combine the Peak Milestones and Alliance Quest Discussion Threads, as it seems that most of these questions are pertaining to both of them.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    From this response, the assumption is made that you do not play competitively in AW (Plat 3 - Master). More glory is nice, but we need a reduction in the cost of alliance potions and revives.
    Siliyo wrote: »
    Please lower the cost of L3 and L4 potions since AW is the focus now... especially with a long wait until the next AQ season.

So, while we didn't lower the Cost of Alliance Potions themselves, we are giving you more Glory, and you can use that to purchase Alliance Potions if you wish. I know this isn't exactly the same. Personally, I prefer to use my Glory on Rank Up Materials, but the choice is always yours.
  • ChoimoChoimo Posts: 13
    This update barely move the needle when t5b is the glass ceiling. At least make shards available in glory story
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Can we please ask the team to look at why t1a are not included in top rank rewards? It is a real problem for us middle class.
  • Darkness82Darkness82 Posts: 275
    @kabam Mike What are the peak Milstones and what ally event will we see them in?
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Is AQ still all Sentinels all the time?
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    If we're having to wait till the end of the week for AQ rewards (glory) will you be removing the cap on the amount of glory we can have?
  • botonox03 wrote: »
    Will there be any changes to map 6 in terms of rewards for completion (will there be return of battle chips and gold as in quests such as map 5)?

Also, will there be a cap on the amount of glory one can accrue over a number of alliance quests? If so, what will that be?

We don't have any plans to adjust the rewards for completion of Map 6 right now, but this is something that I will talk to the team about for our next season, as we are working on that right now.

There is a cap for Glory that has not changed since it was introduced, which is 15,000
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Still don't understand why this had to be done. How exactly does this allow you give more targeted rewards?
  • Is the cap for glory going to be adjusted?

Not yet, but this is something we can look into with the actual Season change.
  • InfantryInfantry Posts: 110
    edited June 2018
    So let me get this straight you just made war harder by adding 5 mini bosses and then in Aq we can't collect any glory until the end of it which is what most of us peeons use to by our war potions with...am I reading this correctly? And also we used to get 15 plus milestone rewards and from what I'm reading we aren't getting near the rewards we were so please elaborate on all this.
  • LUTHORLUTHOR Posts: 9
    Most of us buy a single L4 health potion daily to cut cost of the glory. Taking those milestone rewards away it delays that process of buying them daily. Running AQ fuels the War attacking is how I look at it. It would take several weeks in order to buy the daily L4 potion to use up the glory that some of us intend to use it on. This will cause more people to have to use units for the short term health potion buying. Am I wrong with this? I would rather have a little bit of rewards throughout the AQ week than wait till the end then have to spend more glory on health potions at one time because I may need them at the time. Was this the reason for the Peak Milestones? My thoughts are instantly going negative because of the mistrust and feedback that we get already. I see nothing positive in this

This.
  • GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    How about reducing the ridiculous cost of the map 6 no one would be able to complete and would only rarely play.
  • BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    Please clarify. What is "a lot more" in terms of rewards? We've heard that before and rewards were only increased a very small amount. The special gold member arena is a recent example of this.