**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Found this tidbit in the AW Scoring Update from December

"So in Summary, our goals with this new Alliance Wars scoring system were:

- Killing the Boss and exploring should always be key..."

I'm a little curious why 100% in wars is now NOT the goal?

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    To be fair to them, they haven’t said 100% isn’t the goal, they’ve said it shouldn’t be easy. I don’t agree with them, but still, don’t twist their words
  • MC1111111MC1111111 Posts: 88
    To be fair to them, they haven’t said 100% isn’t the goal, they’ve said it shouldn’t be easy. I don’t agree with them, but still, don’t twist their words

I agree, but I don't think I'm twisting the words. From that announcement above, they wanted killing the boss and exploration to be the main deciding factor. Now, they're putting less focus on 100% on a map to be the deciding factor. At least, that's kind of what it seems like to me.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    MC1111111 wrote: »
    "So in Summary, our goals with this new Alliance Wars scoring system were:

- Killing the Boss and exploring should always be key..."

I'm a little curious why 100% in wars is now NOT the goal?

I think it is trumped by the fact that the meta is always changing.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    Changing meta, another safeguard for kabams policy of making changes however they feel so just like the primary safeguard of having RNG. Anything disappointing opening of crystals or rewards, has to come down to RNG. Just making perfect plans how to extract more and more out of the community.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    MC1111111 wrote: »

I agree, but I don't think I'm twisting the words. From that announcement above, they wanted killing the boss and exploration to be the main deciding factor. Now, they're putting less focus on 100% on a map to be the deciding factor. At least, that's kind of what it seems like to me.

They've actually been consistent, albeit consistently weird. Kabam's position has been that they want exploration to be the *deciding* factor. That's what they meant by "exploration is key." But it cannot be the deciding factor if both sides explore 100%. They want both sides to push for 100%, but they also want at least one side to fail.

*Why* they insist on that being the deciding factor, when things like attack bonus can be just as fairly the deciding factor, is a mystery.