**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Inability of rank up resources to keep up with Game progress.

Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
I'm not entirely sure the title conveys what I mean enough but lemme explain.

When I started this game, 3-star champions were still powerful, 4-star were gods and 5-star had only recently being introduced, so if you had one of those, you were set. Progression was okay. 3-Stars were fairly not so easy to rank up, 4-star was where we had to put work in and 5-star? Well only the best could rank and level them to the much revered rank 4 level 55.

Fast forward to this era. 3-star has depreciated in value and so has 4-star. 5-stars and 6-stars are where it's all at and yet we can't rank up a 5-star champion as quickly or as normally perhaps as we could've a 4-star then (and it was unbelievably difficult to do so, but that was the Challenge). The game has grown so much to the level where 5-stars are now like those 4-stars then but wait, it gets even better, it costs more than twice as much to rank a 5-star (up to 5 times more even when you look at alpha cat cost) but we still get these rank up resources at the same pace we did when 4-stars ruled the game! These makes ranking up a 5-Star champion from base level, ridiculously slow and let's not get started on the issue with gold and tier 1 alphas. These 5-star champs cost between 5 to 6 T1As at a stretch but we still get them as if our top champs were 4*
That's an error imo.

Please Kabam, update the game modes that give these resources to match the where the game is at. Please and thank you.

Comments

• Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    EhDubb wrote: »
    In addition to the post above, events such as hero use, class combat, arena combat, etc all have outdated rewards. No one cares about a 3* or 4* sig stone, t3basic cats, 3* arena boost crystals, etc anymore. Step up your game kabam, rewards are not on par with 5* & 6* champs.

Well said
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    @Hoarim
    Ding ding ding! You just described, in a nutshell, their entire business model for this game. You'll only get away with f2p for so long.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Neroa65 wrote: »
    The game has grown so much to the level where 5-stars are now like those 4-stars

To be honest, I don't see it. The game hasn't increased in difficulty by that large of a factor. When I completed Act 4, I did it with mostly 4/40s. When they added Act 5, I became uncollected with mostly 5/50 and one 5* champ. Uncollected difficulty is where most of the good rewards are outside of alliance events and probably the best source of rank up rewards for all but players in the highest tier alliances, and I still use a mix of 4* and 5* champions for that, because my best 5* champs are often in AQ, AW, or both.

I would say playing uncollected with 5* champs is actually easier than completing Act 4 was with 4/40s, and way, way easier than becoming uncollected with essentially 5/50s (one 5* at 3/45). And I have yet to do an uncollected map with all 5* champs. I didn't even use all 5* champs against uncollected Thanos.

Are 5* champs like what 4* champs were? That's actually an odd question, because there's so much overlap between 4* and 5* champs. Sure, people might be using a lot more 5* champs, but unless they are 4/55 they have similar strength to 5/50 4* champs, and their actual strength is not wildly different than teams of 4* champs. The progression of this game is not 4* to 5* to 6*. It is actually 4/40 to 5/50 to 4/55 to 5/65 caliber champs. 5* champions only become meaningfully stronger when they get ranked up to 4/55. So has the game moved on to the point where 4/55 is necessary, and 5/50 is no longer competitive? In my opinion, no, not yet. More is better of course, but 5/50s can still do the job almost everywhere.
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Neroa65 wrote: »
    The game has grown so much to the level where 5-stars are now like those 4-stars

To be honest, I don't see it. The game hasn't increased in difficulty by that large of a factor. When I completed Act 4, I did it with mostly 4/40s. When they added Act 5, I became uncollected with mostly 5/50 and one 5* champ. Uncollected difficulty is where most of the good rewards are outside of alliance events and probably the best source of rank up rewards for all but players in the highest tier alliances, and I still use a mix of 4* and 5* champions for that, because my best 5* champs are often in AQ, AW, or both.

I would say playing uncollected with 5* champs is actually easier than completing Act 4 was with 4/40s, and way, way easier than becoming uncollected with essentially 5/50s (one 5* at 3/45). And I have yet to do an uncollected map with all 5* champs. I didn't even use all 5* champs against uncollected Thanos.

Are 5* champs like what 4* champs were? That's actually an odd question, because there's so much overlap between 4* and 5* champs. Sure, people might be using a lot more 5* champs, but unless they are 4/55 they have similar strength to 5/50 4* champs, and their actual strength is not wildly different than teams of 4* champs. The progression of this game is not 4* to 5* to 6*. It is actually 4/40 to 5/50 to 4/55 to 5/65 caliber champs. 5* champions only become meaningfully stronger when they get ranked up to 4/55. So has the game moved on to the point where 4/55 is necessary, and 5/50 is no longer competitive? In my opinion, no, not yet. More is better of course, but 5/50s can still do the job almost everywhere.

No one is talking about content difficulty mate. 5-Stars are that much common now, it's easier to get more champions in this was once super rare champion tier and yet the rank up items are not following suit like it was. Those rank up items are still the way it was back when 5-Stars were not so very common. Don't capitalize on one sentence. The whole thing goes together. It's about what it takes to rank these 5-stars and by a solid extension, even the 6-stars (although we're not necessarily there yet for the 6-stars) isn't quite accessible, or rather it would be more accurate to say that as much rank up items (enough for 5-stars that is) we get, pales in comparison to the amount of champions.

That's what that statement means by the way. It's not about whether 4-star 5/50s are still adequate for content or that 5-stars must surpass the maximum level a 4-star can get to. No, it's more about how much more common 5-Stars are.