**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Version 19.0 Discussion Thread

Hey everybody,

Version 19.0 is hitting the App Store and Google Play store on July 3rd! Take a look at our Changelog here.

Comments

• ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91
    Any MD/Dex update?
  • ASV27 wrote: »
    Any MD/Dex update?

I'll have an update on that for you guys early next week. But the gist of it is that we had a lot of participants, and got a bunch of feedback. The team now has to go over that feedback and our Data, and then we can decide how we want to proceed. It's a bit too quick for the 19.0 release, though.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Side note: There is something really interesting that I want to point out in these notes:

"Want to know what Buffs and Debuffs are active in your current fight? Tap the Pause button to see more detailed info about which ones you and your opponent currently have"

This is super rad, and I really hope you guys like it. It really helps when you're not very familiar with a Character you're fighting, or are fighting with. It's also really great for newer Summoners.

I was just about to post about this. I think it’s a great change, a lot of games have this and I always wondered why Mcoc didn’t. Good change.

In regards to Doctor Strange’s passive change, is this just a visual change so that you don’t “nullify or stagger the buff” but it’s effects stay, OR is it a change like Spidey Sym and Spidergwen where there is an actual change to the mechanics?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Fixed an issue where AI would freeze during a fight and become unresponsive until hit by the player @Kabam Miike what was this for a fix. Meant nc gone giv u more money
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    • Fixed an issue where some Champions could start a new Combination against an Opponent that has been knocked down

So you are nerfing Magik now? The way she has always functioned is an "issue"? This is garbage.
    • Fixed an issue where some Champions could start a new Combination against an Opponent that has been knocked down

So you are nerfing Magik now? The way she has always functioned is an "issue"? This is garbage.

I interpreted that as there as a bug where when the champion was just lying down on the floor and you could hit them to continue. I don’t think it’s about magik timing the hit well as they stand back up.

I interpreted that as there as a bug where when the champion was just lying down on the floor and you could hit them to continue. I don’t think it’s about magik timing the hit well as they stand back up.

It im culd use AA hervy and sp2 and it cont
  • NeowantsyouNeowantsyou Posts: 198 ★★

So, now this is a bug? You do know it isn't easy because you require near perfect timing to do a stand-up intercept and now you nerf it? Great moves kabam. Anything which benefits the player, is immediately "fixed".
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

@BitterSteel that makes sense. I guess I’m expecting the worst lol
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    So we can only get the highest milestone we reach and not the others earned? Sounds like we are being punished for trying to reach higher milestones. And also when is Drax going to be fixed. He can’t bypass mordos astrial evade anymore.

He is already fixed. He never was supposed to bypass evade the way he did it before

you really believe that a champ that has functioned that way for 3 years was not meant to do it and they never thought to tell anyone in that time and just remove it, lot of people were ranking him specifiaclly for that ability, there has been loads of threads on him over the years and not once did any one from Kabam think to say it was a bug so dont rank him for that.
  • edited June 2018
    So we can only get the highest milestone we reach and not the others earned? Sounds like we are being punished for trying to reach higher milestones. And also when is Drax going to be fixed. He can’t bypass mordos astrial evade anymore.

Hey there. Peak Milestones are not replacing all Milestones in game. We have a lot more information on Peak Milestones that you can find here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/77857/introducing-peak-milestones#latest

This is correct. It was a bug that was introduced a couple releases ago that we have a fix for now. Basically, this allowed Champions to continue hitting/use a special on a Champion that was still on the ground.

However, I have never personally done this "standing intercept" you guys are talking about with Magik. Could you explain it? I can ask the team if it will be affected as well.

Standig itersup. With magik is rigtig berfor ther blok u hav a smail Windows to hit Them it risky bit Can be usfulls and with this it May hav a in packt and what with the Ai frezze where and how Can dont ikow what this fix for never se it frezze
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    However, I have never personally done this "standing intercept" you guys are talking about with Magik. Could you explain it? I can ask the team if it will be affected as well.

Is basically this (start at 1:35)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wU6XSGErCU

This is correct. It was a bug that was introduced a couple releases ago that we have a fix for now. Basically, this allowed Champions to continue hitting/use a special on a Champion that was still on the ground.

@Kabam Miike
    From what I can tell it won’t be affected, it’s basically when you use magik as a perma power lock champ. Since the opponent is on 0 power you can just, after using an sp2, time your medium attack so well that as your opponent stands up you hit them.

https://youtu.be/TymjZ9Y0hVM

I had a look and this is the best example I can find at around the 1.40 mark. There’s a few examples of it so watching this whole fight is the best way I can explain it.
  • However, I have never personally done this "standing intercept" you guys are talking about with Magik. Could you explain it? I can ask the team if it will be affected as well.

Is basically this (start at 1:35)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wU6XSGErCU

Thanks for the Video! Turns out, I have done this many times. What you're referring to (starting at 1:35) will not be affected, but if you jump forward to 1:53, you'll see that the Summoner playing Magik mistimes their attack, and Winter Soldier is able to start attacking, as he should have been able to. With this bug, that wouldn't have happened, and Magik would have been able to keep going, which is not intended.

It should be noted that the Summoner was able to land all of those Attacks because Winter Soldier did not try to immediately block when standing up. A more defensive AI may attempt to block right away, and would be able to break that chain

So, long story short, what this video is showcasing will not be affected.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Side note: There is something really interesting that I want to point out in these notes:

"Want to know what Buffs and Debuffs are active in your current fight? Tap the Pause button to see more detailed info about which ones you and your opponent currently have"

This is super rad, and I really hope you guys like it. It really helps when you're not very familiar with a Character you're fighting, or are fighting with. It's also really great for newer Summoners.

I'll be honest. When I saw this feature - the first thing I thought of was "well, they are testing this to see if it would also be a viable option for displaying what synergies champs may have in AW."
    Raganator wrote: »

I'll be honest. When I saw this feature - the first thing I thought of was "well, they are testing this to see if it would also be a viable option for displaying what synergies champs may have in AW."

I hope not, that means at the start of the fight you’d have to pause, read the synergy and figure out what it means. That could take anywhere from 5-20 seconds. A hell of a long time in a 3 minute fight, that’s the difference between timing out and losing attack bonus, or winning.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Raganator wrote: »

It's a feature being "borrowed" from their Transformers game.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★

He is already fixed. He never was supposed to bypass evade the way he did it before

you really believe that a champ that has functioned that way for 3 years was not meant to do it and they never thought to tell anyone in that time and just remove it, lot of people were ranking him specifiaclly for that ability, there has been loads of threads on him over the years and not once did any one from Kabam think to say it was a bug so dont rank him for that.

We actually did mention it multiple times. Drax was never meant to be able to bypass Astral evade, and never did it consistently, as it was device and frame rate dependent.

Do you even play this game ? Magik is so effective because her and other female champs with the same downkick make standing intercepting more fluid.