**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

LAUNCHING JULY 15: Peak Milestones and Alliance Quests Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    looking through the rewards we currently get and comparing them to the new format there is very little difference at our level, 500 T2A frags are not going to make any difference to alliances, The only alliances that benefit greatly are the whales at the top again

Last week we placed in the 1701-2200 bracket and a bit over 100 million points. The total milestone rewards were 9 Map 5 crystals and 3 Map 6 crystals plus 1910 Glory. The rank rewards were 800 glory, one greater glory crystal, one glory crystal, and one T4B. That's a total of 9 Map 5, 3 Map 6, 2710 glory, and the equivalent of 15 T4CC fragment crystals (30% of a T4CC in value). Under the new system, the same scoring would get 3450 Glory, 9 Map 5, 3 Map 6, 30 T4CC fragment crystals, and 1 T4B catalyst. That's an increase of 740 Glory and 10 T4CC fragment crystals.

That's not insignificant for alliances around that ranking. If you spend that extra glory on T2A fragments, for example, that comes out to about 3600 fragments every three AQ weeks. Top tier alliances are getting more of course, but proportionality matters. Relative to how fast I earn T2A now, the increase in the new system is significant. Compared to how fast top alliances earn T2A now, the increase they are seeing is probably still higher, but not as proportionately higher as it might appear.

To put it another way, if I earn the equivalent of twelve T4B in a month and another player only earns six, a reward bump that gives me six more and gives him only three might seem unfair, but its a 50% bump for both players. I get more in absolute terms, but absolute terms aren't the best perspective to judge fair reward systems. And when someone points out, for example, that rank 1 gets 50% more T2A fragments as rank 2, that doesn't account for how many fragments they are earning now total. That gap might be 50% for that one reward, but in terms of their overall earning power that difference is much smaller: it doesn't create a permanent 50% earning gap between them.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Ascoop24 wrote: »
    DroidDoes wrote: »
    Hey Summoners,

We've just posted an Announcement on an exciting new feature coming to The Contest next week! Find out what you need to know about Peak Milestones in our post here, and then ask your questions!

So to confirm, we won’t get any rewards until the event ends? So for AQ for example, we’re not getting any glory or map crystals day by day anymore?

Also can you show some examples of non-AQ related events with peak milestones?

This is correct. While you won't be collecting small rewards along the way anymore, you will get a much bigger payout at the end of the event.

I will talk to the team about getting some Non-Alliance Quest examples, because we do have some of those coming too.

I guess I'm a little confused as why you would take this away. By taking milestones away(in regards to alliance quest) you take away glory you get throughout the week. I'm curious as to why and how you thought this would benefit players?

We know that waiting for your rewards isn't the best, but you'll getting a lot more for the same work. Yes, you're gonna have to wait, but now the Milestone rewards that you receive will be able to be more targeted to different levels of Player progression.

« A lot more » please don’t do that. Don’t have the nerves to say that
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    TKal wrote: »
    Ascoop24 wrote: »
    DroidDoes wrote: »
    Hey Summoners,

We've just posted an Announcement on an exciting new feature coming to The Contest next week! Find out what you need to know about Peak Milestones in our post here, and then ask your questions!

So to confirm, we won’t get any rewards until the event ends? So for AQ for example, we’re not getting any glory or map crystals day by day anymore?

Also can you show some examples of non-AQ related events with peak milestones?

This is correct. While you won't be collecting small rewards along the way anymore, you will get a much bigger payout at the end of the event.

I will talk to the team about getting some Non-Alliance Quest examples, because we do have some of those coming too.

I guess I'm a little confused as why you would take this away. By taking milestones away(in regards to alliance quest) you take away glory you get throughout the week. I'm curious as to why and how you thought this would benefit players?

We know that waiting for your rewards isn't the best, but you'll getting a lot more for the same work. Yes, you're gonna have to wait, but now the Milestone rewards that you receive will be able to be more targeted to different levels of Player progression.

« A lot more » please don’t do that. Don’t have the nerves to say that

that extra map crystal and extra 500 glory a week is a game changer lol
  • RedPyramidHeadRedPyramidHead Posts: 18
    edited June 2018
    @Kabam Miike so do we get all the milestones we earn or just the highest one we earn. Cause it sounds like we skip all the ones in between which is pretty crappy and basically gives us less rewards the harder we work. Plus since we have to wait for rewards such as glory we won’t have that glory available to use in the store. Was this done to force us to use units while we wait an excruciating amount of time for rewards? I don’t see this being a positive change for the player but a financial gain for kabam.
  • PlazzzmaPlazzzma Posts: 12
    Hi @Kabam Miike i think this is a great addition to aq, but yes there is a but, with no glory during the week it u forces us to spend more glory on potions. For example u cant buy one lvl 4 potion for the lowest price every day anymore.

Also the rewards are great but no end game alliance needs t4cc fragment crystals anymore why dont add some t4 basic shards, a recource that we actually like and is in fast short supply.

Kind regards

Mike
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    Increasing rewards is great, but my main concerns with AQ are:
    1) How long it takes to complete from start to finish (Not play time, but wait time)
    2) The repetitive and monotonous nature of the fights and map.

PLEASE tell me you guys are aware of these two issues for the next season as changes to these two things is the only thing that will bring back mine and many other players interest in AQ. Right now to do Map 5 with a fairly active alliance takes anywhere from 15 - 24 hours. The vast majority of this time is not spent playing of course, but waiting for energy to come back and for your alliance mate to clear that linked node blocking your path and/or boss. God forbid someone has an emergency or is unable to login and their node stays up indefinitely (this has led to account sharing - there aren't any in game options for dealing with this situation). Add on the fact that we are fighting the same champions on the same nodes day after day and it's easy to see why this mode has become an absolute slog to get through. Increasing the rewards doesn't address these issues.

There are many ways you could lessen the time and scheduling requirements of AQ while maintaining some semblance of teamwork and cooperation. Some of those ways include faster energy gain, increasing the energy cap, removing non-boss linked nodes, reducing the number of paths, or making paths shorter. You can adjust the difficulty of each fight higher to make up for the fact that there will be less fights/nodes. As for the repetitive nature of an unchanging map what about implementing something like monthly "themes" where a different global node applies to the entire map which changes how we approach fights (not harder necessarily, just different). Along with the theme could be different sets of mini-bosses that highlight that kind of approach.

Finally we could benefit immensely if some kind of system would be implemented directly into the game to deal with situations where an alliance member has an emergency or can't login for an extended period of time. An idea I had was that an alliance would be given "node clear" charges. An officer or leader could use a charge to remove a linked node effect (not the entire fight). These charges would be balanced with a long cooldown, say 1 week, so that using them regularly would be unwise. The charges could also be battlegroup specific so that each battlegroup has access to their charges when needed.

Please make AQ fun again! Please cut down on the scheduling aspect and focus instead on making it fresh and exciting more often.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Plazzzma wrote: »
    Hi @Kabam Miike i think this is a great addition to aq, but yes there is a but, with no glory during the week it u forces us to spend more glory on potions. For example u cant buy one lvl 4 potion for the lowest price every day anymore.

Also the rewards are great but no end game alliance needs t4cc fragment crystals anymore why dont add some t4 basic shards, a recource that we actually like and is in fast short supply.

Kind regards

Mike

You realise that as long as you keep your glory at the start of the series, you will just be able to buy potions as and when you need them. All it means is you need to manage your glory at the start of the series. Overall it’ll be the same.
  • SuperFarzSuperFarz Posts: 166
    botonox03 wrote: »
    Will there be any changes to map 6 in terms of rewards for completion (will there be return of battle chips and gold as in quests such as map 5)?

Also, will there be a cap on the amount of glory one can accrue over a number of alliance quests? If so, what will that be?

We don't have any plans to adjust the rewards for completion of Map 6 right now, but this is something that I will talk to the team about for our next season, as we are working on that right now.

There is a cap for Glory that has not changed since it was introduced, which is 15,000

@Kabam Miike
    Are you sure that the current glory cap is at 15k? I have in numerous occasions received notification that my glory cap is breached at 10k and therefore my new glory is forfeited.

By the way, there isn’t a mechanism for summoners to back track and clear excess glory before claiming the new when the in game message pings you that you have exceeded the cap. Any chance of rectifying that? Thanks
    . How long are you playing this game and not knowing basic knowledge on glory inventory? 15 K is the maximum. On hitting 10K + you get a notice. That’s all. Move on more important questions which Mike has not already tripple confirmed this topic.
  • IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    Wow i am disgusted not to mention AW just got harder which means more glory pts spent but wait once you run out you will have to spend units to buy potions till end of AQ to get glory pts..
  • SuperFarzSuperFarz Posts: 166
    edited June 2018
    IanMoone wrote: »
    Wow i am disgusted not to mention AW just got harder which means more glory pts spent but wait once you run out you will have to spend units to buy potions till end of AQ to get glory pts..

Man, you get more glory THEN before. After the first week you can buy more potions / revives. All you have to do is manage your spend for the first week. Only issue I see is the lack of good resources like t2a for the other 99.99% of the players.
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike When should we expect the peak milestone system in alliance events?
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    Well I can see a push to be a top 500 alliance for those t2 shards happening soon yay back to multiple days of map 6
    To the people saying this is a good thing you should really consider the domino effect of the additional t2a shards. Alliance that could place in the top 500 with ease just running map 5 will get pushed out unless they start running map 6 regularly. You’re basing your glory projections on how you place now in AQ instead of anticipating higher cutoff for the top 500. Make no mistakes alliances will be chasing those t2 a shards.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    1/2 T2A for M**** each week. Cool the rest of us can never catch up. Way to keep that gap between the alliances.
    1/2 T2A for M**** each week. Cool the rest of us can never catch up. Way to keep that gap between the alliances.
    Not only did kabam not seriously punish them for their antics in season 2 of AW but now they further reward them. You can’t make this stuff up a new r4/55 5* or r5/65 5* every 3 months smfh
  • TrendlyFynnTrendlyFynn Posts: 35
    Peak milestone seems great on paper... But how do you guys intend to make sure players aren't going to be screwed out of awards?
    Mainly being kicked from an alliance before the rewards are received.
    We have seen it in AW.( I feel like you guys are sitting on your hands there)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Peak milestone seems great on paper... But how do you guys intend to make sure players aren't going to be screwed out of awards?

That's true. In the old system you were getting rewards as you go along. By holding rewards until the end a player cannot leave in the middle of an AQ week or they will forfeit all of the accumulated milestone rewards. That seems to be an unintended but problematic change.
  • Yagami9999Yagami9999 Posts: 137
    edited June 2018
    TL:DR

What I glance through was more glory and T4cc crystals
    Sitting at 1,000+ of those, can't open as T4cc is maxed
    Can't use them as no worthy 5stars

and the increase in glory is not enoough for T2a purchase.....which everyone needs

Map 5 mini boss doubles in health so ...YAY! ..........
    getting more rewards you won't use fighting 2 mini bosses who now has 2x health boost

Nice Improvement

Edit : And hey, Alliance War nodes are more difficult also, so if you WERE buying pots only.........you need more now but the glory increase is no where near
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    edited June 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »

That's true. In the old system you were getting rewards as you go along. By holding rewards until the end a player cannot leave in the middle of an AQ week or they will forfeit all of the accumulated milestone rewards. That seems to be an unintended but problematic change.

That’s true. I know we occasionally have people (friends) on standby that step in for guys that go on vacations, take breaks, etc between wars. Sometimes you can land them during AQ / AW breaks but that happens pretty rarely. Since we prioritize war now sometimes it may happen during an AQ series. It would suck to not get the peak milestones in a case like that.

• OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    edited June 2018
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    Infantry wrote: »
    Our alliance walks away with 24 map 5 crystals at the end of aq and if I'm reading this right we will only get 9 now which gives t4b and t4cc I don't see how this is a better rewards system

You get 15 of those Crystals from doing the Map itself, which you'll still get.

Currently if you score 130,000,000 Points in the Expert Bracket during an AQ cycle, you get 9 Map 5 Crystals from Milestones 1-9, and 4 Map 6 Crystals from Milestones 10-13, alongside 2,030 Glory from Milestones 1-13.

If you ran the exact same thing in the upcoming Alliance Quest, you'll recieve the same amount fo Map 5 Crystals, 2 additional Map 6 Crystals, and an additional 570 Glory.

So 2 extra map crystals and 570 glory extra? That's it? You're joking right? Better start handing out full t4 catalyst both class and basic like candy. As well as full t1 alphas and bare minimum half a t2 alpha. Getting tired of waiting 4 months to form 1 t2 alpha. Ranking is so slow in this game. We need gold, iso, and catalyst to rank and you give all the full ones to the top and leave us hanging with no chance to catch up to them. My alliance fell apart because we were stuck in the same spot in AQ without ever progressing for well over 2 years. Was in the same alliance since the start of alliances almost. Everyone moved on to higher alliances as people retired for better rewards. This is not good. And sad! Disappointing!
  • Chris9Chris9 Posts: 17
    When are the devs going to become available on the forums? You say that it takes away time from them, yet every major dev does it.

Also, can we have a group of folks that give you requests of what WE want? Basically like a start point, whereas you at least know what our goals are
  • RuchmanRuchman Posts: 14
    edited June 2018
    SuperFarz wrote: »
    IanMoone wrote: »

Man, you get more glory THEN before. After the first week you can buy more potions / revives. All you have to do is manage your spend for the first week. Only issue I see is the lack of good resources like t2a for the other 99.99% of the players.

Not if your alliance decided to do map 5 for 3 days instead of 5 after being burned out from AW season
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    I don’t care how much you raise rewards if I can’t use them to get the items I may need in AQ or Aw that week instead of giving you actual money then you are screwing any free to play player. This is got to be fixed. There is no reason to hold rewards till the other than forcing players to use units on potions. Even if I stake up on over priced potions my stash could be gone in 1 war when using boost and multiple days of map six. This needs to be removed.
  • DeckardDeckard Posts: 31
    7thStone wrote: »
    Wow underwhelming. But good to see you are making sure the whales get at least 2 t2a a month while the middle class will only take 9 months to get 1. Solid thinking. How about you scrap AQ give the 1-30 a bunch a t2a and we move on. Or you could do some new content like 5v5 AQ like dungeons. Fresh thinking would be cool.

@Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Wolf
    @Kabam Vydious
    @Kabam Zibiit
    @Kabam Loto

Can we have your opinion on this?

@Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Wolf
    @Kabam Vydious
    @Kabam Zibiit
    @Kabam Loto

Such an important though that hasn’t been replied yet.
  • richo82richo82 Posts: 50
    edited June 2018
    Are you reducing the loyalty cost for the higher maps? That's the true bottleneck as you can't just farm more loyalty like you can with gold and battle chips.

Not right now, but I will pass that feedback along to the team!

Guess you haven't been in a competitive war alliance that requires you to use glory for items to clear your line.
    Woops wrong quote