**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unit fraudsters

Kabam why are you only temp banning unit fraudsters and not permanently banning these scumbags? Also surely you have to contact local authorities to inform them of such illegal activities taking place, or does a company like kabam have zero morals and only worry about where the next bit of income is coming from

Comments

• HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    The fraudulent units should at the very least be removed from the account. If the units were spent already, I’m guessing it would be too hard to retroactively remove all champs and items gained from those units though. So perhaps give them a negative unit balance that won’t allow them to spend any units until that balance is cleared.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    A 1 week ban for this isn't acceptable. When the ban is lifted these cheats are coming back to the game with their ill-gotten advantage.

I've played fairly for both season and can barely reach my second r5 AFTER I 100% the next EQ (**** war crystal luck but still).

What point is there for any of us to play fairly if the cheaters get better rewards AND they get to keep them when they're caught? Why shouldn't we all cheat, wait for our 1 week ban to take a vacation or something and then come back to the rewards we don't deserve?

Makes ZERO sense.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Dave_81 wrote: »
    Kabam why are you only temp banning unit fraudsters and not permanently banning these scumbags? Also surely you have to contact local authorities to inform them of such illegal activities taking place, or does a company like kabam have zero morals and only worry about where the next bit of income is coming from

"Local authorities". Wow.

Their jurisdiction only extends to terms of service while playing the game, not credit card fraud. That is at the discretion of the credit card companies and/or aggrieved parties who were stolen from, and even then there's built in insurance that, up to a certain threshold, everyone eats as a cost of doing business.

Of course I can name you at least 10 accounts now defunct for months that got pinched for Cheating Of Ridiculous Efficacy by using said methods, so sooner or later everything evens out.

*Øf
  • After seeing many post on the forums and reddit about Unit fraud I’m completely on board with these users getting banned. Because someone had to log into said persons account to load the fraudulent units and that’s a clear violation of TOS. My question is about items gifted to you for cheap prices. Seen a few people posting that they will gift you items for a reduced price. But is this still a violation of TOS?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    I believe every ban starts with 7 days, and after that will be 30 or permaban, no?
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    Plumcrzy79 wrote: »
    After seeing many post on the forums and reddit about Unit fraud I’m completely on board with these users getting banned. Because someone had to log into said persons account to load the fraudulent units and that’s a clear violation of TOS. My question is about items gifted to you for cheap prices. Seen a few people posting that they will gift you items for a reduced price. But is this still a violation of TOS?

As far as I'm aware (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong) if you are paying other players to send you gifts that is a violation of the TOS..
    I think I seen kabam Mike put out something about it awhile ago (but as I said I could be wrong)
  • DaddyDDaddyD Posts: 75
    This is wild. When I first heard about this stuff today, I thought people were just uploading iTunes gift cards they didn’t want at a discount to get rid of them. Had no clue of the fraud that went into this.
  • blindside493blindside493 Posts: 51
    this really needs to be addressed. Temp bans during off season for committing illegal fraud? They are openly admitting to breaking the terms of service and not only that, the actions are illegal. Seems like such a punitive punishment. I’d recommend everyone report this to Apple and Google Play.
  • blindside493blindside493 Posts: 51
    If you know these individuals used fraudulent units, how can you justify allowing them to keep season rewards. Units to buy potions, etc.
  • ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    all boosts, champs from ill-gotten crystals should be removed otherwise... it's totally worth the weak 7 day ban in order to cheat by this method. This is terrible for morale. Quit letting ToS breakers benefit while the legit suffer.
  • RicardobaltoRicardobalto Posts: 238
    I may be off here but what is a fraudulent units? Must have missed that information around forum. Mind someone explain to me?
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    Agreed one week or month is not fair to others. Especially if they get to keep their season rewards and those champs they acquired illegally (FGMC)
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    Guarantee if this was some random chumps from gold or silver alliances it would be permanent. The double standards this company sets is an absolute joke. Lining their pockets and handing out biased and selective suspensions or bans.

You either ban them all permanently or none of them permanently, it should be the former. Fair alliances losing out to pilots, to fraudulent units, to 2* Wars, and what happens? Not a thing because they’re all being sheltered and protected out of sheer greed.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    I may be off here but what is a fraudulent units? Must have missed that information around forum. Mind someone explain to me?

people buy reduced price units from other people that are obtaining iTunes and Google play gift cards via credit card fraud.
  • ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    wow.... 7days... thats it!!!! are u freaking kidding kabam. they get to cheat their way to the top... get rewards ... buy cheap crystals and boosts and you only give them 7DAYS! what in the hell. It simply doesnt pay to play legit in this game. If @Kabam Miike thinks 7 days is the proper punishment he is out of his mind. Take their ill'gotten rewards from them. A 7 day break and all those rewards. This has turned into bizarro world.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    The fraudulent units should at the very least be removed from the account. If the units were spent already, I’m guessing it would be too hard to retroactively remove all champs and items gained from those units though. So perhaps give them a negative unit balance that won’t allow them to spend any units until that balance is cleared.

The problem is that, as I understand the problem, Kabam wasn't defrauded. They were paid for the units delivered to the account, and I don't believe they have the information to prove anything weird happened. App stores like Apple and Google don't even give them detailed purchase information like what credit cards or other payment sources were used, I don't believe, because of privacy issues.

It is important to remember that in a mechanical sense, we don't buy units from Kabam. We buy them from Apple or Google who actually run the purchasing systems (that's also why Kabam has nothing to do with foreign currency conversions: Apple and Google control those). Kabam is a sort of wholesale supplier of units, and Apple and Google are the retailers. These unit fraud schemes defraud Apple and Google, by generally stealing from other people to pay those companies, but Kabam itself is not a party to those transactions.

In fact, I'm not sure about Google Play, but I believe Apple's developer rules are such that Kabam can't remove units from a player's account that Kabam itself was paid for. There are strict rules enforced by Apple about how an app vendor can manage in-game virtual currencies. For example, virtual currency cannot expire, and virtual currency cannot be gifted from player to player. They probably also cannot arbitrarily delete units either even if they suspect a problem.
  • LoganLogan Posts: 143 ★★
    The youtuber that posted his ban today used these fraudulent practices to complete act 5 100 LOL and have an unfair advantage in war if its only a 7 day ban please let me know where to go because grinding out units in the arena for each LOL path is rough but he gets to keep all his rewards
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    Logan wrote: »
    The youtuber that posted his ban today used these fraudulent practices to complete act 5 100 LOL and have an unfair advantage in war if its only a 7 day ban please let me know where to go because grinding out units in the arena for each LOL path is rough but he gets to keep all his rewards

Who?
  • MyselfandiMyselfandi Posts: 165
    Logan wrote: »

Same!!! Lemme finish all content for a 7day ban? I'll take that!!!
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    Just ask Kabam and @ them. Hey kabam can I buy these fraudulent unit deals and only be banned for 7 days when nothing is going on!?

See what they say.
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    What is unit fraud?
This discussion has been closed.