**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Appreciating the Mods/Devs

Comments

• NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    U guys really don't like Kabam huh ? If u don't like them... And all u do is complain... Then why play the game ? How would u feel if everyone at ur work put u down.. Everyday. Everytime u messed up. Be pretty upset and underappreciated, right or wrong ?
  • Just a moment of reflection and a reality check. Would you want to be at the office working on Friday night fixing a server outage when you could be out enjoying yourself? Perhaps some of these people were going to be there already. Maybe not though. Perhaps some overtime is being put in. Also, the stress that comes with literally MILLIONS of people being pissed and waiting on you cannot be fun. Sure, we're upset cuz we can't play. In the grand scheme.... it seems like a moot point in relative comparison to the anxiety and stress these people are going through at the moment. The Kabam team is doing what they can to resolve this. All we can do is wait and show them a monochrome of patience. Sure, I'm not happy that I can't get in. Yes, my Alliance as a whole is flipping out as time is ticking away and we cannot advance in Map 5. We're hoping that it get fixed soon. Many of us are about to fall asleep, or go out for the night. Either way, we aren't going to be playing for awhile as a result. I hope we get some 30 minute timers so finishing the Map will be feasible without staying up til the butt crack of dawn and sleeping for a few until we have enough energy in game to move again. I agree with the OP that some appreciation is due. No one involved is happy right now. This much I'm sure of.
  • Friendly_UserFriendly_User Posts: 121
    edited June 2018
    Namelez wrote: »
    U guys really don't like Kabam huh ? If u don't like them... And all u do is complain... Then why play the game ? How would u feel if everyone at ur work put u down.. Everyday. Everytime u messed up. Be pretty upset and underappreciated, right or wrong ?

If I messed up at my job as much as they do, I would be forced to take a drug test and/or fired.
    But @Friendly_User... Would u want everyone to be mad at u ? And just put more stress on u about it ?
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    These threads lately have been the tops!
    But @Friendly_User... Would u want everyone to be mad at u ? And just put more stress on u about it ?

It wouldn't matter because I wouldn't have a job, Mr. Poe.
    @SiriusBreak exactly bro... Imo they don't HAVE to fix these servers. They can all just quit and the community in this game would flip out and want them back to fix it. I'm upset that it's down as well. But some of these guys... Taking it out on the Mods, is just ridiculous.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★

Between the lies, hypocrisy, incompetency, and overall disregard for the community… MY GOD, KABAM IS A DEFENSE ATTORNEY!
    @Epsilon3 I'm not defending Kabam and they are not the best company. But again. Everyone there is human. Just like u and I. They all have emotions and feelings. People need to take that into consideration. We're getting compensation for the game being down this long. They don't have to give us that but I bet they will.
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288

You do get that the servers being down isn’t necessarily Kabam’s fault, and definitely not the fault of the forum mods...right?

So sure, if you messed up you might not have a job. But most the ire here tends to be directed towards the wrong people.

It’s like, when your fellow janitor is cleaning and misses some garbage but you’re blamed for it. I’m sure you don’t like it when that happens.
    @Maidril u just said EXACTLY what I'm trying to get across ! If u have a wreck, but both lights were green and it's said that it's the light's fualt. Why take it out on the other driver ?
    @Epsilon3 I'm not defending Kabam and they are not the best company. But again. Everyone there is human. Just like u and I. They all have emotions and feelings. People need to take that into consideration. We're getting compensation for the game being down this long. They don't have to give us that but I bet they will.

@Namelez I’d be willing to bet 2000 5* shards on the opposite. They did nothing of the sort for the rampant dungeon outages, legend runs, or the various soft nerfs implemented lately.

Not since at least 5.3 was introduced have the given any compensation save once.

To compound this we have bugs like an infestation, abilities about as broke as the USA, war Synergies being inert, and 2 our of the many fabled buffs we were promised this year. They are a COMPANY! If say… Walmart has this level of contempt for their customers there would surely be hell to pay
    Maidril wrote: »

You do get that the servers being down isn’t necessarily Kabam’s fault, and definitely not the fault of the forum mods...right?

So sure, if you messed up you might not have a job. But most the ire here tends to be directed towards the wrong people.

It’s like, when your fellow janitor is cleaning and misses some garbage but you’re blamed for it. I’m sure you don’t like it when that happens.

Did I say it was their fault?

I'm not even talking about the servers... I'm talking about the cluster#### of mishaps they do on a routine basis.
    @Epsilon3 guess u haven't played much LoL we actually got compensated these last few months for server outages.
    @Friendly_User besides server outages (which is out of their control) do u mean ? What mishaps ?
    Agreed with @Friendly_User this is just expired icing on the burnt cake at this point. The servers probably aren’t their fault but they won’t own up to a clerical error when they can make more money by doing nothing and have us spend to get our champs revived, healed, refreshed…
    Nobody makes u open ur wallet @Epsilon3 they don't make us.
    @Epsilon3 guess u haven't played much LoL we actually got compensated these last few months for server outages.

We got it once mi amigo. Unless they flooded mailboxes with compensation from December-February (I took a small hiatus) only one instance came to mind.
    We got 1) Some 4 & 5* shards. Lvl 4 team revives etc. 2) The crystal they gave out with their favorite champs in it.
    edited June 2018
    @Namelez did I once say they WILL make us spend? No! I said they can profit off it by giving players the ultimatum “spend to fix something you have no control over or restart the quest or wait to refresh or lose on AW, be at a disadvantage in AQ for your entire alliance”
    Thank u @GroundedWisdom
    Ugh of course GM would rationalize just a screw up. He’s their lapdog. Their Cerberus to their Hades… loyal to a fault
    @Epsilon3 the option to spend to fix something we have no control of ? They have no control over the servers. They can't help it if it goes down.
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    Ugh of course GM would rationalize just a screw up. He’s their lapdog. Their Cerberus to their Hades… loyal to a fault

I think he had puppies in this topic.
    @Friendly_User u still haven't said what the problem was. Besides servers being down. Which they CANNOT control. So how do they mess up ?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    That's quite dramatic for a comment about agreeing with the OP. There's a tendency to generalize when it comes to dealing with a company, but the Employees are not this entity named Kabam, that seeks to destroy our enjoyment. They're people that have guidelines, deadlines, and fault lines. They're just doing their job. I think a bit less personal and a bit more respect would be called for in general. Take the people who clean your tray in a mall, for example. Most people drop their garbage and walk away. I always make it a point to say "Thank you!" because no matter how much more important we think we are, busy with conversations and shopping, there's a person on the other end. Without their help, we would be eating off of thousands of meals stuck to a tray.
    @Friendly_User u still haven't said what the problem was. Besides servers being down. Which they CANNOT control. So how do they mess up ?
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Let me understand better, they deserve a little more appreciation for what?
    1) For doing what they are paid for as part of their routine job?
    2) For going above-and-beyond in their job (remind me which, I seriously cannot recall)?
    3) By breaking the trust and screwing up company-player relationship?
    4) By building an ever stronger trust in between company-player and earn the trust? (remind me which, I seriously cannot recall)
    5) By arrogantly tell us this and that are NOT a bug and there's nothing wrong on their side?
    6) By regularly mess up player's time availability to play during their limited available time with so many server issue?
    7) By ignoring, deleting, jailing & banning people for many of the honest and factual posts?
    8) ..... the list can go on ....

I honestly believe in appreciating and recognizing ppl for their good job. In my company, it is a culture that we use an official website to recognize and reward ppl (points which translate into monetary values) in terms of:-
    1) result orientation
    2) customer orientation
    3) great place to work
    4) quality
    5) others

I regularly issue recognition to my colleagues, even if we are not be in the same department or division, as long as we are in the same company. Sometimes it is a small recognition as a token of appreciation. Sometimes it is a big recognition for the extensive effort they invested in helping out a project on part of their original assignment.

What they deserve for all the screw up they created, all the way back since v12 saga? (or more precisely, after NEtmarble take over?)
This discussion has been closed.