**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

GAME IS DOWN [RESOLVED]

1353637383941»

Comments

• shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Ohhhh! It's going to get really quiet in here when everyone is back in. The rush to play!

Ok thanks, but ...
    Are you joking? Coz it is NOT funny. People lost 50% health and champ just now when trying to play only to get kicked out.
  • The_Savage_AncientThe_Savage_Ancient Posts: 134
    We won't make it with 30 min timers, have mercy and kindly grant 15 min timers. We are map
    6 and all our global members are asleep, not even few tiles into stage 1. This is an exceptionally long maintenance, this can't be treated on same lines and be given a 30 min timer. You'll have to consider this and reduce the timer to 15 mins @TenebrousTenebrific
    We won't make it with 30 min timers, have mercy and kindly grant 15 min timers. We are map
    6 and all our global members are asleep, not even few tiles into stage 1. This is an exceptionally long maintenance, this can't be treated on same lines and be given a 30 min timer. You'll have to consider this and reduce the timer to 15 mins @TenebrousTenebrific

US timezone members are NOW sleeping. Most of them won't make it for those bgs filled with US folks.

Also, they caused the server down, you shouldn't be the one begging them for mercy. And 30min timer is a JOKE. They should remove the timer altogether!!!
  • 15 minute timers not gonna solve the problem for a lot of alliances. I'm about to go to bed and a few other alliance mates are as well. We are stuck at linked nodes and can't move because others are sleeping now. We will not finish this AQ at no fault of our own. We run 5x5, 3 BG and always finish normally.

Not sure what compensation is being discussed but this impacts our entire AQ week. Add this to the growing disappointment about AW season 3 and AQ glory coming at the end of the week instead of incrementally and I'm at a loss for words. Which is why this post ends here.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Just cancel AQ, we simply can't finish which effects everyday going forward. Do we spend potions if we need them? We need answers now not in a weeks time.
    We have been advised that the game servers are back up and running. As previously noted, the team is monitoring for server stability at this time. A 30-minute timer for AQ is in place for the remainder of this current AQ. Unfortunately, we won't be able to make that shorter, although can understand the frustration with the timing. As noted, we will be continuing to monitor this and having discussions early next week regarding the overall impact this outage has caused regarding compensation.

Any reason why the timer cannot be reduced to 15min or be removed altogether (make it say 1min so it is almost like none)?

We hear alot of "sorry this, sorry that", "this can't be done, that can't be done", but we RARELY here any proper explanation.

An honest explanation will certainly help us to understand your situation, and go a long way btw the deteriorating company-player(customer) relationship.

Hope this make sense.
  • nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
    Ohhhh! It's going to get really quiet in here when everyone is back in. The rush to play!

Yep, and you better rush the compensation too.
  • Sakic19Sakic19 Posts: 98
    While the 30 minute timer is nice but it is too late, as many have said. You need to just cancel this AQ and give everyone full rewards fir the current map their alliance is in and then pick it up again in 9.5 hours with 30 minute timers. That would probably suit a lot of us.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    AQ and AW both stuffed up. Can we get a reset to both? No way 30min timers will fix this and several of us in the international community are at a huge disadvantage.
  • JokersJokers Posts: 29
    Please also consider those of us who unfortunately won’t be able to get three wars in this week as well. Our war event ended at 8:50 pm EST last night and due to the maintenance, we lost the ability to get a 2nd war running intil 6:20 am EST the next morning. That will put us past the 10:00 pm EST cutoff on Sunday night to begin a third and therefore miss all rewards.
  • adramelchadramelch Posts: 98
    Dakine86 wrote: »

It may just be me, but that came across with a bit of arrogance...

Arrogant or not, i can't say. But what I do know is that the community is just warming up
    Dakine86 wrote: »

It may just be me, but that came across with a bit of arrogance...

Yes definitely a BAD JOKE at the WRONG TIME. It is better he/she said nothing.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Will time zones be considered when compensation is discussed?
    I'm in New Zealand, so the game was down for me from 12:25pm until 9pm on a Saturday - pretty much the biggest chunk of grinding time available to me for the whole week.
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Will time zones be considered when compensation is discussed?
    I'm in New Zealand, so the game was down for me from 12:25pm until 9pm on a Saturday - pretty much the biggest chunk of grinding time available to me for the whole week.

Agreed
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    game was down for 10 hours, by the time our guys on the US west coast wake up (which is half the alliance) and log into the game we are going to only have 5 or 6 hours left to finish section 1 and complete section 2 and 3, i dont think even 30 minute timers is going to get us out of this one, because as they get on, we start losing all the guys that are in south East Asia
    game was down for 10 hours, by the time our guys on the US west coast wake up (which is half the alliance) and log into the game we are going to only have 5 or 6 hours left to finish section 1 and complete section 2 and 3, i dont think even 30 minute timers is going to get us out of this one, because as they get on, we start losing all the guys that are in south East Asia

I can totally understand your situation, same for some of our bgs that are filled with US folks, who are all in bed before the game was up and running.
  • As was noted earlier, this issue is now resolved.

We apologize for how long it took to get things back up and running and appreciate everyone's patience. As previously mentioned, we will be assessing the full impact and start discussions regarding what compensation will look like early next week.

For the remainder of the current Alliance Quest, the team has placed the timers to 30 minutes.

For further details, please see the thread and notes located here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/77965/emergency-maintenance-june-29
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    VTA92 wrote: »
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Omni wrote: »
    Every 15 mins that passes I drink a beer. Kabam don’t enable me drink myself away.

can I join you in that?

This is why everyone like you much more than that other guy. 😉

I know you were kind of joking, but I feel I need to address this for a moment :/ Everyone on my team is great, and wonderful. Y'all shoot the messenger a lot. And if you saw how many times Miike has advocated for our players, you probably wouldn't be so angry with him all the time. He cares a LOT about what you all experience, and what is frustrating you on any given day.

Also - when it was just me, before Miike joined... people hated me just as much as they hate him now. He's on the forums more than I am these days because my duties at work often take me elsewhere. If you guys need someone to hate and single out the most, please go back to it being me. Funnel all of your hate my way. <3

I know I don’t speak for everyone but I hope I do in this regard. I don’t hate any of you guys, I understand completely you guys are doing your job and I am confident you love and care for the game just as much as us, otherwise why get a job for the game? I also think that you guys genuinely do a great job in a tough situation, it can’t be easy telling players that their game is changing for the worse. (Although on the flip side, I can see when Mike is excited about announcing something good, like with the new AQ changes he was talking about those a few days ago)

I can appreciate it can be hard to pass on a message to the players when it is a message that the players will not be happy about. Shooting the messenger is just because you guys are the only link we have to kabam, you are their representatives to us. You are our only channel to talk to kabam.

I hope you don’t actually think we hate you, because everyone should realise that Mike didn’t make a particular decision to (Just plucking an example out of the wind) fix archangels bug. He’s just telling us about it. I also hope that you can understand that, at least for me, any anger I have about the game or any annoyance I have at a change, it all comes from a deep passion and love of the game. I do try most of the time to remind myself not to blame those who shouldn’t be blamed.

No hate should be funnelled your way, Miikes way or anyone of the forum staffs way
This discussion has been closed.