**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do not increase AW difficulty in Gold or Plat 3

BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
edited June 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
The map difficulty increase is coming soon to an AW near you. By the time it is live there will be little reaction before wars for the team to possibly make an adjustment.

Right now the expert map is correctly challenging for alliances pushing into plat 3 and those just outside. It acts as a nice barrier and remains a problem for many players. So knowing this why is there a need to further increase difficulty?

I realize in the notes the idea is to prevent 100% exploration. However with the diversity factor, player skill, and unit limitation this is not a problem within these ranks. The folks that should possibly be challenged more are only those who already do not struggle. Even then once increasing the challenge it will certainly increase item use. While I can see how this could eek out more profit it is absolutely not great. I am encouraged by a reduced cost in some items but they are still high for Wars and AQ.

My suggestion, if I understand the goal, is that you rework the alliance season rewards. Stop providing exceptionally valuable rewards to a select few which only make them stronger. Give them titles and rarities such as different colored champs etc...nothing that actually impacts game play.

Also, if you just want to make it harder remove item use altogether in the upper tiers. Combine that with a rewards change and you remove the monetary purpose to cheat. At that point it is only competitive and for “flair”.

They’ll still get great rewards for individual wars. You make season rewards based on individual participation, prestige, and no randomness it is a sure fun way to participate and challenege yourself. All the while it removes the excessive drama, pressure, folding, and a substantial amount of cheating. Some will still cheat but the reward for doing so is greatly decreased.

Comments

• BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    Thoughts?
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    It's a business after all
    Camby01 wrote: »
    It's a business after all

You’re certainly not wrong about that. However, making decisions that are not in the best interest of your base tends to not go well. I strongly feel this will adversely affect a large portion of the player base.

These sorts of things drive people away rather than keep them.

• jaylerdjaylerd Posts: 113
    I just pitched removing item use. I'm all for it as an option to select when searching for wars: connect with another alliance who isn't using items, or connect with an alliance that is and use your potions. They'll never do it though. I have no confidence they do anything with these suggestions.
    I love the idea of optional item use. Heck, more points for having it not being an option. Problem with choosing to use no items will leave you behind in rankings because you are likely to progress less.

At least so far people don’t seem to concerned with the increase in difficulty from the responses here. That is surprising to me.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    The difficulty of the maps has nothing to do with your season tier but your war rating tier. If you’re in the higher tiers you need to deal with the increased difficulty. If you’re unable to cope, perhaps it is a good idea to drop down to alliances in the lower tier?
    edited July 2018
    Wolfe wrote: »
    The difficulty of the maps has nothing to do with your season tier but your war rating tier. If you’re in the higher tiers you need to deal with the increased difficulty. If you’re unable to cope, perhaps it is a good idea to drop down to alliances in the lower tier?

Sure but the higher the rating the more likely you are to be on the harder maps. Did you follow my original point? The map difficulties are fine for that group already. It is only the highest tiers that should be doing a harder map.

If everyone at gold 1 and plat 3 were not being challenged enough they would be rated higher. They would then be facing harder maps. Those are facts. What this new system will do is make it harder across a much larger swath than necessary.

If you can sufficiently handle the new difficulty then you would already be rated higher. This just milks items and cases even more drama for a group that is already very up and down.

How many posts do you see about alliances recruiting saying they’re shooting for “plat 3” next season? Lots. That’s because people in that tier are very up and down and challenged. So let’s increase the difficulty on them for no reason 🤦‍♀️

@Wolfe

• ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    people.getting bent on this shouldnt worry unless theyre in master. ill spend some but the season rewards vs $ spent hit a demishing returns mark. It will simply not be worth it to blow that much on aw unless u have no life or like pixels better than a nice car.
  • Wei_ChunWei_Chun Posts: 2
    hi
    ezmoney wrote: »
    people.getting bent on this shouldnt worry unless theyre in master. ill spend some but the season rewards vs $ spent hit a demishing returns mark. It will simply not be worth it to blow that much on aw unless u have no life or like pixels better than a nice car.

You are totally right. This is my big concern. Expert map is already sufficiently challenging for those on the cusp. Now it is going to get harder.

It makes sense to have an expert and an increased expert with minis depending on your rating.