**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW Search Time needs an adjustment

Hello,

Majority of alliances play 3 wars a week. Currently, the search time for MMXIV has been close to or over 3 hours on average. Due to the long search time we had been experiencing, we are at times unable to play 3 wars despite searching as soon as the search window opens on Wednesdays or when a war is over. Due to our high rating, our match search pool is restricted and many alliances have been strategically avoiding our search window.

I would like to request that either you guys adjust our match search pool parameters (probable opponents and restrictions) or enable weekly war search earlier or disable war search later to give us an extra hour or two. I believe this request is reasonable and fair.

Thank you.

Comments

• GabbrosGabbros Posts: 157
    @TenebrousTenebrific @Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_

Is this the right section for my post? Or is sending a ticket a better method?
  • BlezzzzzzzzzBlezzzzzzzzz Posts: 45
    Gabbros wrote: »
    Hello,

Majority of alliances play 3 wars a week. Currently, the search time for MMXIV has been close to or over 3 hours on average. Due to the long search time we had been experiencing, we are at times unable to play 3 wars despite searching as soon as the search window opens on Wednesdays or when a war is over. Due to our high rating, our match search pool is restricted and many alliances have been strategically avoiding our search window.

I would like to request that either you guys adjust our match search pool parameters (probable opponents and restrictions) or enable weekly war search earlier or disable war search later to give us an extra hour or two. I believe this request is reasonable and fair.

Thank you.

Which alliances should receive special treatment?
  • RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    Hello,

Thank you.

Which alliances should receive special treatment?

I wouldn't call it special treatment. It's about being fair. They also have the right to have 3 wars, that's it.
  • slapfouslapfou Posts: 1
    Search time for higher rated alliances with rating over 2700 or so is very long to find a match.
  • ForsakenForsaken Posts: 1
    Enabling war search another hour wont kill anyone...

Search time shouldnt b over 2 hours seriously...
  • GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    So what is defined as "pressing start on time"? Last time I checked this is a global game with numerous different time zones.
    Grub wrote: »
    So what is defined as "pressing start on time"? Last time I checked this is a global game with numerous different time zones.

Once they open the matchmaking thingy they have.
  • GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    So if AW matchmaking comes up at 4:00am for some alliances (European/Japanese/Korean/etc) they should not get any preferential treatment in AW for finding3 wars because it's completely reasonable that someone stay up or wake up at that time to hit search.
  • Don't care what time kabam sets it up, we will have a guy ready to press start.
    So if AW matchmaking comes up at 4:00am for some alliances (European/Japanese/Korean/etc) they should not get any preferential treatment in AW for finding3 wars because it's completely reasonable that someone stay up or wake up at that time to hit search.

To clarify:
    -AW is enabled on Wed 11am PDT and disabled at Sunday 7pm PDT.
    -Every war is 48 hours (24 hours placement phase, 24 hours attack phase)
    -Our war searches have been on average 3 hours.

So, it comes down to:
    Wed 11am(search enabled and we search) -> Wed 2pm(war#1 match found) -> Fri 2pm (war#1 ends, new search begins) -> Fri 5pm (war#2 match found) -> Sun 5pm (war#2 ends, new search begins).

Therefore...we only have 2 hours left on Sunday to search and find 3rd war match. If we are lucky, we get a match. Plus, this is assuming we search as fast as possible EVERY time.

Other alliances usually match within 2 hours and have a lot more flexibility and room. They can recruit and replace a new member after a war taking 10-30minutes and still have room to search for 3 wars per week. Our officers have life. They may not be able to be present the minute a war ends and a new search needs to be started...

It doesnt matter whether the majority of people in your alliance is compromised of peoeple from Asian, Euro, US, or elsewhere...

edited June 2017

To clarify:
    -War search is enabled every Wednesday 11am PDT and disabled every Sunday 7pm PDT.
    -Every war takes 48 hours (24 hours placement phase & 24 hours attack phase)
    -On average, our searches have been 3 hours.

Therefore,
    Wed 11am PDT (search begins and we search) -> Wed 2pm (war#1 match found) -> Fri 2pm (war#2 search begins) -> Fri 5pm (war #2 match found) -> Sun 5pm (war #3 search begins).

For our 3rd war search, we have 2 hours to find a match. If we are lucky, we will find a match, if not we cannot play a third war. Plus, this is assuming our officers search as soon as possible when a war ends.

Other alliances have plenty time and flexibility to search for 3 wars. They can even take 10-30minutes after a war to recruit and replace a member. Their officers can afford to excuse themselves because they have a life and not be present the minute a war ends. It does not matter whether you are EU or US or Asia or wherever…the search system is just not optimized to consider a high rating such as us given the limited allotted search time we have.
  • Gabbros wrote: »
    @TenebrousTenebrific @Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_

Is this the right section for my post? Or is sending a ticket a better method?

This is the correct section. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the long search times for your alliance. Should you wish to write into our Support Team, they will likely direct you to the feedback form (that will also be reviewed by the game team). Either way works for us! I'll ensure this feedback is seen.

I don't know a ton about coding or if this making a coding change is something that could be done to resolve the issue (it is possible that the issue is more a matter of lack of viable alliances available to match with, not the time/code itself - just my first thought and I may be totally off as well, I'm not looking at the data), but it is good for us to know the troubles you're having so the team can look into it further and come up with a possible solution if one can be found. Thanks again for sharing this, and for clarifying!
  • Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    its not much about coding, as much as it is with every game. The higher you are, the less people there are (at the same level). You propably have a handful of opponents, so coordinate with them, when you want to start a war. Once both of you press start, I'm pretty sure you'll find a match in under 5 minutes.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    I'd feel more sorry if we all didn't know how the top alliances in war had been gaming the system mere months ago to not have to face each other.
    edited June 2017
    @TenebrousTenebrific Thank you very much. Would be great if someone on the game team can give us a response.

It is true that our potential alliance matching is limited. I also do not know exactly how the coding is done, but i assume tat alliances beyond certain XY aw rating difference cannot be matched together. I do suggest though that after 2 hours or so searching...that this XY value should be increased. Ex. Assuming we are at 3300 rating... system tries to match those with 300 aw rating difference The first hour; 600 aw rating difference by 2 hours; 900 aw rating difftence by 3 hours...just as an example.
    Lo4eath wrote: »
    its not much about coding, as much as it is with every game. The higher you are, the less people there are (at the same level). You propably have a handful of opponents, so coordinate with them, when you want to start a war. Once both of you press start, I'm pretty sure you'll find a match in under 5 minutes.
    It would be great if alliances closer to our rating would be more willing to match us for the challenge. Unfortunately, this has not been the case.
    Thawnim wrote: »
    I'd feel more sorry if we all didn't know how the top alliances in war had been gaming the system mere months ago to not have to face each other.
    Yes, there are groups tat strategically search at certain time either by splitting themselves to lessen the chance to match one another or searching once few have found a match already to avoid one another. Legit strategy nonetheless.

edited June 2017
    KALIZO wrote: »
    HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE AVERAGE TIME IS FOR MMXIV IS? FOR MY ALLIANCE IN PARTICULAR, IT COULD TAKE 1 HOUR 5 HOURS, IT VARIES.
    I know because i have been observing our search times time to time. It is often over 3 hours. Always over 2-2.5 hours. The fact that we search asap always except when we have member changes, yet not being able to get 3 wars proves my observation.

The difference between your alliance and mine would be that the matching pool for yours is a lot bigger, therefore, during ur search time the likelyness you will find a match within 2 hours is a lot more likely.

• ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★

Thawnim wrote: »
    Yes, there are groups tat strategically search at certain time either by splitting themselves to lessen the chance to match one another or searching once few have found a match already to avoid one another. Legit strategy nonetheless.

[/quote]

I don't disagree with the strategy being legitimate. I'm just saying you cannot have your cake and eat it too. If the top alliances, even if not your alliance, are choosing to do it that is the problem and not the system for matchmaking itself. You cannot draw even matchups when scores have been run up so high. The system just won't match you against alliances with a much lower rating.
    @TenebrousTenebrific Thank you very much. Would be great if someone on the game team can give us a response.

It is true that our potential alliance matching is limited. I also do not know exactly how the coding is done, but i assume tat alliances beyond certain XY aw rating difference cannot be matched together. I do suggest though that after 2 hours or so searching...that this XY value should be increased. Ex. Assuming we are at 3300 rating... system tries to match those with 300 aw rating difference The first hour; 600 aw rating difference by 2 hours; 900 aw rating difftence by 3 hours...just as an example.

This would be horrible. Yes, if you are in T1 and are a mainstay, you *should potentionally* be able to square up against whoever, but the proposed values are way too big. I wouldnt wanna face you guys just coz we had the misfortune to start AW late and you have been waiting for hours.
    edited June 2017
    @Thawnim i agree that people avoiding us is one of the bigger problems. However, it is also true that the current system can be improved or changed. Yes, it would be too unbalanced to match vs alliances with 1700 rating for instance, but those above 2500 should not have an issue...roster wise i believe. I do like to criticize though that the BIGGEST turnoff vs an extremely high rated alliance is that the losing alliance lose TOO LITTLE rating. Aside mayb the top 5 alliances, majority of alliances have a 65% win rate or so having to lose time to time. Ironically, what everyone wants is a lower rating, NOT high rating since the lower ur rating, the more likely u will match versus more diversified pool or those with lesser rating or "more affordable" or easier/fair matching. Losing -1 rating vs a top 5 alliance really sucks. The ideal goal for majority of alliances is probably to minimize the surplus rating with 65% win rate. The current +/- system can use an improvement.

For now, all im asking is for more time search or to increase our matching potential a bit.
    ^^
    To be fair, you are at 3.3k rating, so you're a bit of an outlier, because the closest to you is 3.17k. In your case, TOP50 alliances should be in your pool, maybe if you got your rating 100 or so lower, it would be faster, because my guess is now it only searches for top 10 or so.
    Lo4eath wrote: »
    ^^
    To be fair, you are at 3.3k rating, so you're a bit of an outlier, because the closest to you is 3.17k. In your case, TOP50 alliances should be in your pool, maybe if you got your rating 100 or so lower, it would be faster, because my guess is now it only searches for top 10 or so.

Or instead of just taking the top 50, taking the top 75. That would increase the odds in a 50%.
    edited June 2017
    @Lo4eath @Rydertheblack
    Those with 3000+ rating could be considered outliers, however, this is due to the fact that we win all our wars usually whereas those below top 20 mayb follow the 65% win rate model more closely. Another occurance i can raise about is that there are also alliances that interchange alliances whenever they reach a certain aw rating alternating between two alliances where one keeps winning while another keeps losing then swap. This strategy also is legit in that they face blackout consequences, but it is also true that they are misrepresenting their true rating and shortening the number of higher rated alliance segment...which result in less alliances that will would match us.

With t4c no longer being a game changer, aq rewards have becomes less of a prioriety than aw rewards nowadays. I do not mean to expand my topic outside my request, but improving aq rewards by adding some 5* shards can potentially discourage the practice i just mentioned.

• Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    @Gabbros , fundamentally, this is indeed an issue. That said, I know there is a Line room with top 10 war alliances. Surely you can match up to each other if you so choose, rather than specifically avoiding each other most of the time.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    If we ever match up with you I'm putting my 1 stars in on offense and questing instead.
    rwhack wrote: »
    If we ever match up with you I'm putting my 1 stars in on offense and questing instead.

hahahaha what for? They are the top. Putting 1* or 5* r4 wouldn't make any difference for them. They would breeze through the map as usual.
    rwhack wrote: »

hahahaha what for? They are the top. Putting 1* or 5* r4 wouldn't make any difference for them. They would breeze through the map as usual.

he said what for, questing lol
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    @Maximus_Spankerson the issue is no alliance will willingly face MMX. They win every war, why would allys willingly go up against them over and over? Once or twice is for the challenge, then it's just banging your head against the wall.