**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Free To Play

Me being a free to play player puts me at a disadvantage to other players. Surely there must be a way to be able to enjoy the game without spending any money. If there is anything you could do about this. For example maybe increase the rewards for the monthly quest or improve the calendar rewards. Who else agrees with me? Also i believe that all mcoc players should get some form of compensation for the issues ongoing.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    In what way would that give an advantage only for the free2play players?
    Sure, you don't spend money. That's fine. But if you spend, you get more stuff.

Being a free2play player, you can still do everything that a pay2win can do (with a fre exceptions like deadpool arena)
  • While being free to play, you can do 99% of everything that pay to win players do. They do a huge crystal opening? Farm a ton of arena for units and do the same thing. They have the best masteries? Farm arena and get units for those same masteries. They can beat endgame quests by throwing money at the screen? Practice and get better than them so you don't have to spend much, if anything. Also, with your solutions, the free to play players wouldn't have any advantage, as the pay to win players would get the same exact rewards. (I'm also free to play)
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    I'm still fully shocked that when this pay2win model was first presented, it wasn't just laughed off. And I will be even more shocked if it survives for another few years
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/77842/free-players-how-far-have-you-come#latest

This is a thread I started recently... I think you'll find that many F2P are actually doing better than many of the P2W players.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    I have a lot of respect for those that have never spent any money on this game. But every time F2P players complain about something (Deadpool, 1 dollar 4* crystal,...etc) I do roll my eyes a bit. The game costs quite a bit of money to run. Outside of copromoting Mavrel movies/tv, (which is likely part of the licensing agreement with Marvel) there is no advertising built into the game unlike many other F2Ps. That means every F2P player actually costs them money and generates no income whatsoever.
  • GSTAR21GSTAR21 Posts: 168
    I'm F2P and have been playing for about 1 - 2 years. I've got a 300K roster with a full 4/55 5* team and I complete all the monthly event quests in uncollected, do the occasional challenges (like the Evangeline Lilly's Champion Challenge), have done RTL, ROL and have nearly done 100% Act 5. I've also been in high alliances that do map 6 and high tier war.

All of that and the only thing I've bought is the £1 4* crystal they did. We don't deserve any special treatment from the ones that pay or else the people that do pay will stop paying and the game will collapse. Unfortunately the game survives off the whales, us F2P players just have to develop skills and be patient for rewards.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    There are succesfull f2p games around that have no advertisements and make money only by selling cosmetics like skins. But it takes developers that are focused on improving game to the point where its so good that people are willingly buying stuff to support it, instead of just focused on how to manipulate people into paying for in-game advantage, aka milking the whales
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Neviah2104 wrote: »
    Me being a free to play player puts me at a disadvantage to other players. Surely there must be a way to be able to enjoy the game without spending any money.

Surely there must be a way to be able to enjoy the game without being one of the top players in the game.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Lose the competitiveness you have.

You can be competitive without being the best. You just need to set your sights on appropriate competition.