**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Version 19.0 Discussion Thread

Comments

• HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    update = maintenance :/
  • Alienbj13Alienbj13 Posts: 59
    Hiii guys
  • Alienbj13Alienbj13 Posts: 59
    Anyone wanna play guess who?
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Thecraw wrote: »
    When is the emergancy maintainance going to finish

Apparently this guy was asking the real questions. 4 days ago.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    GSTAR21 wrote: »
    So we can only get the highest milestone we reach and not the others earned? Sounds like we are being punished for trying to reach higher milestones. And also when is Drax going to be fixed. He can’t bypass mordos astrial evade anymore.

He is already fixed. He never was supposed to bypass evade the way he did it before

you really believe that a champ that has functioned that way for 3 years was not meant to do it and they never thought to tell anyone in that time and just remove it, lot of people were ranking him specifiaclly for that ability, there has been loads of threads on him over the years and not once did any one from Kabam think to say it was a bug so dont rank him for that.

We actually did mention it multiple times. Drax was never meant to be able to bypass Astral evade, and never did it consistently, as it was device and frame rate dependent.

I am getting so sick of this Drax change, it's a nerf just admit it. It's not about frame rate, he was 100% consistent for me for countering astral evade and I have fought a lot of Mordo's. It was highlighted as a unique feature and was the main reason I and many other people leveled him up so either issue rank down tickets to those who have a Drax or update him so the "unique feature" of his 2 hit medium counters evade.

Otherwise you're heading down a very slippery slope, people pay hundreds of pounds on your offers only to have the champion they upgraded nerfed, you have to take responsibility when you make a significant change to something that people have effectively payed for!

They did in fact state repeatedly going back a long ways that this behavior was unintended and due to timing issues. There was no reason to lie about it way back then. And in fact, it wasn't just Drax that was able to do this, many other champions could do this but with different success rates. Drax was just the one with the best success rate. But the fact that others could do this less than 100% of the time demonstrated conclusively to me that this was, in fact, not a deliberate effect just as Kabam indicated all along.

The players can't demand transparency from Kabam and then ignore the one time they were actually transparent about intent.

Every champ that could bypass astral evade could do it 100% of the time. It was absolutely not a frame rate issue. How they "fixed" this bug is that now every time a champ evades the first hit of Drax's medium, Drax's champ model slides back at the same time as the evading opponent and doubles the distance between him and the opponent. As a result, the second hit of the medium can't connect anymore and stop the evade. It also doesn't only affect astral evade. Drax can no longer bypass Quake's concussion evade (from her heavy) and OG Ultron's evade (several people used drax to beat him in 5.4). You'll also get cornered more quickly now when fighting evaders with Drax. This was a Drax specific nerf against evasion and he lost one of his unique features (being able to stop evades with his medium attack)

Define “Every champ that could bypass astral evade could do it 100% of the time”. Do you mean champs like Iceman and Karnak where their abilities actually state that opponents cannot evade under circumstances? Then yes I would agree with you. But are you talking about obscure champs that never had the ability to counter evade champs like Drax, X-23, and Elektra? Then no, that’s incorrect. Drax never bypass astral evade 100% of the time for me, and people mentioned X-23 and Elektra being able to evade with their heavies, too. That’s sort of correct. But if I had to estimate, their heavy attacks would only work maybe 50% of the time. All 3 became so inconsistent that I didn’t even bother using them anymore for Mordo. And why would I because Mordo is not really that hard of a champ to fight anyway. Especially in AW when his attack is amped up and there’s MD to deal with, why take the chance to try and bypass astral evade and degen into oblivion. Honestly the outcry for Drax, regardless of whether it’s solely against Mordo or any other evaders, is unreasonable. The issue was addressed many times and it’s not part of his ability kit.

You are missing the real point. The claim Kabam has made is that there has been no change to Drax.

The reality is he now slides back when an auto-evader evades. This is a change. It only happens with Auto Evaders and Drax. That's why this does qualify as a either a bug (the sliding back) or a nerf if that is now his new mechanic.
  • JadyJady Posts: 5
    new update and emergency maintenance again? come on its no more fun do something guys.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Jady wrote: »
    new update and emergency maintenance again? come on its no more fun do something guys.

It's the regularly scheduled unscheduled maintenance which occurs after the regularly scheduled maintenance or update.
  • Bloodpack2k2Bloodpack2k2 Posts: 2
    Jady wrote: »

It's the regularly scheduled unscheduled maintenance which occurs after the regularly scheduled maintenance or update.

It's the regularly scheduled unscheduled maintenance which occurs after the regularly scheduled maintenance or update but before a regularly schedule maintenance.
  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    Maybe cause ita a harder bug to fix? Also cause they have to make sure that in the process of fixing that bug it doesnt create multiple other bugs?

Memba when you said they have to make sure no other bugs snuck in? Well more did even though they never fixed it. They always have problems and bugs with every update.
  • sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 239 ★★
    Just out of curiosity, why is the infinity dust section still in the store? I mean it is empty so why not remove it?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    GSTAR21 wrote: »
    So we can only get the highest milestone we reach and not the others earned? Sounds like we are being punished for trying to reach higher milestones. And also when is Drax going to be fixed. He can’t bypass mordos astrial evade anymore.

He is already fixed. He never was supposed to bypass evade the way he did it before

you really believe that a champ that has functioned that way for 3 years was not meant to do it and they never thought to tell anyone in that time and just remove it, lot of people were ranking him specifiaclly for that ability, there has been loads of threads on him over the years and not once did any one from Kabam think to say it was a bug so dont rank him for that.

We actually did mention it multiple times. Drax was never meant to be able to bypass Astral evade, and never did it consistently, as it was device and frame rate dependent.

I am getting so sick of this Drax change, it's a nerf just admit it. It's not about frame rate, he was 100% consistent for me for countering astral evade and I have fought a lot of Mordo's. It was highlighted as a unique feature and was the main reason I and many other people leveled him up so either issue rank down tickets to those who have a Drax or update him so the "unique feature" of his 2 hit medium counters evade.

Otherwise you're heading down a very slippery slope, people pay hundreds of pounds on your offers only to have the champion they upgraded nerfed, you have to take responsibility when you make a significant change to something that people have effectively payed for!

They did in fact state repeatedly going back a long ways that this behavior was unintended and due to timing issues. There was no reason to lie about it way back then. And in fact, it wasn't just Drax that was able to do this, many other champions could do this but with different success rates. Drax was just the one with the best success rate. But the fact that others could do this less than 100% of the time demonstrated conclusively to me that this was, in fact, not a deliberate effect just as Kabam indicated all along.

The players can't demand transparency from Kabam and then ignore the one time they were actually transparent about intent.

Every champ that could bypass astral evade could do it 100% of the time. It was absolutely not a frame rate issue. How they "fixed" this bug is that now every time a champ evades the first hit of Drax's medium, Drax's champ model slides back at the same time as the evading opponent and doubles the distance between him and the opponent. As a result, the second hit of the medium can't connect anymore and stop the evade. It also doesn't only affect astral evade. Drax can no longer bypass Quake's concussion evade (from her heavy) and OG Ultron's evade (several people used drax to beat him in 5.4). You'll also get cornered more quickly now when fighting evaders with Drax. This was a Drax specific nerf against evasion and he lost one of his unique features (being able to stop evades with his medium attack)

Define “Every champ that could bypass astral evade could do it 100% of the time”. Do you mean champs like Iceman and Karnak where their abilities actually state that opponents cannot evade under circumstances? Then yes I would agree with you. But are you talking about obscure champs that never had the ability to counter evade champs like Drax, X-23, and Elektra? Then no, that’s incorrect. Drax never bypass astral evade 100% of the time for me, and people mentioned X-23 and Elektra being able to evade with their heavies, too. That’s sort of correct. But if I had to estimate, their heavy attacks would only work maybe 50% of the time. All 3 became so inconsistent that I didn’t even bother using them anymore for Mordo. And why would I because Mordo is not really that hard of a champ to fight anyway. Especially in AW when his attack is amped up and there’s MD to deal with, why take the chance to try and bypass astral evade and degen into oblivion. Honestly the outcry for Drax, regardless of whether it’s solely against Mordo or any other evaders, is unreasonable. The issue was addressed many times and it’s not part of his ability kit.

You are missing the real point. The claim Kabam has made is that there has been no change to Drax.

The reality is he now slides back when an auto-evader evades. This is a change. It only happens with Auto Evaders and Drax. That's why this does qualify as a either a bug (the sliding back) or a nerf if that is now his new mechanic.

I'm not sure that's an actual change to Drax. By which I mean, the way the champions move in combat varies situationally depending on precisely what's happening at that moment. It is entirely possible that no actual change to Drax occurred, and he's now back sliding because he was always programmed to do that and that behavior was being overridden by the same circumstances that allowed the astral evade bypass as well.

It is also possible this is a grey area change to the AI in the game. The individual champs like Drax don't necessarily have their own "brain" when it comes to AI control, in many games there are groups or classes of entities that share similar AI profiles, and if those profiles were adjusted in the game that change would propagate outward to all champions that reference those AI profiles. *I* would personally consider that a change to those entities, but many game developers officially don't.
  • ericolorericolor Posts: 238
    iphoneX / ios 11.4

https://youtu.be/Ii_S7bWDqTM

I really disappointed about not being fixed this time lag at this update.
    Unfortunately, it seems that the issues are getting worse.
    Could you please kindly check the url ?
  • Escape2794Escape2794 Posts: 87
    When I use my 4 star dormammu's heavy attack, it no longer shows a charge that increases at 1, 31, 61, 91, and 100 on the foe. Then when I try to detonate it with a medium it doest stack the damage. Was this dormammu nerfed?
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Soooooo, we just gonna forget about this whole Domino thing?
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Dormmamu broken and Domino still breaking blocks a month later. Has there been an update that didnt cause problems or more bugs?
  • mafeloimafeloi Posts: 5
    dormammu's heavy attack does not place a soul bond. bugged?!
  • Gwm83Gwm83 Posts: 72
    Another item use event.....things are looking up fellas.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I want to know if they are going to fix the unbelievable lag and hot device caused by the update. It's absolutely horrible now. The game is junk now...can barely play it.
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 89
    That pause screen is killing me, after few seconds I resume the fight and the app crashes itself , don’t know if others facing it happened to me multiple times
  • Fizzle0172Fizzle0172 Posts: 14
    Trash update
  • H_B0MBH_B0MB Posts: 52
    Yeah, ive been having problems with the new update as well. iPhone 6s plus is overheating, fights have a frame rate lag,forze and crashed my entire phone twice today. Trust and confidence is at an all time low for me. Every month just seems to be followed up with more disappointment.
  • luga123luga123 Posts: 8
    kabam please fix overheating & lag issue on iphone 6s
  • Eggy247Eggy247 Posts: 4
    @Kabam Miike is there a fix coming for the overheating problem that is occurring after updating to 19.0? It is not a device issue. I have game installed in multiple devices and with update to 19.0 as the only change, issues are with overheating, lagging and touchscreen not accepting touch, freezing to downright crashing into a reboot. Happened on all devices. Did update app that led to problems. Deleted app did soft and hard reset on devices, no issues without MCOC on devices. Did full fresh installs on multiple devices and problems came back.
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 6
    Was md/ dexterity updated. The descriptions for both on mine have changed and my dexterity only goes away after I hit now?
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★
    I have noticed the game is really laggy on my iPhone X. I noticed this by browsing in the stores, and most of all during questing. The pop up dialogue in event quest makes game laggy, and right after fighting in a match the game gets real laggy. I also notice my phone becoming very warm as I was autofighting in heroic, and I'm in an office setting with very cold AC. I haven't noticed battery issues but will look at that now and see if its bad.
  • Hey everyone, for those who have been reporting issues with your device after the 19.0 update (overheating, lagging, etc.), we are currently gathering information so that we can look into these issues here. For those reporting these issues , you can head over to the thread and provide the following information related to your issues so that we can investigate further:

-OS
    -Device Model
    -Carrier
    -Wifi or Cellular Network
    -What issue are you experiencing?
  • @Kabam Zibiit what ever happened to EARLY this week compensation for the game going down LAST week? Is that getting pushed to NEXT week?! MAKE UP YOUR MINDS AND STOP LYING!!!
  • MFreiheitMFreiheit Posts: 15
    Overheating while playing MCOC on IOS 11.3.1, iPhone 6s, since Update 19.0. Overheating in Cellular Network, extremely overheating with Wifi
    The Issue (overheating) never occured before the Update