**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Wasps passive stun ability

Was reading Wasp’s abilities and it talks about an ability to passively stun with using heavy attack charge. Does that mean she will be able to stun an opponent on a debuff immune node like the top right miniboss node in AW? It’s a passive ability not a debuff right? Looking for clarification...

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I think passive is meant to imply that champs like AV, CB, and KP can’t shrug off/convert it.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    I think so ... At least it would make sense based on her abilities
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Hey Summoners,

You've discovered something that makes Wasp very special! Wasp has a short duration Passive Stun as part of her Combo that does not interact with Debuff Immunity, or other Champion's abilities, like Shrugging it off or Converting it. But what's really cool is the reason that it exists. Historically, going into a heavy attack from a Combo is not a smart move, but with this short Stun, you can use it to string into a Heavy from your Combo!

Keep in mind, Stun Immunity will still affect this, and prevent you from being able to Stun your enemy!

So Wasp can heavy-stun debuff immunity nodes but she cannot heavy-stun stun immunity nodes? Just want to make sure that is right.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Hey Summoners,

You've discovered something that makes Wasp very special! Wasp has a short duration Passive Stun as part of her Combo that does not interact with Debuff Immunity, or other Champion's abilities, like Shrugging it off or Converting it. But what's really cool is the reason that it exists. Historically, going into a heavy attack from a Combo is not a smart move, but with this short Stun, you can use it to string into a Heavy from your Combo!

Keep in mind, Stun Immunity will still affect this, and prevent you from being able to Stun your enemy!

So Wasp can heavy-stun debuff immunity nodes but she cannot heavy-stun stun immunity nodes? Just want to make sure that is right.

I would say so yeah
  • AbsimiliardAbsimiliard Posts: 31
    I think it's the reason people were mad about Archangel. Kabam really needs to work on the conflicting rules they've established. I assume Wasp will good on some LOL, monthly quests, and AW nodes, but will be severely limited when facing down an AW boss or occasional uncollected monthly quest boss.
    That's going to be annoying since the AI always chains heavy attacks if you're blocking.

That depends if her ability works when she hits the enemy while he is blocking.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    I don’t suppose you could post the full list of wasps abilities, if you’ve got them of course. And yeh it sounds interesting but could screw a lot of people over
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Lighten up buddy. We haven’t even got to play with her yet.

LEt's say i had a preview in the first rift i did today. You ain't gonna like it.
    Stat wrote: »
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    Hey Summoners,

Makes no sense

It makes sense. Debuff immunity = immune to debuffs. Wasp stun is not a debuff.
    Whoever, stun immunity is another thing. It gives immunity to both passive stun and stun debuff

In what world is stun not a debuff? Even though it's passive, it's still a debuff. Iceman's coldsnap is passive, it still doesn't work on debuff immune nodes.

Until now, stun was a debuff. Wasp stun is a passive. And "passive debuffs" don't exist...
    And coldsnap is a debuff and doesn'twork on debuff immune nodes.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    Is the stun affected by limber?
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Vale84 wrote: »

LEt's say i had a preview in the first rift i did today. You ain't gonna like it.

Yippee...lol

I'm not surprised. I understand that they want to make the game more difficult, but if they think adding ridiculous abilities to champs is the way, they're mistaken.

But I'll wait until i meet her in the battle realm for the first time to make any final judgements for myself. I'm just speculating right now that is gonna be BS...lol

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Yeah but were you using an appropriate champ? I feel like AA or most other ability accuracy reducing champs shouldn’t have much trouble.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    So… this is basically Evade before the patch and Archangel?

Hmm… Drax was “fixed” right after IMIW was introduced as well with the same medium effect of “ignoring evade”

Coincidence? Probably not
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    We will see later when the new monthly quest comes out. If wasp’s stun is like mesmerize, expect a barrage of outcries from players.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    So what, now you need mordo, the hood, and civil panther?
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

Yeah but were you using an appropriate champ? I feel like AA or most other ability accuracy reducing champs shouldn’t have much trouble.

Not everyone has the right counter, and you alwais have to consider the inviroinment around the champ. Wasp was made with the same purpose of IMIW being further spending in War. And with the new nodes in master brackets and the way the character play it's gonna be way worse then even IMIW.
    The whole mechanic of "evade + unavoidable stun + unavoidable dmg (a lot) by shock + 3 hits heavy of which 2 will be granted critical hits by ability means that you're pretty much dead in 2 evades without any chanche of actually countering with skills.

Add that you won't alwais be able to locate her on the map, that the new mini nodes are hilarious, and the ill will of purposedly make content undoable and you got your perfect mix of ****.

Another thing is the stun on debuff immune: does it ring a bell? It was removed from AA in the worst professional way and now we know why, cause it had to be a unique feature of a new released champ which still havent monetized.

Finally, Wasp looks absolutely underwelming in every istance but War defense. Meaning, factually, that the moment the meta gets shifted again she'll be as useful as a used pamper. Another way to devaluate progression and literally let you waste resources without them keeping any "value", no matter how much you spend. Which in a game is absolutely trash.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Stat wrote: »
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    Hey Summoners,

Makes no sense

It makes sense. Debuff immunity = immune to debuffs. Wasp stun is not a debuff.
    Whoever, stun immunity is another thing. It gives immunity to both passive stun and stun debuff

In what world is stun not a debuff? Even though it's passive, it's still a debuff. Iceman's coldsnap is passive, it still doesn't work on debuff immune nodes.

Iceman’s coldsnap is an active debuff, it’s his frostbite charges that are passive and they work on debuff immune champs. Same thing for YJ’s power sting, it’s passive and it works.
    It all depends if her ability works or not when she hits in to the enemy's block. If not, then she ain't going to be anything too BS on defense