**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Downtime Compensation [Merged Threads]

Comments

• geaimsgeaims Posts: 41
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    geaims wrote: »
    I do not understand people who scold those asking for compensation. Unless you work for Kabam....mind your own business.

I don't understand people asking for compensation everytime anything happens. You aren't owed anything.

Game was down it's back up now. Ok cool moving on..

wow what logic. the downtime disadvantaged players who were having daylight hours vs those who were having night.

how is that fair?

Actually, it hurt those going into night time hours too. Game went down around 7:30 pm my time. Lost 3/4 hours of play I would have been awake for normally. Missed out on an Assassin assignment, some completion, and aq. Then you add into the fact that we have folks in pacific time that lost even more time. It screwed a fair amount of people. @Dropfaith that is why we ask for compensation. Because we lost resources, we would have otherwise gained.

I was awake the ENTIRE DOWNTIME and still dont feel entitled to reimbursement of things I could have earned

were you grinding for goldpool? you might feel differently if you were.

He went for 15m lol not a hard grind

not a hard grind especially if the other players have a 10h advantage.

That's my prime grind time I was awake the entire time ready to play. I did 20

doesn’t answer the 10h advantage.
  • TigerWhiskersTigerWhiskers Posts: 81
    It doesn't look like I'll be able to get the 3rd difficulty of monthly quest completed due to that outage. I wanted those rewards too.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    It doesn't look like I'll be able to get the 3rd difficulty of monthly quest completed due to that outage. I wanted those rewards too.

I had every difficulty done week ago without a single refill.
  • geaimsgeaims Posts: 41
    I do not understand people who scold those asking for compensation. Unless you work for Kabam....mind your own business.

I don't understand people asking for compensation everytime anything happens. You aren't owed anything.

wow what logic. the downtime disadvantaged players who were having daylight hours vs those who were having night.

how is that fair?

Actually, it hurt those going into night time hours too. Game went down around 7:30 pm my time. Lost 3/4 hours of play I would have been awake for normally. Missed out on an Assassin assignment, some completion, and aq. Then you add into the fact that we have folks in pacific time that lost even more time. It screwed a fair amount of people. @Dropfaith that is why we ask for compensation. Because we lost resources, we would have otherwise gained.

I was awake the ENTIRE DOWNTIME and still dont feel entitled to reimbursement of things I could have earned

It kinda does I had a 10 hr disadvantage the max anyone had. And overcame it and beat people going for the same prize...

Actually when the game came up I went to bed. So add those to it as well. I was offline 17 hrs that day

no it doesn’t. it is a ranked arena after all. time zones make a difference and prolonged downtime is a big issue.

if it was just an hour or 2 that’s fine. when it’s closer to 10 hours it’s a big deal.
  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★

how is that fair?

It kinda does I had a 10 hr disadvantage the max anyone had. And overcame it and beat people going for the same prize...

Actually when the game came up I went to bed. So add those to it as well. I was offline 17 hrs that day

no it doesn’t. it is a ranked arena after all. time zones make a difference and prolonged downtime is a big issue.

if it was just an hour or 2 that’s fine. when it’s closer to 10 hours it’s a big deal.

Just stop. The dude is like GW and without the passive aggressiveness. Can never be wrong and anyone else's opinion is ridiculously moronic. Let it go.
  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    edited July 2018
    Well remember a few days ago when you said what if Google goes down ,or something similar to that, and said you'd get nothing as compensation? Well funny turn of events, my Google pixel had a manufacturer defect. Got a new phone free from Google. So asking for compensation isn't whining. I don't care if they do or do not. I'm not spending anymore money. But don't viciously attack anyone that is seeking it. Especially with a terrible track history from kabam. Go back to complaining about alliances that should be banned as well as every member in the alliance for piloting. Speaking of shouldn't you be banned then? All I've ever see you do is show distain.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Ahh just whining cause you failed at things and feel entitled

Lol the game was down Dropkick - how is that the players failing at anything?
  • Team_SlyTeam_Sly Posts: 85
    Totally agree with Dexman, I lost a whole day/evening due to the outage being in Australia. It will take some time to work things out.
  • Dexman is officially my new favorite person
  • Ben345qBen345q Posts: 168
    Let's just say that I win and be done with it.
  • BttraditionBttradition Posts: 42
    I was awake and waiting for the game to go back up for the entire downtime. And as soon as the game went back up I had a half hour of play time before I had to start my shift. I lost out on an entire 8+hours of arena grinding. My enthusiasm for this game has been shot in the leg and is bleeding out
  • HigherPoweredHigherPowered Posts: 118
    There have been outages since the big one... I know even the one today has had impacts to teammates who bought the deal for Pym Canisters, then were booted due to the outage during their run in the micro realm.. the stability of the application has been worse than ever based on up time the last 5 days, not to mention the amount of drama caused by poor communication with the community, like the DD change and reversal.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Hey Everybody

To give you all a little insight into what's going on here: We're going to be meeting today to measure how our Summoners were affected by the outage on Friday/Saturday. There were lots of different things going on at that time, so we want to ensure that we are able to discuss them all. After we've done this, we can start to figure out how we're going to Compensate for the issues.

Thank you for your patience as we work on this.

So we probably won’t see anything before tomorrow.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    What exactly did you lose? Did the outage cost you food to feed your family? Did you sustain damage to your home? Did your car explode? Sleepless nights? I mean, what really could you have lost?

Food, home and car are ok but sleepless nights, yes, we had guys up till 3:30am in the morning trying to finsh AQ.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Hey Everybody

To give you all a little insight into what's going on here: We're going to be meeting today to measure how our Summoners were affected by the outage on Friday/Saturday. There were lots of different things going on at that time, so we want to ensure that we are able to discuss them all. After we've done this, we can start to figure out how we're going to Compensate for the issues.

This. All we needed to know was when the meeting was going to happen and an estimate of when the rewards were going to be compensated, this basically says in the Next 1-2 days, so, we can all stop Freaking out about Kabam not listening to our pleas for compensation...right?
  • Sn1pes130Sn1pes130 Posts: 82
    Hey Everybody

Should we be expecting word on this yet today then?
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    I'm willing to bet the compensation drops slightly before tomorrow's offers go live.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Anybody who says that the downtime did not disadvantage grinders in the affected time zone is trolling, lying or just severely misinformed. The good news is that Kabam knows that people were disadvantaged and seem to be making an effort to do right by their players. Thanks for that.
  • Ben345qBen345q Posts: 168
    Hey Everybody

I'll help. Give everyone the following:

100x full energy refills
    100,000 4 star shards
    50,000 5 star shards
    20,000 6 star shards
    10,000 units
    100 of each T4CC
    1,000 T4BC
    100 T5BC
    50 5 star generic Awakening gems
    100 4 star generic Awakening gems
    100,000 5 star generic signature stones
    10,000 4 star generic signature stones
    1,000,000,000,000,000 Gold

I think that's fair without giving us too much.

That's all? How about ONE TEN STAR CHAMPION!!!!!