**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Pause Feature.

Say what you will about Kabam, you gotta admit, this new pause feature is cool as ****. Great job here Kabam.

Comments

• StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    edited July 2018

kspi4vqyt6a2.jpg
  • RuchmanRuchman Posts: 14
    Where do you find it lol
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Just pause the fight when you have buffs/opponent has debuffs
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    edited July 2018
    Ruchman wrote: »
    Where do you find it lol

You need to update the game. Then, if you pause mid-fight... You see all these cool features
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    Awww ignorance is bliss.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I like how the pause thing isn’t blocking the entire screen anymore.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Say what you will about Kabam, you gotta admit, this new pause feature is cool as ****. Great job here Kabam.

It is cool, but I was hoping for a lot more. As far as I've seen so far the descriptions are extremely generic to the point of often being wrong. For example, the grey timer for Karnak reads as a precision buff, but it isn't a precision buff: it is a timer for the precision buff to happen. And Ghost Rider's heal icon claims to be a regeneration buff that heals the champion over time, but it is actually a health steal buff that heals GR when he lands damage. That sort of thing.

Basically the new feature tells the players in general what *kind* of buff is there, but not what the buff actually does. That's better than nothing, but I was expecting a lot more and the fact that sometimes the information is actually wrong on the specifics means it could cause just as many problems as it solves.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Actually, the more I look at the pause-buff feature, the more weird it looks. It actually functions like someone who only started playing the game yesterday is telling you what the buffs mean by looking at the appearance of the icon and guessing wildly. For example, if you backslide with Crossbones to get his fury buffs, when the fury buffs trigger you get a different icon that looks like a skull that acts as a timer for that ability mechanic. But the pause screen says you are under degeneration, because the icon kind of looks like the degen icon.

This makes me think that the pause-buff feature doesn't actually know what buffs are actually running at all. The feature is only aware of which icons are being used in the buff bar, and a programmer has defined what each icon normally represents. But if a content designer creates an ability and reuses an icon for it, the game client is unaware that has happened and continues to describe the buff or debuff as if that icon uniquely represented it. That's actually more than just weirdly wrong: if that is actually what is happening then this ventures into dangerously misleading territory.
  • ShadeZeroShadeZero Posts: 145
    Honestly I want to be able to read the character sheets of mine and my enemy during the match. It would've made the Thanos fight easier when he switched phases
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Actually, the more I look at the pause-buff feature, the more weird it looks. It actually functions like someone who only started playing the game yesterday is telling you what the buffs mean by looking at the appearance of the icon and guessing wildly. For example, if you backslide with Crossbones to get his fury buffs, when the fury buffs trigger you get a different icon that looks like a skull that acts as a timer for that ability mechanic. But the pause screen says you are under degeneration, because the icon kind of looks like the degen icon.

This makes me think that the pause-buff feature doesn't actually know what buffs are actually running at all. The feature is only aware of which icons are being used in the buff bar, and a programmer has defined what each icon normally represents. But if a content designer creates an ability and reuses an icon for it, the game client is unaware that has happened and continues to describe the buff or debuff as if that icon uniquely represented it. That's actually more than just weirdly wrong: if that is actually what is happening then this ventures into dangerously misleading territory.

I think they saw part of this happening so thats why the concussion debuff icon was just changed to be unique in this update, but they probably missed this one.
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    ShadPrince wrote: »

I think they saw part of this happening so thats why the concussion debuff icon was just changed to be unique in this update, but they probably missed this one.

Or perhaps they have given Crossbones a cool new suicide feature! Just dash back to die! Kidding, of course. I like the feature and hope they can work this glitch out in a minrev bump, just keep making it better over time.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    D_Ace_71 wrote: »
    ShadPrince wrote: »

Or perhaps they have given Crossbones a cool new suicide feature! Just dash back to die! Kidding, of course. I like the feature and hope they can work this glitch out in a minrev bump, just keep making it better over time.

Pssssh that’s too simple for kabam now
    You gotta use the sp1 while overrun is already active, dash back and hold block for 5 seconds, dash back 3 times, land a 5 hit combo and double tap the block to explode, taking you down to 1hp and killing the enemy.