**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can’t login now after update - July 3rd [Merged Threads]

18910111214»

Comments

• ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    NO COMPENSATION, normal for Kabam.
  • Lost my pym discs due too server crash...annoyed much..
  • wilibearwilibear Posts: 46
    incase yall don't know the game is back up
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    @Kabam Vydious

Reached out to support a second time and again, case closed 😂😂😂😂

What’s the deal here? I’m going to lose my entry right? Especially since support has now closed my ticket twice?

How’s this fair? How’s it even right? And how do you guys close out tickets like that?
  • EccohawkEccohawk Posts: 9
    Metal8989 wrote: »
    Well, im an I.T Professional i understand maintenance is required for every servers, but this is too much frequent. There should be redundent servers so the contest will always stay up.

Do we honestly think that they don't have redundancy built into their server farms? It already looks like they use Google's cloud service to serve up parts if not all of the game content. There's probably some older hardware but not much more than a few years. They didn't start out building the game on ancient hardware. These are software issues within the game itself or network layer issues or something wrong in the middleware. Much of this is likely farmed out to a 3rd party with a service contract and specific SLAs attached to restoration of service. When we as users report a problem, they have to first perform an Root Cause Analysis to determine the core problem and the reach out to the appropriate vendor or development team. Its rarely a light switch problem that can be fixed in mere minutes.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all!

We know this is frustrating so thanks for your patience. When we have updates, we'll be sure to share them here and in the announcement thread.

Please let the higher ups know as well as finance that they need to invest in servers and reworking code if that's the problem. This game has more outages than much more complicated mmos such as WOW. THANKS
  • AURELIUSAURELIUS Posts: 121
    Simple are we getting any compensation for the down time for the emergency maintenance?
  • Game up, laggy as hell. Running modok arena and trouble connecting, do I keep going risking my game streak? Or will it crash again😮😮
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    Nabz034 wrote: »
    @Kabam Vydious

Reached out to support a second time and again, case closed 😂😂😂😂

What’s the deal here? I’m going to lose my entry right? Especially since support has now closed my ticket twice?

How’s this fair? How’s it even right? And how do you guys close out tickets like that?

Take it to apple/google, if that fails take it to the payment for you used
  • Game_Is_DownGame_Is_Down Posts: 17
    Submitted 2 tickets to support in regards to pym quest expiring due to maintenance and they keep shutting it down smh. Why are they not just giving us the rewards we are due!
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    So I reached out to support since the 60 min is now done and my Master Pym Disk entry should be gone whenever the game comes back up.

This was there response:

“Hello Summoner,

We would first like to thank you for taking the time to submit your concern to us. We are currently experiencing a large number of contacts regarding this specific issue, and so we may be unable to answer you individually. With that being said we did want to let you know that we are currently investigating your concern. As soon as we have an update you will be among the first to know. In the meantime, if you have any concerns or questions regarding a separate matter then please feel free to submit another case to us, and we would be more than happy to look into that for you.

Thanks again, and we will talk to you soon.
    Kabam Support”

Now when I just logged in I see the pic below...so I’m out my entry and where i landed then on account of the game crashing?? How’s that right?

I know Kabam will try to make it right and gift everyone something, but how’s that fair?

nsg4zqb4dukr.png

same here, but I am still waiting on a response
  • ok what am i ment to do with red caos shards ffs the reward is wrong SACK SOMEBODY
  • chuiku2chuiku2 Posts: 52
    I finished a pym quest in a micro realm and got 5000 chaos crystal shards. But can’t seem to find them anywhere in the crystals menu... where are they available?
  • ChosenOne94ChosenOne94 Posts: 108
    This is insane, you guys run maintenance in the middle of aq/aw, my alliance had 3-4min to take down boss in war after maintenance? What are you doing????? @Kabam Miike
    We need to get insane stuff as gifts for all of this in past few days. @Kabam Valkyrie @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious
  • MARVDCMARVDC Posts: 0
    The game keeps saying that i don't have wifi wile i have excellent wifi. Can anyone relate or help me with this problem
  • MARVDCMARVDC Posts: 0
    The game keeps saying that i don't have wifi wile i have excellent wifi. Can anyone relate or help me with this problem
  • KOST2PLAYKOST2PLAY Posts: 5
    I found this to be rather odd
    Just sad...what waste time reaching out to support, typing on these forums with no response. It’s always the player getting the short end...garbage...smh

• muddy17muddy17 Posts: 225
    Soo I assume you guys are aware of the recent game outage this afternoon.. And I tell you what it's sucks.... I'm right in the middle of a aw fight.. Just to lose connection.. Then play the relogin game for just about a hour... Not only did I lose connection once again it promtped me to update my game... Once I finally log in I instantly go to the alliance war and found that all my champs were KO`D.. now I was down to one champ ( blade) and because of this connection I lost my last champ to a mini boss iceman because I was at less than 50% when I entered the fight.... Thanks Kabam!!
  • Jank39Jank39 Posts: 139
    With 55 minutes to go in our AW and with one of our opponents boss' down to 12% the servers go down for an hour. We lose the war by 20k points as they took down one more boss than we did. I've not asked for compensation before but with team mates having raised tickets and received automated responses, I would suggest the right thing to do is to pay out win rewards to those effected.
    So I reached out to support since the 60 min is now done and my Master Pym Disk entry should be gone whenever the game comes back up.

This was there response:

“Hello Summoner,

We would first like to thank you for taking the time to submit your concern to us. We are currently experiencing a large number of contacts regarding this specific issue, and so we may be unable to answer you individually. With that being said we did want to let you know that we are currently investigating your concern. As soon as we have an update you will be among the first to know. In the meantime, if you have any concerns or questions regarding a separate matter then please feel free to submit another case to us, and we would be more than happy to look into that for you.

Kabam Support”

Now when I just logged in I see the pic below...so I’m out my entry and where i landed then on account of the game crashing?? How’s that right?

I know Kabam will try to make it right and gift everyone something, but how’s that fair?

nsg4zqb4dukr.png

@Kabam Vydious

So is no one going to address or correct this? I reached out to the game team for a third time trying to get some clarity, and for a third time I received the auto response saying they’re “Invastigating my concern” but then they close the ticket.

How can my concern be addressed individually if the tickets closed?

I’m literally batting .000 with trying to get help from customer support, and the sad thing is, after I’m denied any type of help, they ask me to voice my concerns in the forums.

How is this going to be handled?

This was there response:

“Hello Summoner,

Kabam Support”

nsg4zqb4dukr.png

@Kabam Vydious

So is no one going to address or correct this? I reached out to the game team for a third time trying to get some clarity, and for a third time I received the auto response saying they’re “Invastigating my concern” but then they close the ticket.

I’m literally batting .000 with trying to get help from customer support, and the sad thing is, after I’m denied any type of help, they ask me to voice my concerns in the forums.

Btw, when I say “Batting .000”, I don’t mean today’s issue, I mean every single concern I’ve ever had since playing this game since 02/2015.

How crazy is that? 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

• BendyBendy Posts: 3,134 ★★★★★
    Why do these take so long we have arena to get back too
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Karakanli wrote: »
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all!

We know this is frustrating so thanks for your patience. When we have updates, we'll be sure to share them here and in the announcement thread.

No need to thank us, the Patience has passed away some outages ago. :(

I couldn't agree more. NO MORE PATIENT left for all these nonsense and incompetencies! All the patience and trust we once put on this company have all been worn out.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★

Looks like they are only interested to investigate THEIR CONCERN, which is to get the pathetic server & connection up. Once up, their concern is done and they just closed it. Apparently (not upto me to claim, but THEIR ACTION SAID IT ALL) your concern is not their concern, and as soon as they believe their concern is done, they just go ahead and close it. However, as we have seen hundreds of people complained here, they are only going to get the same generic response saying they are in progress discussing the extend of the impact and discuss on the compensation, and will update as soon as they have the info. With all these great experience, I'm sure you'll think twice as to whether or not invest anymore serious hours and money into this game/company! Good luck and cheers!

This was there response:

“Hello Summoner,

Kabam Support”

nsg4zqb4dukr.png

@Kabam Vydious

Btw, when I say “Batting .000”, I don’t mean today’s issue, I mean every single concern I’ve ever had since playing this game since 02/2015.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious

So Support is still blowing me off...I have video and photos of the game going down and coming back up a few minutes after the Quest ended before i can finish.

Is there a reason why customer service won’t give me a straight answer? Am I out my Pym Cannistors and the Disk I used to enter? If it’s yes or no, its fine, but can someone have the courtesy
    Of at least letting me know?

I feel like a while will pass and all will be forgotten and that’s, that...or a mass email will go out to the entire community like times in the past where similar things have happened, and I don’t see how that’s fair.

Any info would be appreciated

Thank you
  • Lf_lf1Lf_lf1 Posts: 3

This was there response:

“Hello Summoner,

Kabam Support”

nsg4zqb4dukr.png

@Kabam Vydious

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious

So Support is still blowing me off...I have video and photos of the game going down and coming back up a few minutes after the Quest ended before i can finish.

Is there a reason why customer service won’t give me a straight answer? Am I out my Pym Cannistors and the Disk I used to enter? If it’s yes or no, its fine, but can someone have the courtesy
    Of at least letting me know?

I feel like a while will pass and all will be forgotten and that’s, that...or a mass email will go out to the entire community like times in the past where similar things have happened, and I don’t see how that’s fair.

Any info would be appreciated

Thank you

Same here!

This was there response:

“Hello Summoner,

Kabam Support”

nsg4zqb4dukr.png

@Kabam Vydious

What is this garbage? So i lose my Master entry and this is the response I’ve been waiting for?

Greetings Summoner,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Kabam Support, and we hope you’re doing well today.

As you are likely aware, from time to time every online game does need to come down for maintenance, in order to update portions of the game or to correct any issues within the game. There were some issues recently with The Contest of Champions which forced us to take the servers down for some time. The game needed to come down immediately in order to prevent any potentially larger issues that may have occurred. This is never a decision made lightly- we are aware of the impact that bringing the game servers down can have, and the frustration that it causes everyone. We realize that some players’ time in The Contest is limited, and all players’ time is important.

We apologize for this affecting you adversely, as it was never our intent to upset anyone with this. We simply wanted to make sure that the game continues to run as best as it can. Keep in mind that all players were affected with the same amount of downtime for this unfortunate emergency maintenance.

Thank you for your patience during this downtime, and for your help in bringing this to our attention. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience caused by what happened and we are endeavouring to prevent any issues like this from occurring again. That said, we hope that you have a great rest of your day in The Contest!

Best regards, ​
    Kabam Support“

Are you guys kidding me?
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    edited July 2018

This was there response:

“Hello Summoner,

Kabam Support”

nsg4zqb4dukr.png

@Kabam Vydious

What is this garbage? So i lose my Master entry and this is the response I’ve been waiting for?

Greetings Summoner,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Kabam Support, and we hope you’re doing well today.

As you are likely aware, from time to time every online game does need to come down for maintenance, in order to update portions of the game or to correct any issues within the game. There were some issues recently with The Contest of Champions which forced us to take the servers down for some time. The game needed to come down immediately in order to prevent any potentially larger issues that may have occurred. This is never a decision made lightly- we are aware of the impact that bringing the game servers down can have, and the frustration that it causes everyone. We realize that some players’ time in The Contest is limited, and all players’ time is important.

We apologize for this affecting you adversely, as it was never our intent to upset anyone with this. We simply wanted to make sure that the game continues to run as best as it can. Keep in mind that all players were affected with the same amount of downtime for this unfortunate emergency maintenance.

Thank you for your patience during this downtime, and for your help in bringing this to our attention. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience caused by what happened and we are endeavouring to prevent any issues like this from occurring again. That said, we hope that you have a great rest of your day in The Contest!

Best regards, ​
    Kabam Support“

Are you guys kidding me?

Got the same response from “losing a match” in t1a (when it was won, just didn’t load the victory menu.)

Kabam Support needs support...with a rolled-up newspaper...to the back of the head.