**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Map 5 Minibosses with 9000+ Attack values

AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
erxrofqldsws.jpg

What happened here? Since when does Green Goblin has 9000+ attack?

I'm going to guess that when Kabam discovered that the 250% champion boost wasn't being applied correctly they fixed it without realizing that it would be activated before the upcoming change to AQ that converts the 2 boosts into one 450% health boost.

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    We still have a couple links up on Map 5 at the moment, but I just popped into GG to check him out and yep, he has almost 9k of attack in our map also. It looks consistent with having the +250% attack buff active.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Took them well over a year to fix this bug, one that benefitted players, take note.

Yeah but that's because it was "recently discovered" (despite the fact that players had pointed it out months and months ago, and were likely ignored)
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Oh calm down... it’s just a game... remember that. Y’all acting like your pay check was light and the company won’t fix it. Yes so there’s been a big change to aq... not unusual for there to be some kinks to massage out. I’m sure it’ll get squared away. Big picture? Aq rewards are going up and glory costs are going down. Be happy about that and be patient.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    @Kabam Miike I've always wondered, were the map 5 minbosses always intended to have such a high level of attack, but just never did (until now), or was the "+250% attack and health" boost supposed to be just a health boost (the way that it actually ended up being applied before now)?
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    Geez my ally doesn't do map 5, although it's something I've been interested in trying. Around what level is their attack usually at before this change? The block damage alone would be more than almost all of my champs could handle. Is map 5 intended just for champs 4/55 or higher now?

Depends on your prestige (and thus also which day, since prestige and difficulty rises as you complete maps during the week), but miniboss number one is usually around 2800ish for us on day five. I just fought GG on miniboss node one at 8662. With a +30% boosted 5/50 Voodoo and no unblocked hits I ended up timing out with him at 14% health and me at 19% health. I probably would have beaten him if I didn't have to fight super conservatively to prevent him from ripping my head off.

Without the +250% attack map 5 is doable with 5/50s, although more is always better. But you do need the right champs for the minibosses. If you go into GG with something that cannot block heal and doesn't have really high special damage, you probably won't do enough damage.

If you are interested in doing Map 5, I recommend dipping your toes into Map 5 on day one when difficulty is the lowest, and pick a day when the miniboss is something you feel comfortable fighting. I personally think Morningstar is the easiest to fight, but some think Goblin is much easier. It mostly comes down to which one you can better control the specials for.

The biggest potential problem a lower tier alliance might run into when moving up to map 5 is that all three stages have eight paths with links. So all eight generally have to come down. You need everyone running paths and not dying (or at least not dying and not reviving). You don't have as many spare attackers, and everyone must be coordinated to clear paths without one guy stalling everyone else because he doesn't clear the link.
  • MonasouMonasou Posts: 142
    I made the mistake of using bleed on him. the degen did about 95% of my R4 5* Ghost riders HP.
  • Again.. rolling out something without even testing. Invest more in QA Kabam.
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    Anything in qa would be nice
  • M4rmotaM4rmota Posts: 6
    Hey, Kabam! Any insight into a solution to this problem?? This bug considerably alter the difficulty of the mini boss, an alteration that contradicts what was exposed!
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Took them well over a year to fix this bug, one that benefitted players, take note.

Fixed 😂😂😂😂. Yeah that’s why map 3 mini boss is equivalent to map 5s mini with a little more health. But they fixed this bug you say.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Didn't take note of his stats but even Dormammu seems to be broken. Time Out against my 6* Cap WW2, never happened before.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    Did this ever get fixed? Day 2 Map 3 Cable mini boss has 9500+ attack.
    @Kabam Miike did the change get reversed? or maybe it was only fixed on certain maps but not others?
    It was fine on Map 5 as far as I could see, but I have no way to check the other maps.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Gonna find out soon. Map 3 day 3 and he still looks like a tank, but he has the buffs up at the moment too

uz1x6whijzdv.png
    aaf9c1iktn3c.png
  • Fishman13579Fishman13579 Posts: 98
    For map 5 I get it but that Cable is just complete nonsense at that level lol. Wtf man.
    Green Goblin in map 5 shows the correct +450% health buff on the local node that the health and champion boosts were supposed to be combined into recently. If Cable is showing a champion boost rather than the combined health boost then I think he is still broken. Kabam should look into that immediately.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,130 ★★★★★
    I got 6867 attack power for map 3 cable
    Just checked the second cable mini-boss in map 3, he has 9300 attack.
    edited July 2018
    Looks like the old buffs are still there. (Note: None of the linked nodes give extra attack)
    ovzdoy6ysgnw.jpg
    bavtude41aw7.jpg