**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Downtime Compensation [Merged Threads]

Comments

• KbugiiKbugii Posts: 167 ★★
    Simple:

Three AQ map 4 crystals
    Three level 3 team revives
    FIVE level 3 team health pots
    10X energy refills
    Two 30% champion boosts
    2500 five star shards

Seems right. I agree with this person.

So those of us that run map 5 and got no crystals because the game was down for half the aq should just say too bad about the funds you spent? My alliance is also missing the 125k milestone because we weren’t able to play. This would’ve been a map 6 crystal and more glory
  • teekqteekq Posts: 190
    End of the week?
  • Ccannon5Ccannon5 Posts: 25
    While I realize that the game is fragile and moments from imploding at any time based on the recent episodes, but what could possibly be so difficult in deciding compensation? “Ifs and buts and what we can and can’t do” seems to be a weak attempt to postpone compensation of the inevitable 2*s we are going to get.
  • geaimsgeaims Posts: 41
    Just realized, that post was not as clear as it could have been. My goal is have a plan that addresses all areas of the game that were affected by Thursday, including what we'll be doing to make it right. This varies because there was so much going on, including 3 different Arenas, AQ, AW, an Event Quest, Assassin Assignments, and possibly Merc Missions as well.

This is a pretty big list, so finding not only what to do, but how to do it, is going to take a little time.

it’s a big list. thank you for taking the time to look through them.

perhaps you can address the issues a few at a time rather than en block?

arenas should be straightforward as is aq.

could you clue us in on what you’re exploring.

thank you.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    How about you guys address the server issue once for all, so you guys will never need to bother spending weeks thinking about addressing compensation? Nobody cares to ask for compensation, if you guys didn't screw up anything. Curious, why is it so secretive about giving us info on all those server down? What are the root-cause? Why they continue to go down 10-20 times a month?
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    Ccannon5 wrote: »
    While I realize that the game is fragile and moments from imploding at any time based on the recent episodes, but what could possibly be so difficult in deciding compensation? “Ifs and buts and what we can and can’t do” seems to be a weak attempt to postpone compensation of the inevitable 2*s we are going to get.

When we decide on Compensation for an issue like this, our first goal is to make it right for the Players affected. All players lost out on an Assassin Assignment, so it makes sense to give everybody some Crystal shards, but that doesn't cover the Summoners that were in the special Goldmember Arena, which may never come around again. To make this situation right for them, we're going to need to take some special care and attention.

I know that nobody wants to wait around, but we're gonna act carefully here!
    So you have to make sure you dont go the extra mile for players just what is enough Aka 2 xforce crystal 500 5* shards 2 refills. So completely out of touch. If u really care about your whole community, you guys should’ve provided amazing shards and more. We have spent more time arguing about this than u guys actually doing something. Its just beyond me how things are handled by Kabam
  • RobinfifthRobinfifth Posts: 56
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Ha. I knew it. They’re waiting to see what happens with tomorrow’s deals and logout day.

Honestly called it too.
    Not going to lie but I'm sort of on the fence about this what @Kabam Miike said is accurate. How do you compensate for a one time event that people paid to enter? If you just throw goldpool to everyone the people who already did the grind and got him will not be happy. If the people who paid to enter and feel they could have gotten him without the down time don't receive him then they feel cheated. I originally thought just bump everyone up a tier but some people may have lost a lot more than a single tier in those 8 hours that could have been millions of points. Currently the best possible option in my mind is to run the arena again preferably with the milestones a pay to play arena should have had to begin with. That being said that only solves the goldpool arena there is still so many more things that were disrupted.
    edited July 2018
    Robinfifth wrote: »
    Ha. I knew it. They’re waiting to see what happens with tomorrow’s deals and logout day.

Honestly called it too.
    Not going to lie but I'm sort of on the fence about this what @Kabam Miike said is accurate. How do you compensate for a one time event that people paid to enter? If you just throw goldpool to everyone the people who already did the grind and got him will not be happy. If the people who paid to enter and feel they could have gotten him without the down time don't receive him then they feel cheated. I originally thought just bump everyone up a tier but some people may have lost a lot more than a single tier in those 8 hours that could have been millions of points. Currently the best possible option in my mind is to run the arena again preferably with the milestones a pay to play arena should have had to begin with. That being said that only solves the goldpool arena there is still so many more things that were disrupted.

I dont agree with anything you just said. Its gonna take more than run a utterly, boring arena no one asked for, with gimped rewards to make this right. Give me 5* shards a lot of them and ill be happy
  • RobinfifthRobinfifth Posts: 56
    KyrieRed wrote: »

Honestly called it too.

I dont agree with anything you just said. Its gonna take more than run a utterly, boring arena no one asked for, with gimped rewards to make this right. Give me 5* shards a lot of them and ill be happy
    That's why I said with milestones a pay to play arena should have had to begin with. You also just proved my point though that it is more complicated than most people think because we all want different compensation lol
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Hey All,

Sorry to keep you all waiting. I don't have any news to share right now. We've made a lot of progress, but still have some "ifs and buts" to work out regarding what we can and can't do. We'll have more information for you guys by the end of the week, and also hope to be able to take any actions that need to be by the end of the week or early next week.

We will keep you guys updated as we go.

Is there necessarily a limit to what can be given? I understand splitting by progression or uncollected and not, but really, giving people free stuff motivates them to get through the harder content, just a thought.
    KyrieRed wrote: »

Honestly called it too.

That's why I said with milestones a pay to play arena should have had to begin with. You also just proved my point though that it is more complicated than most people think because we all want different compensation lol

I guess i didn’t disagree with everything in your post then lol
  • Chris6485Chris6485 Posts: 35
    I feel there's no good way to make anyone happy in terms of the Goldpool arena. I was one of those who set aside my Friday evening for grinding (even convinced my wife to go out with her friends for dinner and a movie so I could focus on it without her getting mad), and after hours of not being able to log in I figured I wouldn't be able to get it as I didn't have the schedule to focus on an all day grind Saturday. I casually did some battles to make sure I at least would hit 1-10% rank Saturday and none Sunday and ended with a modest 10.2m. When I saw my rank of 313 I was a tad annoyed but figured the cutoff gap probably ended around there or so. When I saw what it actually went for, I was completely upset with myself that I didn't finish the grind as 5.2m more would have been easy to add to my score. I wanted to dupe mine just so I wouldn't have to use any type of gem on it. In the end I know it was my fault for not pushing for more.

As much as I would be all for Kabam giving us all free Goldpools, I know it won't happen. I tried to dupe mine with crystals after I opened my Goldpool day one, but in the end I ended up with a lot of gold and 5 tickets. I just couldn't grind enough units to beat the odds a second time. Running a second run of the arena would be somewhat fair, but that doesn't help those who took time off work or their social schedule ahead of time to try and run this arena. That's where the issue lies, and honestly Kabam should have done a two run schedule of the arena from the initial planning. It wouldn't have been perfect but Kabam could have just given everyone in the first arena a second ticket to do one this week.
  • LoganLogan Posts: 143 ★★
    The game going down is a consistent issue no surprise to anyone, so maybe as content is developed plans for compensation can be built in, not going to suggest anything specific but there are simple give aways that wouldn't impact the balance of the game and would make everyone calm down very quickly on these forums instead of letting days go by then the game going down again days later. Shouldn't be sitting in a room discussing next steps every-time something comes up.
  • geaimsgeaims Posts: 41
    Chris6485 wrote: »
    I feel there's no good way to make anyone happy in terms of the Goldpool arena. I was one of those who set aside my Friday evening for grinding (even convinced my wife to go out with her friends for dinner and a movie so I could focus on it without her getting mad), and after hours of not being able to log in I figured I wouldn't be able to get it as I didn't have the schedule to focus on an all day grind Saturday. I casually did some battles to make sure I at least would hit 1-10% rank Saturday and none Sunday and ended with a modest 10.2m. When I saw my rank of 313 I was a tad annoyed but figured the cutoff gap probably ended around there or so. When I saw what it actually went for, I was completely upset with myself that I didn't finish the grind as 5.2m more would have been easy to add to my score. I wanted to dupe mine just so I wouldn't have to use any type of gem on it. In the end I know it was my fault for not pushing for more.

As much as I would be all for Kabam giving us all free Goldpools, I know it won't happen. I tried to dupe mine with crystals after I opened my Goldpool day one, but in the end I ended up with a lot of gold and 5 tickets. I just couldn't grind enough units to beat the odds a second time. Running a second run of the arena would be somewhat fair, but that doesn't help those who took time off work or their social schedule ahead of time to try and run this arena. That's where the issue lies, and honestly Kabam should have done a two run schedule of the arena from the initial planning. It wouldn't have been perfect but Kabam could have just given everyone in the first arena a second ticket to do one this week.

i would say broaden the cutoff to #400

it’s been done before in cat clash tc4 arena before where they broadened the top 50 to top 200.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Kabam, thank you for continue to take many days (if not weeks) to keep thinking about the compensation. However, to be honest, you guys already screwed us many times around with so many server down over the past many months. May I humbly suggest: PLS STOP being so calculative and stingy in considering the compensation.

Since you already failed to even do your baseline job in ensuring quality game-play, without even being asked to go above-and-beyond to perform better than before (which we doubt it is even remotely possible for such a pathetic low quality), STOP being calculative to consider how little you guys should compensate to be fair? Fairness has been broken (along with trust and communication) ever since all these quality issues screwed us over and over a few dozen times a month, it is TIME for you to consider GOING WAY ABOVE and BEYOND in your compensation.

Again, I would like to humbly suggest: PLS SPEND LESS TIME considering, PLS SPEND MORE TIME GIVING IT OUT and try to REPAIR THE DAMAGE you created with the players. Pls kindly remember, if you try to be calculative with your player base, rest assure your player base will be calculative to you too. Bad for your bottomeline (and your payrol). I'm not interested in throw my emotion around bcos we have felt numb with all these issues. I'm simply giving an advise for you to get back at least a few thumbs up for being generous in the compensation. Hope you will hear this (again, I doubt considering the level of your customer-orientation). Good luck and all the best.
  • Darrellz2161Darrellz2161 Posts: 83
    Thursday really so almost a whole week for something to be done this is a joke as much money as kabam makes from this game learn to keep the people playing happy since honestly thats how you have a pay check. It shouldnt take this long for something to be done. This is why so many players arent happy since kabam hasnt really stepped up to make sure the players are happy. Honestly im pissed i have to wait for my 5* because of the down time i missed last of shards i needed along with units from arena which is highly needed. Not trying to sound mean but customer service actually is about making customers problems right so everyones happy which i havent been seeing this with kabam for a long while. I believe you should split up comp for down time so people arent so mad for days on end. Pretty sad it so many players are saying this in many different ways yet keep getting same answers from kabam. Easy fix would be to give some comp now rest later on this way everyone calms down..... me personally im close to deleting game from my phone after this
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    Shrug it off and move on folks. They don't care. Not in a long time, why start now?
  • Primetime_769Primetime_769 Posts: 118
    Kabaam just give us some rank down tickets and everyone would be happy and some 6 star shards. It’s not gonna hurt you guys to give some rank down tickets.
  • wilibearwilibear Posts: 46
    Regardless of what they give us there will be a lot of people that say it wasn't enough so my thoughts on this is be patient guys not to long ago they gave everyone like 3k 5 * shards pluse some other good stuff just because they felt the game had to much emergency maintenance the month before so I honestly think they will treat us right on this I just hope it is soon

just a thought I think they should get with there beta testers and ask them what summoners need as compensation
  • dmill3dmill3 Posts: 16
    Another Goldpool arena would be okay but the thing I am most frustrated with is, I was in the 1-10% bracket. That 8 hour+ down time came when I had a significant amount of time to play and really hurt my chances at Goldpool. Sure, run another arena but that doesn’t necessarily mean that players will make up for the time that they lost.
  • ok i am gonna say this now last week we was told compensation will be eary this week now its next week i fell we are being pissed about and screwed over and to say about the goold member arena players is a joke when you support closes the tickets in seconds i spent £50 to get goldpool in the event and i get the finger not even a refund @Kabam Miike
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    ok i am gonna say this now last week we was told compensation will be eary this week now its next week i fell we are being pissed about and screwed over and to say about the goold member arena players is a joke when you support closes the tickets in seconds i spent £50 to get goldpool in the event and i get the finger not even a refund @Kabam Miike

No they said they would begin discussing early this week. So maybe if you read correctly you wouldn't be so pissed about them following to what they said