**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] Lag and Performance Investigation

Comments

• tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    Device and Model: iPhone 7 plus
    Device Operating System: 11.4
    WiFi Only
    Game Version Installed: 19.0.0
    Game Mode: All available right now: AQ, Arena, New Quest
    Description of the Issue: Phone gets hot, lag, lost sound temporarily, game crashes, phone hangs on shutdown. Matches in Arena take at least twice as long to load. This has happened after update
  • SassyMastySassyMasty Posts: 311
    iPhone 5s
    WiFi
    Extremely slowed down game in all in game fights and menu navigation (basically everything). The game has become unplayable as the framerate has dropped very low, probably below 10 fps. There was a short period of time (about 5 minutes last night at aroud 1 AM EST) in which the game ran flawlessly and then it was back to laggy. This has been a problem since before the "Ant-Man and the Wasp" event.
  • FugawsFugaws Posts: 19
    edited July 2018
    Device and Model: iPhone 7 plus

Device Operating System: iOS 11.4

Cellular or WiFi: both

Game Version Installed: 19.00

Game Mode: ROL, Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.

Description of the Issue: Overheating on my phone after few minutes.

I am using an app called BFPro and it measures the internal temp, battery health and the DoD (Depth of Discharge)

I have noticed an increase in warnings since the latest vers 19.0.0. The phone is noticebale more hot to touch. No other apps are running excepth for MCOC and BFPro.
  • Jmac44Jmac44 Posts: 2
    Device: iPhone 6s

Game Version Installed: 19.00

Game Mode: LOL, latest story quest ant man and the wasp

Description of the Issue: Overheating Causing phone shut down.
  • ZzSkyWaveszZZzSkyWaveszZ Posts: 27
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi in home and cellular data while roaming and my carrier is Airtel
    Game Mode: It happens when i play more than 30minutes on any mode aw aq or event quest or arena
    Description of the Issue: Phone has started to become very hot after 30min of play and my battery is draining much faster than normal. Getting the lag and choppy play (frame drops?) that others have reported here. No other apps on this phone, it is dedicated to mcoc gameplay only.
  • NiombeNiombe Posts: 3

Device Operating System: iOS (latest version)

Game Version Installed: latest version

Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.

Description of the Issue: overheating on my phone after 1 minute, phone shuts down because of overheating. Phone only gets overheated when mcoc app is used. Never with another app. Never happened before. Started with the latest mcoc patch.
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 852 ★★★
    Model: iPad 5th Gen, MP2F2CL/A
    Mode: WiFi Only
    Game Version: 19.0.0
    Game Mode: All Quest, have not tried arena

Description: Loses sound. When sound is lost and I press home button, my iPad freezes requiring a forced restart.
  • edited July 2018
    iPhone SE
    v 11.4
    wi-fi and 4g
    game version 19.0

Autoclose, overheating, screen frozen, batery draining really fast and me getting really angry. Specially when this happened when I was livestreaming the new event
  • BlkOrchidBlkOrchid Posts: 10
    edited July 2018
    Device and Model: iPhone 7+
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode - Arena, Story and Event quests
    Description: Game randomly starts to have frame drops/lagging after 10-15 minutes of playing. The app loses sound, freezes and my phone goes black with the white loading circle. I have to force restart the app EVERY time the app crashes. The phone overheats and affects other apps (unable to open or use the other apps at all). Thanks for looking into this problem.
  • JoeCool23JoeCool23 Posts: 24
    Iphone 6 plus
    IOS 11.4
    WIFI and 4G
    Game Mode: All
    Overheating of phone starts a few minutes after login and gets progressively worse. Load times of every screen are extremely long. Fights are terrible - lag causing missed blocks, evades and lost combos. I have a better chance of winning on auto fight. Has not crashed but has stalled on load screen as long as 2 min (I shut it down at that point). Battery life draining faster than before. Basically unplayable game right now.
  • shingbabshingbab Posts: 120
    Device Operating System: 11.4 (15F79)
    Game Version Installed: 19.0
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: My phone gets hotter than the sun and then everything goes wrong.
  • AucozAucoz Posts: 4
    Device and Model: iPhone SE
    Game Mode: Anytime the game is on
    Description of the Issue: Battery draining/overheating. Black screen appears and the phone crashes. The game has to be booted up again. Takes about 20-30 min to heat up from cool to overheating.
  • WeDieYoungWeDieYoung Posts: 7
    iPhone 7 running iOS 11.4 on Verizon network use WiFi to play game mostly.
    After latest Mcoc update 19 phone gets extremely hot and shuts down after any game play. It takes about 10 to 15 min for this to happen. Closes app and resets phone back to lock screen. This is only app or game that causes my device to get hot and reset. Kabam fix this ASAP.
  • M8_6M8_6 Posts: 3
    Device and Model: iPhone X
    Device Operating System: 11.4
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest & Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: My phone heats up very quickly whenever I play MCOC game. And the battery drains quicker than normally would. The control of the game sometimes lags. But, not very often.
  • XanderFlyXanderFly Posts: 8
    edited July 2018
    iPhone 6s
    iOS 11.4 (updated yesterday after lagging started)
    Both WiFi at home and cellular while at work
    New update 19.0 installed

Game has become very laggy during all modes of game play following newest update... able to push thru in arenas but in attempts to play Act 5 I get wrecked half way thru path as lag starts 15 or so minutes into game play and makes fighting Bane paths impossible. Also had instance yesterday evening of sound completely going out while playing and having to shut down phone completely and restart to get game back up and running. This is only app running at the time. Please hurry and fix these issues!!
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    I’m on iPhone 5s newest iOS, the lag is bad everywhere, but I was fighting ghost and it was really really bad, I think it hasn’t something to do with the effects of ghost with the hologram stuff, just something to think about
  • CryptCrypt Posts: 51
    Game wont even come up now i tried re-booting my Iphone 7
    11.4 Version
    Network: Sprint

I open the game it does Marvel then black screen thats it now
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Device and Model: iPhone 7 Plus
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: My game gets too hot to the point where the loading times are taking longer than usual. Getting some lag and choppy play (frames are dropping at this point). After that, the game freezes (plus my phone is hot!).
  • BigraduBigradu Posts: 10
    IPhone 7, 32 Gb, 19 gb available, version 11.4
    Both cellular and wifi
    Version 19.0.0
    Game mode - arena, alliance war
    Issues: crashes often, lag, very few frames per second, affects overall phone performance and causes other apps to crash or lag as well when switching between mcoc and apps
  • _XxxX__XxxX_ Posts: 4
    İphone 7 plush
    256gb 150gb available
    Version 11.4
    Both cellular&wifi
    Version 19.0.0
    All game function
    Bug bug bug lag lag..
  • Anti0rbitAnti0rbit Posts: 1
    Device and Model: iPhone 6
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Verizon
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? All
    Description of the Issue: primary issue is the game is very frequently not letting me log on, which is frustrating (has caused me to let down my alliance in AQ on several occasions) Phone is getting hot when the mcoc app runs. Battery drains insanely fast when mcoc app is open.
  • RobGooNRobGooN Posts: 2
    iPhone 7+ IOS 11.4
    After 5-10mins phone gets VERY HOT. Before it gets heated to the point it shuts down the phone.. the game runs terrible also. It may quite possibly be all related to the same issue perhaps the phone gets to heated and it causes performance issues I don’t know. I almost always only play on Wi-FI but my provider is sprint
  • bjjguy86bjjguy86 Posts: 2
    iphone7 ios 11.4
    same issues as above.. after a few minutes phone gets hot, and then the game crashes sending me back to my home screen to enter my pin.
This discussion has been closed.