**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What About F2P?

Comments

• KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Losspik wrote: »
    I'm sorry to say that although you 'support' the game by playing daily the time you spend playing does little to actually keep the game alive.

Unfortunately Money keeps it going like it or not.

Also there WERE unit deals available for F2P players, Units are available in game through normal gameplay, you can easily grind up 2-3k units in a month by playing arena and pushing daily events.

If you chose not to save your units that is down to your lack of foresight. I personally did not spend a dime on any deals as I am looking for a class specific Awakening gem BUT I did drop 5k of my ground out units on the unit deals.

I understand what you are saying but I don't believe that the extremely large pool of F2P doesn't help to support this game. If you only had the people that spend regularly playing this game it would be a small community. Also grinding 2-3k units a month is very unrealistic. That would be possible only if I had no job and no life. Another thing. Those unit deals weren't geared towards F2P. They were geared towards the spenders. If you noticed, none of the $100 offers had units in them forcing the whales to not only spend money on the 5* crystals, but also on the Odins pack. I really just wanted to point out that they are ignoring a large part of the MCoC community by pushing these expensive deals. It would have made sense to send out some free rewards to everyone just as a thank you and in celebration of the Holiday.

Still not sure how free rewards makes sense. So because I spend, I should be given more opportunities to spend? Lol.

Losspik is correct in that F2P doesn’t offer the same value to Kabam as paying pantera do, hence the opportunity to cash in on the cash and unit offers.

The point is this, I often find that when players have criticisms or requests like these, it hasn’t little do with Kabam and more to do with Thierry own personal situation. In your case you said 2-3k units per month is unrealistic because of life. Then so be it. If you don’t have the time and you won’t spend then you have to accept that your progression will be slower, or you have to find another game.

I understand my progression will be slower and I'm fine with that. I am a good enough player that this doesn't really effect me. My point here is that Kabam ignored a large portion of the player base in releasing these offers. Regardless of whether we support Kabam with our money, we still support them with our time and that should count for something.

u playing the game as a f2p is not benefting them at all,

u should of saved ur units for units offer.

here a head start....and a hint

start saving ur units for these kinds of offers. also ima guess another 4th of july deal next year!

Saving those kind of units is unrealistic and you know it. This only works if you're an incredibly skilled player and time all events out perfectly to fit into your daily schedule. This game is hard. You say otherwise then you are spending to win. These whales that spend so much spend for progress. They definitely have the skill. So if you're not at that kind of skill level you can easily spend what little units you earn in this game on staying alive and completing content. I just bought 5k units. They will all be gone soon just on finishing Act 5 (maybe) and this months EQ. I'm not the best player. Harder fights might take me a revive or two and that's not cheap.

Alot of people with units got them through free arena grinding.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    ASV27 wrote: »
    Ok guys let's be honest though... what kind of F2P has 15k units lying around? I would hazard a guess at not many.

If you don't have the foresight and patience to save for deals, don't complain when you don't have the units to buy them.

I'm not complaining here. I don't know if I would have actually bought the deals even if I had the units. My point is that nothing was done for the rest of the community. Im not saying we were owed anything, but it would have been nice to see that Kabam wasn't thinking only about making money on the holiday.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    I'm sorry to say that although you 'support' the game by playing daily the time you spend playing does little to actually keep the game alive.

Also there WERE unit deals available for F2P players, Units are available in game through normal gameplay, you can easily grind up 2-3k units in a month by playing arena and pushing daily events.

If you chose not to save your units that is down to your lack of foresight. I personally did not spend a dime on any deals as I am looking for a class specific Awakening gem BUT I did drop 5k of my ground out units on the unit deals.

I understand what you are saying but I don't believe that the extremely large pool of F2P doesn't help to support this game. If you only had the people that spend regularly playing this game it would be a small community. Also grinding 2-3k units a month is very unrealistic. That would be possible only if I had no job and no life. Another thing. Those unit deals weren't geared towards F2P. They were geared towards the spenders. If you noticed, none of the $100 offers had units in them forcing the whales to not only spend money on the 5* crystals, but also on the Odins pack. I really just wanted to point out that they are ignoring a large part of the MCoC community by pushing these expensive deals. It would have made sense to send out some free rewards to everyone just as a thank you and in celebration of the Holiday.

Still not sure how free rewards makes sense. So because I spend, I should be given more opportunities to spend? Lol.

Losspik is correct in that F2P doesn’t offer the same value to Kabam as paying pantera do, hence the opportunity to cash in on the cash and unit offers.

The point is this, I often find that when players have criticisms or requests like these, it hasn’t little do with Kabam and more to do with Thierry own personal situation. In your case you said 2-3k units per month is unrealistic because of life. Then so be it. If you don’t have the time and you won’t spend then you have to accept that your progression will be slower, or you have to find another game.

I understand my progression will be slower and I'm fine with that. I am a good enough player that this doesn't really effect me. My point here is that Kabam ignored a large portion of the player base in releasing these offers. Regardless of whether we support Kabam with our money, we still support them with our time and that should count for something.

start saving ur units for these kinds of offers. also ima guess another 4th of july deal next year!

Saving those kind of units is unrealistic and you know it. This only works if you're an incredibly skilled player and time all events out perfectly to fit into your daily schedule. This game is hard. You say otherwise then you are spending to win. These whales that spend so much spend for progress. They definitely have the skill. So if you're not at that kind of skill level you can easily spend what little units you earn in this game on staying alive and completing content. I just bought 5k units. They will all be gone soon just on finishing Act 5 (maybe) and this months EQ. I'm not the best player. Harder fights might take me a revive or two and that's not cheap.

Okay but Act 5 is your priority at the moment. If it weren’t, you’d he able to hang onto your units. Also, that argument about what’s realistic and unrealistic doesn’t fly. It’s just about how you manage your time and if stacking units is important to you or not.

Yes it is my priority right now. But as I said, I'm not the best player. A quarter of those units will most likely go into pots for the monthly EQ and War or AQ when I run out of Glory. I have 2 rank 4 5stars and 2 6stars on my profile. Worked hard to get there. But doesn't mean what units I do earn doesn't get spent trying to stay alive. Took me a good 500 units to figure out how to beat Domino. So saving for average players is very unrealistic.
  • NewYorkSmittyNewYorkSmitty Posts: 67
    Ok guys let's be honest though... what kind of F2P has 15k units lying around? I would hazard a guess at not many.

If you don't have the foresight and patience to save for deals, don't complain when you don't have the units to buy them.

I'm not complaining here. I don't know if I would have actually bought the deals even if I had the units. My point is that nothing was done for the rest of the community. Im not saying we were owed anything, but it would have been nice to see that Kabam wasn't thinking only about making money on the holiday.

I hope you share that same sentiment for every company on Black Friday and Christmas Eve.

A business trying to make money. Bizarre!
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    We used to get thank you for playing gifts all the time. Wish we still did.
    KhanMedina wrote: »

Yes I can understand that. However I know there is a huge chunk of the player base that doesn't have time for arena, and they have no time to grind the units. Arena is not a solution to having feasible source of unit income.
  • ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91

Why do you deserve anything from Kabam?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★

Yes I can understand that. However I know there is a huge chunk of the player base that doesn't have time for arena, and they have no time to grind the units. Arena is not a solution to having feasible source of unit income.

That's like saying that they have no time to grind units. You just want free stuff because you are one of those player's who can't hold units

I hope you share that same sentiment for every company on Black Friday and Christmas Eve.

Yes it is isn't it? You aren't seeing what I'm saying here. Kabam could have done both. Put out these July 4th deals and send out some free stuff in celebration for the entire player base. Then if you spend you could grab some extra rewards. It would have made logical business sense for a game.
  • Crooked_Sprook1Crooked_Sprook1 Posts: 294 ★★
    Being F2P player myself in almost every game I have learnt one thing. This game is a business and F2P players aren’t their priority.

Yes it is isn't it? You aren't seeing what I'm saying here. Kabam could have done both. Put out these July 4th deals and send out some free stuff in celebration for the entire player base. Then if you spend you could grab some extra rewards. It would have made logical business sense for a game.

You act as if they might not still do some Summoner Appreciation event sometime soon. They can make money AND celebrate the entire player base, but you have to do the sales before you do the giveaway, or else people will rank up who they want with the free stuff and not buy things.

I'm the last guy to shill, but the complaints about a sale people couldn't afford come off as the loudest of cries.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★

Stewman wrote: »

um... "the $100 deals" most certainly had units with them.

Not the ones with 5* crystals.

For real? Try looking again.

That's like saying that they have no time to grind units. You just want free stuff because you are one of those player's who can't hold units

Its funny how everyone can jump to conclusions so fast. I can hold onto units if I want. And I have before. But I used quite a few running LOL. I don't have time to grind arenas, and don't really have motivation to run Heroic and Master EQ because rewards suck. Uncollected EQ doesn't give units. I'm finished with Act 5 so no units there. It's become difficult to actually save units. So it's not so much that I can't hold units, but that the high end game modes don't offer any units.

um... "the $100 deals" most certainly had units with them.

Not the ones with 5* crystals.

For real? Try looking again.

Okay I see that now, I missed that in the picture I was sent in Line.

Its funny how everyone can jump to conclusions so fast. I can hold onto units if I want. And I have before. But I used quite a few running LOL. I don't have time to grind arenas, and don't really have motivation to run Heroic and Master EQ because rewards suck. Uncollected EQ doesn't give units. I'm finished with Act 5 so no units there. It's become difficult to actually save units. So it's not so much that I can't hold units, but that the high end game modes don't offer any units.

What in the world. Your logic is so flawed.

You act as if they might not still do some Summoner Appreciation event sometime soon. They can make money AND celebrate the entire player base, but you have to do the sales before you do the giveaway, or else people will rank up who they want with the free stuff and not buy things.

I'm the last guy to shill, but the complaints about a sale people couldn't afford come off as the loudest of cries.

Again, this isn't a complaint, but a critique. If Kabam wants to celebrate the holiday, they should do so to include everyone. I can understand having these deals on top of whatever else they decide to do, but as the only thing... seems kinda like they are playing favorites. It's like when everyone gets outraged that top players who have been cheating get little to no punishment because they put a lot of cash into the game.

If you don't have time to grind arena, then you're probably busy working. That's why they give you the option to use your resources from your real life grind (aka real money) to buy units that you don't have time to grind. Usually, the cost isn't worth using real money for these (for me anyway). Every once and awhile, they give us a great deal that is actually worth buying. The same way you can save units in the game, you can save $ in real life for these types of whale hunts. Your refusal to either grind in the game and save units, or save your real money, shouldn't lead to me not getting a good deal.

Explain?

That makes zero business sense. Between the 4th and Black Friday, these are their largest offer days. None of the current daily freebies vanished.

Both cash and F2P players had opportunity to progress their accounts today. Mind you last year they were running doubles for bc openings at this time last year for summoners appreciation. Kabam regularly shows appreciation.

You know who doesn’t? A large majority of F2p players. Making the most noise when they contribute very little to the game and aggressively shaming the very spenders who punch their F2P ticket everyday. Tough to notice your email being appreciated when you can’t appreciate the ones paving the way for you. My two cents.

Let it be known, I love F2P players and i wish I could be one, but I’m not and I will HAPPILY continue paying for your experience as I did yesterday for $615. Lol

Again, this isn't a complaint, but a critique. If Kabam wants to celebrate the holiday, they should do so to include everyone. I can understand having these deals on top of whatever else they decide to do, but as the only thing... seems kinda like they are playing favorites. It's like when everyone gets outraged that top players who have been cheating get little to no punishment because they put a lot of cash into the game.

Now you're bringing other issues into it in order to win people to your side. Focus on the target. A deal was offered to all. You can't afford it. Now you're upset. It wasn't just sent to people who spent 1k in the last year. Everyone had an awesome chance to get great deals. The only reasonable complaint should be that they don't give us any headsup on deals that only last 24 hrs. which most other businesses try to do.

If you don't have time to grind arena, then you're probably busy working. That's why they give you the option to use your resources from your real life grind (aka real money) to buy units that you don't have time to grind. Usually, the cost isn't worth using real money for these (for me anyway). Every once and awhile, they give us a great deal that is actually worth buying. The same way you can save units in the game, you can save $ in real life for these types of whale hunts. Your refusal to either grind in the game and save units, or save your real money, shouldn't lead to me not getting a good deal.

Ok first off I have no issue whatsoever with these deals, I'm happy to see people in my alliance pull 5* Domino and 5* IMIW. My problem is that there wasn't any thing really special done for the entire community for the holiday. Its not really as fun for the players who get nothing from the holiday celebrations.

Okay but Act 5 is your priority at the moment. If it weren’t, you’d he able to hang onto your units. Also, that argument about what’s realistic and unrealistic doesn’t fly. It’s just about how you manage your time and if stacking units is important to you or not.

Yes it is my priority right now. But as I said, I'm not the best player. A quarter of those units will most likely go into pots for the monthly EQ and War or AQ when I run out of Glory. I have 2 rank 4 5stars and 2 6stars on my profile. Worked hard to get there. But doesn't mean what units I do earn doesn't get spent trying to stay alive. Took me a good 500 units to figure out how to beat Domino. So saving for average players is very unrealistic.

Yeah dude, I read you! I'm not great either. All im saying is Act 5 is the exception to the rule in that this is the second most difficult content in the game to LOL. So yeah, saving cant be a priority at any level. When youre not doing difficult content, stashing is a breeze.

Explain?

At this point I would rather beat my face on a brick wall, considering it would be about the equivalent.

Ok first off I have no issue whatsoever with these deals, I'm happy to see people in my alliance pull 5* Domino and 5* IMIW. My problem is that there wasn't any thing really special done for the entire community for the holiday. Its not really as fun for the players who get nothing from the holiday celebrations.

If you're going to Walmart for your regular shopping, and they happen to have a deal for something that you'd like but can't afford, would you be mad that they gave other people a chance to better their lives even though you can't take advantage of that same opportunity? Would they owe you a free fan if they had a sale on air conditioners? I don't get why you expect to get something for free just because someone else had a chance to buy something with real money, or how that could somehow lessen your fun at all.

That makes zero business sense. Between the 4th and Black Friday, these are their largest offer days. None of the current daily freebies vanished.

Both cash and F2P players had opportunity to progress their accounts today. Mind you last year they were running doubles for bc openings at this time last year for summoners appreciation. Kabam regularly shows appreciation.

You know who doesn’t? A large majority of F2p players. Making the most noise when they contribute very little to the game and aggressively shaming the very spenders who punch their F2P ticket everyday. Tough to notice your email being appreciated when you can’t appreciate the ones paving the way for you. My two cents.

Let it be known, I love F2P players and i wish I could be one, but I’m not and I will HAPPILY continue paying for your experience as I did yesterday for $615. Lol

I am in no way trying to minimize your support of this game in the form of money. I realize this game wouldn't be around if it wasn't for people who can spend real money on this game. So thank you. Here is my problem. Kabams thank you/celebration only extended to the players willing to spend real money on this game. And I realize those who have been saving units for a long time were able to benefit at no cost to themselves, and that's great. However units are first and foremost a $ based currency and if you don't have the time to grind arena all month long for a year then as a F2P there really is no benefits for us. And I know there doesn't have to be, but if Kabam is going to celebrate at least include everyone, even if it's in a small way.

Explain?

At this point I would rather beat my face on a brick wall, considering it would be about the equivalent.

Thank you for the constructive feedback.

I am in no way trying to minimize your support of this game in the form of money. I realize this game wouldn't be around if it wasn't for people who can spend real money on this game. So thank you. Here is my problem. Kabams thank you/celebration only extended to the players willing to spend real money on this game. And I realize those who have been saving units for a long time were able to benefit at no cost to themselves, and that's great. However units are first and foremost a $ based currency and if you don't have the time to grind arena all month long for a year then as a F2P there really is no benefits for us. And I know there doesn't have to be, but if Kabam is going to celebrate at least include everyone, even if it's in a small way.

So what would be an acceptable form of appreciation to you? Be specific.

Explain?

Thank you for the constructive feedback.

You have been given constructive feedback. That you continue to ignore.

Ok Lets do this.

How can you complain about not having units if you don't put effort into game modes or difficulties that reward them?
    (Putting aside that uncollected eq should really reward units)

So what would be an acceptable form of appreciation to you? Be specific.

Nothing like what you were able to get in the deals. Maybe just something for every active player in the game saying happy 4th and here's a special patriotic crystal or something not specifically for F2P, but something that at least included them.
This discussion has been closed.