**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Forum Suggestions and Requests!

Comments

• VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Hey hey hey peoples!

So we have brand new, shiny forums! The old forums caused a lot of frustration. These forums are MUCH better. Infinitely better. That being said, perhaps you'll have a suggestion or an idea about an extra feature you'd love to see added. This is the thread to make those requests!

Some ground rules:

- Keep it constructive
    - Stay on topic

Posts that do not follow the above will be deleted.

And a caveat as well: while we would love to impliment all suggestions we receive, there will be some that we are unable to put in due to either time or resource constraints. We won't be able to individually acknowledge all ideas received, but we will read all of them.

Thanks!

In the old forums, there was a convenient feature at the top that lists "Today's Post". Reddit has something similar where posts could be sorted with newest first.

Does this forum this capability? I haven't found it yet if it does.

• JohnPaulBusuJohnPaulBusu Posts: 85
    Some suggestions to make these forums better (most of these where in the old forums but are not in the new one):

1.Have a thread to see what champ will be in arena next
    2. Have a thread where players who are looking for an alliance can post their gamer tag, rating, what they are looking for in an alliance, etc...
    3. Include a button that takes you either directly to the top of the page or the bottom of the page
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Hey hey hey peoples!

So we have brand new, shiny forums! The old forums caused a lot of frustration. These forums are MUCH better. Infinitely better. That being said, perhaps you'll have a suggestion or an idea about an extra feature you'd love to see added. This is the thread to make those requests!

Some ground rules:

- Keep it constructive
    - Stay on topic

And a caveat as well: while we would love to impliment all suggestions we receive, there will be some that we are unable to put in due to either time or resource constraints. We won't be able to individually acknowledge all ideas received, but we will read all of them.

Thanks!

In the old forums, there was a convenient feature at the top that lists "Today's Post". Reddit has something similar where posts could be sorted with newest first.

If you click on "Discussions" then it will pull up the "Sticky" threads and the most recent posted-in threads.
    When you go to the Contest of Champions Home page, there is a tab in the top left that says "Forum". This link takes you to the old forum. Please update it.
    Hey hey hey peoples!

Some ground rules:

- Keep it constructive
    - Stay on topic

Thanks!

If you click on "Discussions" then it will pull up the "Sticky" threads and the most recent posted-in threads.

Found it. It was actually obvious but got so used to see this feature on the top like on Reddit and the old forums.

There's a link called "Recent Discussions" on the right hand side above all those "Who's online" avatars.
    Hey hey hey peoples!

Some ground rules:

- Keep it constructive
    - Stay on topic

Thanks!

Found it. It was actually obvious but got so used to see this feature on the top like on Reddit and the old forums.

There's a link called "Recent Discussions" on the right hand side above all those "Who's online" avatars.

Ah, thanks.
  • kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★
    New Forum looks nice - But the "Forum" button on Playcontestofchampions.com needs to be updated to the new URL - it look me to the old forums and I had to find the announcement with the new URL.

Cheers!
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    This isn't necessarily bug, nor is it in Contest of Champions, but it is certainly a problem. When making a post in these new forums, you can only edit for a certain amount of time. Why is this the case? I was really hoping that it would be changed with these new forums. Unfortunately, I posted something in here, and it said I had 15 minutes to edit. Not only was this unhelpful feature not removed, it was made worse. Please change this with the first wave of edits to these new and improved forums.
    -CrusherOfDreams

On Reddit, one of the users in a star wars forum started a forum game where he would edit his post AFTER someone made the response. The idea behind the game is to make the response look funny. I found it hilarious. Good times. I didn't participate but I found the thread enjoyable.

However, if this feature was enabled here, I strongly suspect that it wouldn't be too funny and it would be abused.
    In the old vB forum, we had edit access for our posts for a long time (don't remember how long, but it was a pretty long time) and I don't remember this ability being abused

Having edit access for a longer time would be very helpful in cases where you are making long posts and spot mistakes after you have posted it or making suggestions/bug reports in a thread and you remember more things to add later. This would enable us to post all our thoughts in one post instead of them being scattered in bits throughout the thread. Example: I wanted to add all my suggestions and thoughts regarding the new forum in one post but I couldn't do that and had to create a second post since I lost edit access
    Also, like the old forum, you guys should consider adding a "My Profile" tab somewhere from where we can see all our posts/threads we posted in with new posts listed together
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    edited May 2017
    It was easier to tell mod/admin posts apart from user posts in the old forum. Main thing for me currently.

15 min edit timer is a bummer.

Hard to see what posts have a mod/admin post in them as well.
    edited May 2017
    This isn't necessarily bug, nor is it in Contest of Champions, but it is certainly a problem. When making a post in these new forums, you can only edit for a certain amount of time. Why is this the case? I was really hoping that it would be changed with these new forums. Unfortunately, I posted something in here, and it said I had 15 minutes to edit. Not only was this unhelpful feature not removed, it was made worse. Please change this with the first wave of edits to these new and improved forums.
    -CrusherOfDreams

On Reddit, one of the users in a star wars forum started a forum game where he would edit his post AFTER someone made the response. The idea behind the game is to make the response look funny. I found it hilarious. Good times. I didn't participate but I found the thread enjoyable.

However, if this feature was enabled here, I strongly suspect that it wouldn't be too funny and it would be abused.
    In the old vB forum, we had edit access for our posts for a long time (don't remember how long, but it was a pretty long time) and I don't remember this ability being abused

Having edit access for a longer time would be very helpful in cases where you are making long posts and spot mistakes after you have posted it or making suggestions/bug reports in a thread and you remember more things to add later. This would enable us to post all our thoughts in one post instead of them being scattered in bits throughout the thread. Example: I wanted to add all my suggestions and thoughts regarding the new forum in one post but I couldn't do that and had to create a second post since I lost edit access

In the old forum, we were introduced to blank white screen. Hard to abuse the edit feature (or even have a desire to do so) when the forum was so buggy. That's why I had developed a habit of pressing CTRL-A then CTRL-C prior to pressing the submit button to post. The length of time before the screen goes blank upon submission tend to vary. You didn't have to make a long post to see the problem but most of the time, you had to type a lot to experience it.

But more importantly, you were not told ahead of time in the old forum how long you had to wait before the posts could no longer be edited by you. Here you do. Now armed with new info that you didn't have before, you people are now using it just to complain.

• spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    I would also like the ability to easily recognize mod posts. When you're skimming things looking for an answer in a post, it makes it quicker and easier to identify when the mod posts had that orange font. As a player, it's easier to find actual, official answers that way rather than sorting through the riff raff when the mods look the same as everyone else.
  • add a function to read all moderator posts in thread. very helpful button.

In the old forum, we were introduced to blank white screen. Hard to abuse the edit feature (or even have a desire to do so) when the forum was so buggy.
    That's why I had developed a habit of pressing CTRL-A then CTRL-C prior to pressing the submit button to post. The length of time before the screen goes blank upon submission tend to vary. You didn't have to make a long post to see the problem but most of the time, you had to type a lot to experience it. But more importantly, you were not told ahead of time in the old forum how long you had to wait before the posts could no longer be edited by you. Here you do. Now armed with new info that you didn't have before, you people are now using it just to complain.
    That is bogus logic. Just because someone may find a way to "exploit" a feature, you will disable that feature for everyone? That's like banning nuclear research because someone may use it to make atom bombs
    Also, this isn't an "exploit" as you describe it to be. There's a reason why the "quote" tag exists. You may edit your own post but if someone quotes your post before you edit, you have no way of changing the quoted portion there

Believe me, I have used the old forum a lot so I know how bad the problem was. But because it was sometimes harder to edit posts isn't a reason that anyone hasn't exploited it. If someone wanted to edit their post, they'd do it anyway. This (blank screen) had happened several times while I was trying to edit a post but I kept trying until I succeeded

We had edit access for a MUCH longer time before. So knowing how much time I had before I lost edit access was irrelevant because I would have perfected my post/added whatever I wanted to much before I lost the edit access. In this case, that time (15 minutes) isn't enough
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    edited May 2017
    Add an option to shrink or hide avatars so I can read more than 5 or 6 words on each line. Also, let us choose font size.

Separate sticky posts from other ones.

Add option to see thread titles only. All that other stuff about who started it and how many read it is too much wasted space. Feels like I'm scrolling forever to hit the bottom of a page.

Please put the quick jump function back at the top like the old forum.
  • The fonts and profile pictures are large, everything in general is large. This makes it hard to focus sometimes, there is not much you can read without having to scroll down or notice bright colors everywhere.
    Re-enable color and size BBCode tags for normal members. Why is/was it disabled the first place? Other forums allow that
  • RbvojtikRbvojtik Posts: 113
    I think the best thing about the old threads was the ability to see which threads a mod had commented on, and the ability to click on the "K" and go directly to that post. This made it much easier to keep up with answers, news, and announcements without having to sort through hundreds of posts.

I also miss my "Super Member" status.
    Please make it so that being reported doesn't effect your points rating. I've been reported multiple times for no good reason, but it still has an effect. Make it so that mods have to confirm the abuse or spam report before it counts against you. Innocent until proven guilty, right?
    How many posts or likes or whatever does it take to become "advanced" or "expert" in these new forums? I've seen nothing but "member" and "moderator".
  • Scotty2hotty33_Scotty2hotty33_ Posts: 85
    I would like it if devs and Mike and Adora had different colors. Or a dev tracker. That would help a lot. Right now ya'll have yellow colors like the rest of us. Thanks
  • Can anyone tell me how to change the colour text in our alliance chat please.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Alongside the "Flag | Quote | Insightful | Agree | Like | Awesome | LOL" at the bottom of posts, can we also have more options - things like "Disagree" and "DumbestThingI'veEverHeard" and "OhDearLordNotAnotherCompensationPostPleaseJustStop!"
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    Alongside the "Flag | Quote | Insightful | Agree | Like | Awesome | LOL" at the bottom of posts, can we also have more options - things like "Disagree" and "DumbestThingI'veEverHeard" and "OhDearLordNotAnotherCompensationPostPleaseJustStop!"

Could it be shortened to DTIEH and ODLNACPPJS for convenience?
  • FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    If a moderator were to look at someones profile and see about 100 flags, are they able to tell if one individual was responsible for 98, 99, or even 100 of them?

You can't flag someone multiple times in the same comment. You can only flag them once and it shows all the people who flagged someone.
    There should be a Follow button, where you get notifications every time a certain user posts. I've found a few guys who I like seeing their opinions, but it's hard to go back to somewhere they posted, check their profile, then find their posts.
    edited May 2017
    Morgan wrote: »
    Get rid of the flagging system. You did so much to avoid clashes and wars and the sole existance of that means leaping into troll wars

See, that's tough. I do get that flagging is becoming a huge problem, but it's still good to be able to let Moderators know when someone is being a jerk or something. I'm not really sure what would work. A start would be to at least make it so it doesn't effect points.
This discussion has been closed.