**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Rake2Rake2 Posts: 19
    @Kabam Miike please can you do something with the new update because the cell overheats a lot
  • Since the wasp update my game has been acting strangely. I'll be the middle of a fight then the screen goes black with loading "disc". This then prompts the screen to lock and me having to log back in. I've also had issues with the volume on my phone that has just begun since updating the game. I'll be playing music and the volume suddenly goes all the way down.

Device Model: iPhone 7
    Carrier: Verizon
    Wifi or Cellular Network: both wifi and cell network
  • VascogcVascogc Posts: 1
    Mine is a iPhone X ios 11.4 and it have a lot of lag after update and it s really hot and some problems to place the specials.
  • RamboshankRamboshank Posts: 2
    Device Model: iPhone 7 plus
    Carrier: 3
    Wifi or Cellular Network: both wifi and cell network

This is ridiculous, you better give us some sort of compensation for this otherwise you can go shove your game where the sun don't shine.
  • KahrahtayKahrahtay Posts: 146
    Os 11.4
    Iphone 8 256gb
    After last update.
    Lots of lagg and to hot to hold
    Also unable to parry
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Device Operating System: 11.4
    WiFi Only
    Game Version Installed: 19.0.0
    Game Mode: All available right now: AQ, Arena, New Quest
    Description of the Issue: Phone gets hot which begins to affect all aspects of game: lag, lost sound temporarily, game crashes. Slow reboot

Ok all the latest Patch update has failed, There does not appear to be a fix or roll back for the latest update from KABAM. Phones do get warm when you play mobile games. Update is in conflict with IOS, but where ?. I have only thought of this for a few minutes. i also found that keyboard would switch to default during game.. i use a 3rd party app for keyboard. Also found screen darken and blink a few times. I only play for a few minutes before phone becomes hot. i switch off phone and wait about 30 minutes too cool down before. There is no update to fix Patch 19.0.0, but when do KABAM every sends update on resolving problems. Looks like a tough month Bugs and Known Issues section in forum better add more space to Bugs and Known Issues Sever. .I only hope it get fixed as soon as possible
  • Dead_mutation1Dead_mutation1 Posts: 20
    Same problem here. Have a IPhone 7+ that is over heating like mad after 10 minutes. Can only play for 10 minutes then let it cool for 30 minutes. Had it reset on my multiple times. Am losing out on so many things with this problem and to think I paid money to the store last night for some July 4th deals. Please get this fixed as it is effect my arena , aq etc
  • AlebukkAlebukk Posts: 2
    edited July 2018
    WiFi + LTE
    Description of the Issue: Phone gets hot which begins to affect all aspects of game: lag, lost sound temporarily, game crashes. Slow reboot.

I’ve Copy last post cause I have same problems
  • Aamir123Aamir123 Posts: 92
    edited July 2018
    The game is lagging and freezing the phone after the v19 update. I need to reboot the phone to clear the issue. Please help
  • Ace_BaltazarAce_Baltazar Posts: 14
    iPhone 7+
    iOS 11.4
    Wi-Fi
    MCOC v19.0

Phone gets so hot that the device goes into a black screen and hangs or it auto-restarts the phone. Even when I quit the game the phone is so slow when browsing sites because of the heat generated after playing MCOC for short while.

I'm well aware of the fast battery drain issues with iOS 11 but this is the first time I've experienced from any app installed on my phone where it shuts down because of the heat. Even playing Fortnite for hours doesn't heat my phone like this where it forces the device to restart or auto shutdown like MCOC does in a few minutes.

Update 19.0 is a massive clusterfuck.
    It can potentially brick a phone because of the overheating.
    I suggest if you determine a fix that you release it ASAP, it can really damage affected devices.
  • Aamir123Aamir123 Posts: 92
    Device Model:- iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier:- Airtel
    Wifi or Cellular Network:- facing problem on both

As written, the phone freezes while playing the game. Even the touch also stops responding. All buttons stop working and I need to reboot the phone to clear the issue. And after the update, phone is randomly respiringing and freezing while using other apps also if the game is open in background. Even multitasking also freezes while switching apps while playing the game.
  • THANK GOD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE.. My phone has been freezing and has also been restarting on its own while playing the game... Also it heats up much more than before

Device Model: iPhone 7
    Carrier: Jio
    Wifi or Cellular Network: Cellular + WiFi
  • DizzydDizzyd Posts: 6
    Ios 11.4
    Iphone 7
    Bell cell provider
    Sasktel wifi provider
  • DizzydDizzyd Posts: 6
    Also newest game update
  • PlagueisBanePlagueisBane Posts: 232
    edited July 2018
    Why are the start up and loading screens so bright! , phone overheats, battery drains, use dark backgrounds , help save money from needing to upgrade phones . B)

@Kabam Miike
  • XyloXylo Posts: 1
    My iPhone heats up tremendously with this latest game update. Occasionally the game crashes, in the way that my iPhone runs out of battery. But then it just leaves the game
    Running iOS 11.4
    iPhone 7
  • Gohan2606Gohan2606 Posts: 21
    I say we abide by the TOS and everyone affected by the phones overheating file an arbitration case against kabam for causing damage to people’s phones.
  • SkymastrSkymastr Posts: 46
    edited July 2018
    More then 24 hours and still nothing not even “we working on it” so they are waiting explode iPhones in our hand probly its will happen just watch out bbc or cnn
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★
    iPhone 6 plus
    iOS 11.3.1
    Wi-Fi

phone overheats a lot
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike not sure why we have yet another thread on this issue as we already have this one which shows these issues were present since APRIL right?

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/62021/ios-lag-and-performance-investigation/p9

• Monkey121981Monkey121981 Posts: 46
    iPhone 7 Plus
    iOS 11.3.1
    MCOC 19.0
    Problems on both (Wi-Fi & Cellular)

I do think all has been adressed above but in case some aren't:
    - Overheating
    - Battery gets drained rapidly
    - Black screen + loading sign
    - Sound stops (even mid fight)
    - Phone freezes and I need to do a hard reset of my phone (can't close MCOC or even open another app or use the menus on top/bottom)
    - Can't make screenshots or recordings (buttons just don't work anymore)
    - Extremely laggy gameplay (gets worse just before it crashes)

Last day of AQ was a struggle because of this and now I even have to skip AW although I wanted to use these few wars before new season starts to check out the new nodes. I just don't want to hold up my team and waste a bunch of resources because my phone can't handle it. It's extremely frustrating and I'm usually not someone that complains about a bit of lag or an occasional crash but this is just horrible.
  • Rizza13Rizza13 Posts: 1
    Device Model: iPhone 7 plus
    Carrier: Verizon
    Wifi or Cellular Network: Cellular + WiFi

Phone overheats and goes to black screen with spinning wheel. Will cut into playing time in order to save phone...
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    WiMak wrote: »
    Sorry Wimack, I need to hijack your Top Post!

Hey everybody, we're looking to get some more information for us to investigate the cause of this issue.

If you are here to report issues like the ones that others are listing, please give us the following information:

OS
    Device Model
    Carrier
    Wifi or Cellular Network

Thank you all of you that have already given us this information. We are working on figuring out exactly what you might be experiencing, and why.

- Miike

Ever since I downloaded the new update my phone has been acting… Let’s call it weird. First, all buttons on iPhone 7 Plus became unresponsive. Volume, home, power, even lock switch. Could still navigate the game but would not let me exit until I finally did a hard shutdown (wouldn’t allow soft shut down) my phone has NEVER done this before.

Next, after just a little bit of use the game starts glitching horrendously and load times between flights was about 5 times longer.

Other apps, like line, got stuck on loading screen.

Is it just me or anyone else…?

IM BACK! Thank god for that!

What @WiMak says! My iPhone 7 did the same thing! Everything become unresponsive, I had to hard **** down too.

Couldn’t lock the phone, press the middle button to go home. First time it happened I got worried I’m gonna need a new phone, second time it happened I seen it’s due to the update.

Not been on it all day, only to place defence, as I don’t want it to happen again.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    I said “shut down” but it has **** out shut. Didn’t swear or mean too, could be auto correct but I did mean “hard shut down”
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    @Kabam Miike not sure why we have yet another thread on this issue as we already have this one which shows these issues were present since APRIL right?

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/62021/ios-lag-and-performance-investigation/p9

Exactly. Not like they didn’t know about it already. They pushed it too far now it blew up in their face. And ours.
  • Cobia71Cobia71 Posts: 1
    Device and Model: iPhone 7 Plus
    WiFi + LTE
    Game Mode: AQ, Arena, New Quest
    Issue: After playing for a couple of minutes my phone starts to get hot. If I continue playing the game the game will crash and my phone locks up. I then have to do a soft reset to get my phone back.
  • PbishopPbishop Posts: 143
    edited July 2018
    Am I the only one where the game randomly enters a loading screen and sends you back to your Phone home screen not the game home screen matter what your doing
  • PparkerspideyPparkerspidey Posts: 7
    WiFi And cellular

Description of the Issue: Phone gets hot which begins to affect all aspects of game: lag, lost sound temporarily, game crashes. Slow reboot, slow motion and choppy game play on both WiFi and cellular.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    iPhone 8
    iOS 11.4
    Game version 19.0.0
    WiFi
    All game modes, currently story
    Playing for even a few minutes causes my phone to overheat quickly and stop working/reboot.
This discussion has been closed.