**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

LAUNCHING JULY 15: Peak Milestones and Alliance Quests Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Hello69Hello69 Posts: 15
    No lag for me or any issues
  • ALCAMIST9ALCAMIST9 Posts: 48
    Booooo
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 283 ★★
    So we have a delay in more aq rewards and cheaper glory store but no problem pushing out harder aw maps.
  • KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    so the things that we can be excited about, aka same difficulty with more rewards got delayed. while the things that exploit players stays, aka, node 27+28 when there is a broken champ out there you refuse to give a prober response in the first place (Domino) = harder content with the same rewards...

I see now, good priority btw, keep it up
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Jkw634 wrote: »
    So we have a delay in more aq rewards and cheaper glory store but no problem pushing out harder aw maps.

My thoughts exactly, only stuff that's beneficial to players is delayed.

We need the extra glory to fund the harder AW.
  • GeisønGeisøn Posts: 39
    Summoners,

Due to some overheating and performance issues that we are investigating following our 19.0 release, we will be delaying the release of our new 1-Day and 3-Day Alliance Events, our new iteration of Alliance Quests and our update to the Glory Store.

We do not currently have an ETA for these new Events and Alliance Quests, but will let you all know as soon as we have more information regarding their release, and the results of our investigation surrounding our 19.0 release.

We apologize for this delay.

Dear, why not return with the previous version until you found a solution to the problem?
  • 180290anderson180290anderson Posts: 13
    aedr8eupnd1w.png
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Why can’t you make stuff in the glory store cheaper now? I get the logistics behind events and whatnot but change the prices and be done with it.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Summoners,

Due to some overheating and performance issues that we are investigating following our 19.0 release, we will be delaying the release of our new 1-Day and 3-Day Alliance Events, our new iteration of Alliance Quests and our update to the Glory Store.

We do not currently have an ETA for these new Events and Alliance Quests, but will let you all know as soon as we have more information regarding their release, and the results of our investigation surrounding our 19.0 release.

We apologize for this delay.

Too bad you don’t delay also the new changes to AW.
    New miniboss/nodes SUCKS!
  • AURELIUSAURELIUS Posts: 121
    Siliyo wrote: »
    Please lower the cost of L3 and L4 potions since AW is the focus now... especially with a long wait until the next AQ season.

So, while we didn't lower the Cost of Alliance Potions themselves, we are giving you more Glory, and you can use that to purchase Alliance Potions if you wish. I know this isn't exactly the same. Personally, I prefer to use my Glory on Rank Up Materials, but the choice is always yours.

So if im understanding correctly we are not getting milestone rewards anymore instead we are getting all milestones on day 5 which is going to make it harder to get the specific catalyst type we need.
  • InfantryInfantry Posts: 110
    Lol
  • InfantryInfantry Posts: 110
    Thats all I can come up with without being banned from the forums this is very laughable
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    The one time there was an update the players wanted.. you delay it over a minor issue effecting a minority of players..

Business 101 failed

If any business course in the country is currently advocating enabling new features in a widely deployed software system build that shows instability and functionality problems on the margins soon after deployment, I would recommend getting a refund on your tuition and using the funds to set the campus on fire.
  • TwistedEnigma17TwistedEnigma17 Posts: 69
    @Kabam Miike when are these changes taking place? Because my phone is still overheating.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    The one time there was an update the players wanted.. you delay it over a minor issue effecting a minority of players..

Business 101 failed

If any business course in the country is currently advocating enabling new features in a widely deployed software system build that shows instability and functionality problems on the margins soon after deployment, I would recommend getting a refund on your tuition and using the funds to set the campus on fire.

Hasn't most updates been bugged with some nearly unplayable content in this game throughout it's history? At least that's what most long timers tell me so I can't confirm it.
  • vrtovrto Posts: 218 Content Creator
    edited July 2018

Business 101 failed

Come on, you are not GroundedWisdom! Calling these new features is a push, at most enhancements, specially the glory store update! Meanwhile the AW map update is on... I'm sure there is a good reason for such delays, yet I can't understand how these may interfere, a more detailed justification would be appreciated!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Well since you used the Batcall....

The changes require a stable Build. They are likely working it into the Update that addresses the overheating issue. Any Dev would likely consider it prudent planning regardless, to ensure that things are running as optimally as possible before introducing changes that affect mass Rewards.
    In fact, that's one of the most common complaints. "Why don't you fix A before releasing B.".
  • Well since you used the Batcall....

The changes require a stable Build. They are likely working it into the Update that addresses the overheating issue. Any Dev would likely consider it prudent planning regardless, to ensure that things are running as optimally as possible before introducing changes that affect mass Rewards.
    In fact, that's one of the most common complaints. "Why don't you fix A before releasing B.".

Come on, you are not DNA3000! Changes were introduced today that affect mass... profit! I'm sure there is a good reason for such delays, yet I can't understand how these may interfere, a more detailed justification would be appreciated!
    What changes were introduced today that affect mass profit?
    There's not much to detail. It's been said that they need a stable Build, and it's just common sense to wait with everything going on that they're trying to resolve.
    vrto wrote: »

Business 101 failed

Come on, you are not GroundedWisdom! Calling these new features is a push, at most enhancements, specially the glory store update! Meanwhile the AW map update is on... I'm sure there is a good reason for such delays, yet I can't understand how these may interfere, a more detailed justification would be appreciated!

There have been many times in the past when activating new features, even apparently innocuous ones on the surface, caused significant problems with both clients and servers (like, almost every time). Although Kabam has often moved forward with their scheduled updates regardless, that doesn't make it the safe or reasonable thing to do in general. And if someone is teaching otherwise in some MIS course somewhere, I am deadly serious that I'd like to know who and where, so I can try to talk them out of a career in academia. It just makes my profession look like it is filled with more idiots than it already is.
  • What changes were introduced today that affect mass profit?
    There's not much to detail. It's been said that they need a stable Build, and it's just common sense to wait with everything going on that they're trying to resolve.

I'm disappointed that you are not aware of today's changes.
  • KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★

you should play alliance war to see for yourself, oh wait, I forgot, you are in a retirement alliance or did that change?

My mistake. You meant the changes to War, that you view to be for profit, when in actuality are the direct result of people complaining the Map was too easy. Perhaps I didn't think of it because I'm not of the opinion it's all just to milk the Players.

Those changes have been scheduled for some time now, and were already set in motion. The aforementioned changes have a tentative date, pending the issues being resolved. That much has been stated from the onset of announcing them. Considering they have more control over holding off with it, that's the wisest choice.
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »

Business 101 failed

Hasn't most updates been bugged with some nearly unplayable content in this game throughout it's history? At least that's what most long timers tell me so I can't confirm it.

Many of them have been, far more than I find acceptable anyway. And if there exists a business school that teaches that once you've screwed up enough times, might as well keep going, I am unaware of it. Maybe they started doing that when they changed grade school math.
    edited July 2018

Business 101 failed

There have been many times in the past when activating new features, even apparently innocuous ones on the surface, caused significant problems with both clients and servers (like, almost every time). Although Kabam has often moved forward with their scheduled updates regardless, that doesn't make it the safe or reasonable thing to do in general. And if someone is teaching otherwise in some MIS course somewhere, I am deadly serious that I'd like to know who and where, so I can try to talk them out of a career in academia. It just makes my profession look like it is filled with more idiots than it already is.

You have missed the point... twice! Out of curiosity, why do you always brag about software engineering knowledge? You certainly know that many in the community are on same "field", and there is always someone who know more/better... Honestly, I enjoy many of your community interactions, yet being a very experienced software engineer (and architect) myself, working at a highly appraised core dev team, have to note your recurrent brag as something you should really nerf. Please take it as constructive criticism.
    edited July 2018

My mistake. You meant the changes to War, that you view to be for profit, when in actuality are the direct result of people complaining the Map was too easy. Perhaps I didn't think of it because I'm not of the opinion it's all just to milk the Players.

Those changes have been scheduled for some time now, and were already set in motion. The aforementioned changes have a tentative date, pending the issues being resolved. That much has been stated from the onset of announcing them. Considering they have more control over holding off with it, that's the wisest choice.

You can paint it as you want, some changes were activated, other changes weren't, I don't understand why and I had my share of 6 months profiling and hacking Android kernel so my (most probably faulty) Nexus 5X wouldn't reach up to 70ºC running the game! Now imagine who doesn't know a thing about the matter, oh wait you are not DNA3000...

Business 101 failed

You have missed the point... twice! Out of curiosity, why do you always brag about software engineering knowledge? You certainly know that many in the community are on same "field", and there is always someone who know more/better... Honestly, I enjoy many of your community interactions, yet being a very experienced software engineer (and architect) myself, working at a highly appraised core dev team, have to note your recurrent brag as something you should really nerf. Please take it as constructive criticism.

The fact that you find statements about fundamental operational best practices to be a "brag" suggests to me the value of those appraisals are suspect. However, if you feel you have some superior knowledge of the subject you feel compelled to educate me on, I'm perfectly willing to have that discussion off-thread.
    Markjv81 wrote: »

Show me the posts where people complained AW was too easy.

Use the Search.