**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    Same issue... phone gets very hot after 15 mins of play then crashes. At times no volume and lags. iPhone 7 11.4 AT&T WiFi and celluar. Always something wrong so fustrating.
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 89
    Sonnyt4jr wrote: »
    NizZard wrote: »
    I took my phone to the local Apple shop due to the overheating and battery draining.
    I was told by them that it is a software issue not the phone.
    I was also advised to delete the mcoc app and not play it or it would result in permanent damage to my phone.
    Because it is a software issue (mcoc app) and if the phone was damaged by it I was informed that Apple would void the phones warrantly

So it’s confirmed IT IS THE APP MCOC THAT IS CAUSING THE PROBLEM, not hadware but clearly the app that is causing the problem.

Yes they are absolutely right. It’s a pure software issue as Apple test their devices million times before they launch and also their iOS upgrades. My phone is almost screwed up due to the game play and my batt lifecycle gone worse after playing for a year on my new phone. I have never seen any phone hanging issue with any app than this game. It’s eating all our devices basically due to too much of programming logic and resource hungry. Being an IT person I know what multi threading is and what memory leakage it could be partly due to it. Plus too much of animation and graphics is not easy to handle so we need super computers or Apple should design a phone specific for this game guys else it’s going to get worse with more and more new stuff
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Seriously I wouldn't play on iOS. You're risking your device. It won't surprise me that many people have ruined devices before this is fixed.
  • Been facing the same problems as originally described on my iPhone 7 Plus too. Ever since the new update, after playing the game for say 15-30mins my phone starts overheatings and becomes unresponsive. All other apps start freezing or just don’t open.
  • I’ve been playing on MCOC for over two years and never had this sort of issue. The latest update is over heating my phone and the game becomes unplayable within 10 mins. It also drains my battery insanely quick. I have an IPhone 6S Plus with the Ios11.4 software. It happens whether I’m on WiFi or not. This needs to be resolved ASAP before it destroys my phone. Thank you.
  • SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 341 ★★★
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht201678

Reading this, it’s apparent the lag is a direct result of the temperature issue. The lag/slowdown in gameplay is simply our devices protecting itself from the heat.

Now, is there any update? I would love a fix before compensation turns into new phones from Kabam’s insurance company.
  • DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    Yeah, I’m going to log in for daily calendar and the that’s it intill we have a fix. Playing the game in its state right now is questiable. Going to download a few of games to occupied my time. I hope I don’t lose interest.
  • mcu5fal2zx6i.png
    Logged into game and come to this...
    Samsung galaxy j7 sky pro. Brand new phone bought a week ago.
  • KinglosoKingloso Posts: 4
    5th gen iPad (unboxed yesterday). And my iPhone 6s. Version 11.4
    Phone is running hot and extreme lag. iPad is shutting down. Issue only occurs while running the game. Had no issues prior to the update.
  • electraspantieselectraspanties Posts: 4
    Device Model : iPhone 7
    Carrier: Sprint
    Wifi or Cellular Network: Both

Phone runs hot to the touch after approx. 20 mins. Phone shut down twice within 10 mins and froze once. Battery dropped from 74% to 20% in less than 10 mins. Had to reboot phone 3 times.
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    Crashed before first attempt at "Ghost" fight in uncollected.

Biggest thing I've noticed is that since Tuesday my phone gets super hot even without the game being on. I thought it was a bunch of apps all trying to run even though I hadn't had that problem before but I uninstalled almost every app and it still does it.

Had a few fights where champs stopped fighting for between 1 and 2 seconds...

Android version 8.0
    Motorola Moto G6
    At&t
    Cellular network
  • TheeWolverineTheeWolverine Posts: 77
    iPhone X and iPhone 6plus both running iOS 12 Beta. X running really hot after just 2 min of game play. Phone went from 92% charge to 2% in 10 min and phone shut off, like battery dead. Plugged it in charger took 15 min to turn back on and was at 94% charge when it did. Thought it was just IOS 12 Beta but now I see it's the stupid game. And 19.0 has been out for 3 days now no fix, still no compensation from last weeks server outage and now all iPhone players and some other phones same issue. Seriously think it's time to delete, delete and delete!!!
  • Torpido12Torpido12 Posts: 10
    Phone: iphone 7 plus
    Tmobile
    Restart Problem with wifi and cellular
  • RtbssRtbss Posts: 1
    Iphone 6
    IOS 11.4
    WIFI 5G or 2.4 G
    Internet speed 1 GIG FTTH
    Speed test approved on the phone!

The game starts perfectly and no lag issue and no overheating for at least 10-15 minutes of game play then I need to close the game and wait to cool down.
    The game is still playable after 20 minutes with overheating you could still play 10-15 minutes with no lag then it starts going really slow. takes for ever to go fight to fight.

KABAM all we want is you guys figure stuff out before doing updates. so many people are struggling and this need to get address really soon.
    in the past I never got refunded anything for selling my 4 catalyst at the time...

Anyways enough said PLEASE UPDATE THE GAME ASAP
  • BK_1BK_1 Posts: 145
    iOS 11.4
    iPhone X

Phone gets extremely hot after 30 mins of play time - mostly the upper, center area of the phone.
  • Phone crashes and gets hot after few mins of play. Too afraid to play the game now. Hope it gets fixed soon
  • MN2HughesMN2Hughes Posts: 21
    Device and Model: iPhone 7+
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular Verizon and WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 19.0.0
    Game Mode: Happens across all game modes
    Description of the Issue:
    1. Phone gets hot first
    2. Sound then cuts out
    3. There is a delay in play causing champs not to block or parry in time.
    4. Longer loading times between screen, pausing effect (lag)
    5. Unable to turn up volume, swipe up or down on screen does not bring up notifications or the control panel of the iPhone.
    6. Game freezes, however the actions are still running in the back ground, I have experienced a return to sound like a buffer of all the sounds being played at once followed by a complete crash of the game.
    7. Holding the power button down for a few seconds will allow me to return to my phones functions after about a minute or so.
    8. Phone has to cool off for about 10 minutes or so before I can re-enter the game.
    9. War, delayed response time resulted in loss of champs.

I love this game, but am currently unable to play arena, or any other game modes for any length of time.

As a side note I play a variety of other games, all with pretty intense visual effects and none have had any of the aforementioned problems. I stopped by the geek squad today at Best Buy, and met a fellow MCOC player who stated he is not running it all right now because the over hearing could damage his iPhone, he is experiencing the same problems, while not quite as severely as mine on his iPhone X
  • GorofaizGorofaiz Posts: 56
    iPad Pro 10.5
    WiFi
    iOS 11.4
    Game 19.0

iPad becomes really hot after 10 minutes playing. Really uncomfortable.
    Sometimes lag / uncompleted animations in Arena.
  • My IPhone 7 froze 4 times, and I had to reset it each time. Volume bottoms unresponsive, the whole phone was unresponsive and then crashed. The battery was boiling.
    iPhone 7 11.4
    Ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. Lags as well are getting worse and worse. Especially when I open crystals.
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    iPad 5th gen
    iOS: 11.4
    On WiFi

Did like 3 fights in RoL and my iPad shut itself down, noticed it was very hot down to the right of the home button. Haven’t played and probably won’t try it on my 8+ being I just got it and don’t want to risk ruining it.
  • Morgan0094Morgan0094 Posts: 3
    Device and Model: iPhone 7+
    Device Operating System: 11.4
    WiFi Only and Verizon
    Game Version Installed: 19.0.0
    Game Mode: All available right now: AQ, Arena, New Quest
    Description of the Issue: Phone gets hot which begins to affect all aspects of game: lag, lost sound temporarily, game crashes. Slow reboot.

My phone is overheating and rebooting now....
    nb4ykj0nyuae.jpeg
  • SSGBookerSSGBooker Posts: 11
    OS - iOS 11.4
    Device Model - iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier - AT&T
    Wifi or Cellular Network - Both, but usually on Wifi
  • ProjectPCsProjectPCs Posts: 21
    Similar issues; the rebooting being the biggest problem. Seem to reboot mid-fight if I've been playing a while (30 minutes+). When this happens, the phone is considerably warmer than Normal.

iPhone 7+
    uhadrnn6022f.jpeg
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Phone: iPhone 8 Plus
    iOS: 14.0
    Carrier: Verizon
    Use cellular besides updating...
    I stop playing when it gets hot and it doesn’t shut down but if I don’t it will shut down. Doesn’t take much time.. 30 min maybe 40.
    This is insane.
  • DannyJayyDannyJayy Posts: 32
    edited July 2018
    iPhone 7 Plus. IOS 11.4 Phone shuts off. Freezes. Screen goes blank till hard restart. Game performance awful. Remove contest app, all back to normal. Reset phone as new with most recent backup. With champions installed, same problems. Get rid of champions app, reset, all good. Unfortunately been playing the game for years with lots invested at this point. So will this ever be fixed? Phone runs like badly coded malware / spyware installed when app installed.
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    They always said it was your server issue, now it’s your hardware issue!!!
  • BadFellaBadFella Posts: 1
    Device Model : iPhone 6s
    Carrier: Airtel IN
    Wifi or Cellular Network: Both

Phone runs hot to the touch after approx. 20 mins. Phone froze twice within 10 mins. Had to reboot phone couple of times.
  • itsvinuraitsvinura Posts: 6
    Phew i thought i was the only one
    7 plus with 11.4
    Crashes/ freezes/ reboot and heat up the phone
  • AnthonyMiceliAnthonyMiceli Posts: 2
    Glad to see I'm not the only one having iPhone issues with this new update, thought it was my phone at first but it's clearly not the issue anymore. Phone freezes mid-game (usually while in a match) all buttons become unresponsive except Assistive Touch when I have it on, and I mean ALL buttons. After a minute or two of a black screen with loading symbol in thecenter, iPhone does a soft reset and loads back to my lock screen.

OS 11.4
    iPhone 7
    Verizon 4G LTE
This discussion has been closed.