**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Shut down AQ & AW and postpone new season while fixing random shuts off issues

Dear Kabam,
Sincerely, please consider postpone new AQ/AW season and shut down current AW for the time being while you are "investigating a fix" for the new update. The unbearable lagging, heating up phone and random shuts off during play is not tolerable in critical team events i.e AQ and AW. Especially with the ridiculously expensive alliance portions and the new AQ and AW changes.
To be honest, all these kind of performance issues could be easily avoided if there is enough QA process in your release process. Since you rush to push out new content, at least have the decency to admit mistakes and taking measures to mitigate the damage to your play bases. Please shut down AQ/AW and postpone the start of new season of AW/AQ until you finish your investigation and have a solution.

Thanks

Comments

• Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    Completely agree. Doubt they will though, not when they can turn a profit from it...
  • BigAZGVBigAZGV Posts: 2
    The phone shutting down randomly is very problematic and continues to happen to me during arenas and other game play. If this happens during wars or AQs it would be a complete waist of resources. Not only that but what is this update doing to our devices that would cause it to restart or shut down is there any risks to our devices???
  • OldriderOldrider Posts: 8
    Good gosh, l thought my iphone is playing up. Its a relieve to know its the update that causing the auto shutdown. Totally agree to shelve AQ n AW
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    It could be the heating issue causing the automatic shutdown. Most devices will shut down when they overheat.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    There’s too many processes running.. causes the phone to heat up. The phone has a security mesasure to shot down to protect itself from damage. Best way to remember this and keep playing is play in smaller doses. Don’t play long periods. Try to do your aq aw moves and fights when you first open your phone rather than after a bunch of arena or questing. Since I’ve done shorter play periods I haven’t had any shut downs. Not a long term fix at all, they need to release a new update. Will keep you able to do the crucial stuff.
  • NewYorkSmittyNewYorkSmitty Posts: 67
    Completely agree. Doubt they will though, not when they can turn a profit from it...

Very silly statement. There’s no money to be made if your consumer can’t consume.

The reason they won’t is because history has shown the minute they shut some modes down in order to ensure stability, the collective community will lose their minds. So there’s that.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★

Very silly statement. There’s no money to be made if your consumer can’t consume.

The reason they won’t is because history has shown the minute they shut some modes down in order to ensure stability, the collective community will lose their minds. So there’s that.

It's funny you say that, because in the post where they delay the revamps to alliance events and alliance quest there's a bunch of people getting mad at the delay because they aren't experiencing the lag

I mean, any which way we're still just going to end up whining about something or other, aren't we
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Even if they fix it next month they will turn this overheating problem into a champs Sig ability.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    My phone doesn’t shut off but it does heat up which is annoying. But a bunch of my alliance members say that the app crashes and everything. So I do agree. Postpone seasons. No need to stop war in general but postpone seasons for sure.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    It could be the heating issue causing the automatic shutdown. Most devices will shut down when they overheat.

This is 100% what's causing the random shut downs...

My iPhone gets so hot it's uncomfortable to hold, so I stop playing. Those with heavy cases on their phones may not feel the heat, and keep playing, thereby making the phone overheat, and causing the "random" resets.

Let me be clear- You will BRICK your phone by doing this. Check your battery health on iOS. Some have lost 50% of their NEW battery health (meaning that now their devices only charge to 50% of max capacity forever) SINCE 19.0 was released.

I have deleted MCOC from my phone (so I'm not tempted to play) and will not log in again until someone @ Kabam has stated unequivocally that this is FIXED. I can't risk my $1000 plus device for this game.
  • WalkinhighlightWalkinhighlight Posts: 134
    My iPad goes black with a loading circle and then it shuts down the game. I havent seen that problem on my galaxy note 8, but if playing on data and not WiFi, phone heats up rather quickly.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    It's clear from these compensation packages they aren't interested in helping or listening to the player base, so I would expect and anticipate both war and quest to start up as planned from Kabam. They don't care. They don't care about your phone or overheating or lost items or lost time and resources, they got their money from July 4th and the top players are happy. Don't expect anything ever again like we got for any previous errors on their part, that veil of some kind of care for their players is completely gone now.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    My 8 plus just during normal play is getting hot enough that the screen dims dramatically to prevent it from getting even hotter. I haven't had it shut off yet. I have been taking it out of its case to help it stay cool, but this is crazy.
    Yay for the screen going dim right as I start a main boss fight in war against a 5/65 medusa!