**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] Lag and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Ortem420Ortem420 Posts: 76
    Device and Model: iPhone 6 & 5S
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4 (Latest Build)
    Cellular or WiFi: Both - Cellular Company At&t and Wi-Fi Provider Spectrum
    Game Version Installed: 19.0.0
    Game Mode: Alliance War, Story Event, Arenas
    Description of the Issue: I've noticed wnv I am fighting against any opponent that has a ton of effects added to his attacks, the game starts glitching and lagging. Example, if I am fighting "Mordo", his SP2 causes a huge lag due to the effect it contains. The same with "Bishops" SP1-3, or if I'm using "The Void" and the opponent has special effects added to his attacks, the whole match is very laggy and slow responding. Recently, it has been with almost anybody I am using and/or fighting against. Wnv I use any of my SP's, the game starts to slow down and the touch response is a bit late. It doesn't matter what mode of the game i'm in. AW, Quest, Story Mode or Arenas. The lag has been more constant ever since the new update. I've reset my phones, deleted pics, apps, cache, have had it off for about 2-3 hours to let it cool and I still keep getting the same response. And these issues occur on both my devices. Also, both devices are 64g and I'm only using about 14g of memory.
  • BigTuna13BigTuna13 Posts: 43
    edited July 2018
    Device and model: iphone 8+, 256gb on AT&T
    Software: iOS 11.4

Details:
    Phone becomes too hot to handle even after just a handful of fights. Causes battery to drain quickly, and poses risk of causing permanent damage to my device. Also: the load time in between arena fights, quest fights, and moving between menu screens is extended.

Spoke to Apple support, and was told that this is not covered by warranty since the issue falls on a 3rd Party application. Have been also told by another Apple rep to not participate in-game until a fix is issued. Multiple complaints made from many in my alliance, and other alliances as well.

5ibehlnyt5cs.jpeg

Please help! Kabam I'm losing precious Arena time for your new champion in Ghost as a 4* featured, as well as my off day to complete the Uncollected monthly event. Plus AW!
  • MN2HughesMN2Hughes Posts: 21
    Device and Model: iPhone 7+
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular Verizon and WiFi
    Game Mode: Happens across all game modes
    Description of the Issue:
    1. Phone gets hot first
    2. Sound then cuts out
    3. There is a delay in play causing champs not to block or parry in time.
    4. Longer loading times between screen, pausing effect (lag)
    5. Unable to turn up volume, swipe up or down on screen does not bring up notifications or the control panel of the iPhone.
    6. Game freezes, however the actions are still running in the back ground, I have experienced a return to sound like a buffer of all the sounds being played at once followed by a complete crash of the game.
    7. Holding the power button down for a few seconds will allow me to return to my phones functions after about a minute or so.
    8. Phone has to cool off for about 10 minutes or so before I can re-enter the game.
    9. War, delayed response time resulted in loss of champs.

I love this game, but am currently unable to play arena, or any other game modes for any length of time.

As a side note I play a variety of other games, all with pretty intense visual effects and none have had any of the aforementioned problems. I stopped by the geek squad today at Best Buy, and met a fellow MCOC player who stated he is not running it all right now because the over hearing could damage his iPhone, he is experiencing the same problems, while not quite as severely as mine on his iPhone X

@Kabam Miike
  • SleekbeamerSleekbeamer Posts: 3
    My phone keeps freezing up and d game app keeps saying error. We need a new and better update pls. The game make my phone very hot and when hv been on the game for just 5mins it goes off and crashes. It then resets my iPhone to its lock screen where I hv to renter my pin code. We need a better version of d recent update pls.
  • leftliberleftliber Posts: 2
    Device and Model: iPhone X
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 851312 (as shown in configuration)
    Game Mode: Happens across all game modes
    Description of the Issue: Phone gets really hot by playing no more than 5 minutes. Movements eventually become slow and touch doesn't work. Sometimes it causes my phone to completely stop working. I don't understand why this kind of stupid bug happens to game of over 4 years old. Don't you have any test or QA team?? How on earth could this stupid, immature, rudimentary issue happens?
  • VortenusVortenus Posts: 26
    Device and Model: iPad Air
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Description of the Issue: Lag and framedrops. Every game mod. Not every time but i'd say 80% of the fights are unplayable because of it. Surprisingly my iPad is not overheating.
  • Device and Model: iPhone 6S
    Game Version Installed: latest update
    Game Mode: Happens across all game modes and ieven while not even playing a match

Description of the Issue:
    - Phone heating up untill its literally too hot to handle.
    - Battery draining like crazy. Like 27% battery gone in 3 minutes of ingame activity.
    - My battery state is truly damaged according to apple diagnostics. It has lost 5% of its capacity during an hour of gaming.
    - Game freezes. Both heroes just stand there and nothing happens for 1-2 sec. Then game continues.
    - Crazy lag and framedrops. To the point of becoming unplayable.

Needless to say im not playing anymore cuz of the risk of properly damaging my phone. I only log in twice a day for calender and some daily crystals.
  • luga123luga123 Posts: 8
    any fix on iphone 6s overheating and battery drain?
    it happens everytime i open this game, im getting scared that my iphone be destroyed due to overheating.
    ally suggested re installing the app, so i deleted it, then at downloading it heats up faster, even hotter.
    need help on this matter, dont want to destroy my phone but want to continue playing mcoc, i fear for any permanent damage this overheating problem may cause to my phone.
    cant play arena too much now, and playing with android now, but dont want to inflict any damage to my android too

• drakan73drakan73 Posts: 2
    Device and Model: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S Plus
    Device Operating System: 11.4
    Game Version Installed: 19.0
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: after 19.0 patch, both phones experience performance decay after 10-20 minutes of active play (eg. Arena). The issue begins when the device become hotter as play time passes, battery goes down drastically (after a full 1 hour round of Arena I must recharge the 6S Plus, the 6 one become unusable a lot sooner). In game any loading times become longer, but matches' gameplay doesn't suffer of any lag. Sometimes game crashes and the phone returns in on lock screen. Standing still doesn't cause the phone become hot but drains battery though.
    I will point out that obviously the issue is more relevant on the older (by model, not by age, both phones had just passed one year and a half of life) one than on 6s plus, but last month (patch 18.x) the gameplay was fine. The iphone 6 device had same issue when there were the dungeons, but it was understandable.
    On an iPad 2017, same IOS and game patch the game runs fine indeed, only the crash issue is present.
  • PH_JunkyPH_Junky Posts: 10
    Device: iPhone 7+
    System: ios 11.4
    Cell.&wifi: same issues
    Game mode: all

Phone is warming up already after first 15mins of play. At some point,screen freezes,then goes black...none of the buttons respond...in approx. 2-3 mins goes into a soft reboot and I find myself in a screen to enter my pin.
    Have issues also with other apps if I switch between screens while in a game.

Everything started with the latest game update. Fix the issue assap until you did not face any cases with exploding batteries due to overheating from the game...you guys may face serious legal & financial consequences!!
  • Brusier_1Brusier_1 Posts: 5
    Device and model- iPhone 7
    Device operating system- iOS 11.4
    WiFi and cellular (AT&T)
    Game version- 19.0.0
    Game mode- all

Issue description- As many folks have described, mine gets hot, then it will shut off. Sometimes when I've seen it lagging I've gone over to another app like FB and it's frozen...like my phone won't react to any touch to open anything else. So I have to reboot it. I've even had a couple calls that were not pushed through while playing the game. Usually if I get a call it'll override MCOC or any other open app...not while this version of the game is running. Been playing this game for a long time and I've never seen issues as bad as these.
  • 5C0T5C0T Posts: 28
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi (I don't ever play on cellular)
    Game Version Installed: Version 19.0.0
    Game Mode: Event Quests, Arena
    Description of the Issue: Overheating, battery drain, phone shut down, game lag
  • Ldiddy857Ldiddy857 Posts: 2
    Cellular or WiFi: Both WiFi and Cellular. what is your mobile carrier? AT&T
    Game Mode: All Game Modes (Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.)
    Description of the Issue: I have been having the same issues as many others have had. After playing for several minutes(~10-20 mins) my battery drains extremely fast, game lags and speeds up, I get a black screen with a spinning wheel icon and then it goes to the unlock code screen and the battery gets extremely hot.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Device and Model: iPad Pro 9.7
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi, I only play via WiFi
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest, Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Heating a few minutes into playing. Lagging, freezing, and crashing. Affects my device itself, it does not take inputs and would be unresponsive. Had to hard reset a couple of times already
  • LilbeargrrLilbeargrr Posts: 27
    iPhone 6s
    Both WiFi And cellular
    Game is unplayable! lag is every few seconds and game keeps crashing...both my iPad and my iPhone are over heating as well
    I can’t get thru a single fight without using potions ... please don’t just fix this but potion compensation would be the ethical thing to do.. trying to finish Evangeline but I literally cannot due to lag before event is over ...
  • AT3000AT3000 Posts: 7
    Device and Model: Iphone 8
    Device Operating System: 11.4
    Game Mode: ALL
    Description of the Issue: Lagg in menus, phone overheating, dosent react on swiping back, defenders auto blocks in middle of combos in AW (not just medusa)
  • Phone2312Phone2312 Posts: 87
    I’ve already posted regarding the last lag issue. It went away and now it’s back, but A LOT worse. I can barely play the game. All areas of the game are affected including even the load of the General home screen. Needs to be fixed ASAP or we can’t play.

iPhone 6s
    iOS 11.4
  • BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    iPhone X
    iOS 11
    WiFi/cellular
    Most recent version (Never happened pre 12.0)
    Extreme over heating after 10-15 minuets game play.

Even if just menu flipping or looking at champions.

I will take a video of my save in case something goes wrong.
  • Axle1281Axle1281 Posts: 12

Device and Model: iPhone 6 Plus
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.3
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and Cellular
    Game Version Installed: 17.2.0
    Game Mode: Arena, Quests, AW, AQ
    Description of the Issue: General lag throughout the entire game. The app makes my phone over-heat after about 15 minutes and needs to be restarted. If not restarted my phone shuts off. This issue has costed me about 1500 units betweens rewards and trying to complete uncollected. A fix and appropriate compensation would be much appreciated.
  • ShnapperShnapper Posts: 15
    edited July 2018
    Iphone 7+
    ios 11.4
    wifi

Device getting hot, lock up, black screen, other apps freeze(gmail etc etc)

Requires hard reset...

Seems my troubles start when I let the game time out and my phone wants to sleep due to inactivity(ai play). The game keeps cranking and when I go to wake up my phone it’s hot and freaks out.
    Game play for me is ok, but my iphone heats quickly and I’m going to stop playing until this is fixed. Something is obviously not proper...
  • Ortem420Ortem420 Posts: 76
    Ortem420 wrote: »
    Device and Model: iPhone 6 & 5S
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4 (Latest Build)
    Cellular or WiFi: Both - Cellular Company At&t and Wi-Fi Provider Spectrum
    Game Mode: Alliance War, Story Event, Arenas
    Description of the Issue: I've noticed wnv I am fighting against any opponent that has a ton of effects added to his attacks, the game starts glitching and lagging. Example, if I am fighting "Mordo", his SP2 causes a huge lag due to the effect it contains. The same with "Bishops" SP1-3, or if I'm using "The Void" and the opponent has special effects added to his attacks, the whole match is very laggy and slow responding. Recently, it has been with almost anybody I am using and/or fighting against. Wnv I use any of my SP's, the game starts to slow down and the touch response is a bit late. It doesn't matter what mode of the game i'm in. AW, Quest, Story Mode or Arenas. The lag has been more constant ever since the new update. I've reset my phones, deleted pics, apps, cache, have had it off for about 2-3 hours to let it cool and I still keep getting the same response. And these issues occur on both my devices. Also, both devices are 64g and I'm only using about 14g of memory.

Ever since yesterday when I added this post. The gameplay went from bad to worse. Continuous las throughout the whole game. Loading, menu scrolling, defender placement, character upgrade, editing team for attack, reward collecting, etc etc. But that’s just the tipping point. The worst is that now, because of the constant lag and heat it’s been causing to my devices (mainly the iPhone 6), it has ruined my battery life to the point where I had it plugged in for about an hour or so, went from 20% to 24%. IN AN HOUR!! Are you kidding me!?!? My phone would always be fully charged in an hour. I don’t plug it in and continue using it. I always plug it in, let it fully charge (which usually takes 40-60 mins depending on how much battery life I have left), then I unplug it and I’ll use or just let it sit if I’m doing something else. I never leave it plugged in after it’s fully charged. I know how to care for my phones. I still have an LG v10 and Volt 2 that function like if they were new. Never had to buy a replacement battery for either one. Fully charged the V10 last me a bit over a whole day. With me using it to play Marvel, or other games I have on it. Surf the web, listen to music or watch videos. The volt 2 last me almost 2 days. Same amount of use (I have 4 accounts). And I’ve owned them for almost a year. I barely have 4 months with my iPhone and now I need a new battery because this new update has totally ruined my original one. Apple won’t cover it if it’s not an internal problem or if it’s caused by faulty third party apps or software. I know you guys are hard at work trying to find a solution to this problem. But please, try to find one quickly. I can’t be buying a new battery every other month. Nor can I risk ruining my iPhone over a game I enjoy and love playing. But neither can I just stop playing completely seeing as how My Alliance needs me. I apologize for the long post and constant complaints. I just don’t think it’s fair that we should be going through this at all. How can a simple update be causing so much damage to so many ppl yet we still don’t have a solution or answer to this?
  • TLDUBSTLDUBS Posts: 5
    edited July 2018
    Model: iPhone 7 Plus
    Device operating system: 11.4(15F79)
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular and WiFi
    Game version installed: 19.0.0 Return to micro realm
    Game Mode: Story quests and Arena
    Description of error: latency in game as I attempt to block and the opponents enables a power move/ player seems to be stuck and vulnerable for attackers. Phone gets hot during game play, restarts during play, Keyboard and screen becomes stuck or lags, also my parry rarely works, and I spent money on credits trying to complete one of the quests spent about half then decided it was this game as my players kept getting powered through by low ranked non duped opponents
  • mr2king2mr2king2 Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    Device and Model: iPad 2017 (A1822)
    Game Version Installed: 17.2.0
    Game Mode: Arena, EQ & AW
    Description of the Issue: General lag. My champions are not responding with the same speed as earlier. The frames between the movements of the champions can be seen. Overall there is no smooth transition, feels clunky.
    The iPad is getting heated too quickly and I am unable to play more than 15 min of game play.
  • LeonBeni93LeonBeni93 Posts: 69
    Model : iPhone 7
    Device operating system: iOS 11.4
    Cellular or WiFi : Cellular and WiFi
    Game Mode: Story quests,arena,AQ,AW
    Description of error: Phone is overheating after no more than 15mins of playing, then it drains power like crazy and lags a lot,frame rate dropping a lot and sometimes buttons not responding properly!Sometimes phones even kicks me out and restarts, and even other apps won't work till phone cools down. Please note that other apps work fine and don't overheat the phone, but when I play mcoc and the phone overheats then 5 mins of cool down is must for phone to work properly again.Hope you fix this asap, we are seriously concerned about damaging our phones, and have reduced a lot our playing time!
  • Savvy44Savvy44 Posts: 2
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Cartier: EE
    Game Mode: all modes and screens
    Description of the Issue: Screen goes black every few seconds and becomes unresponsive. Screen comes back occasionally when I press the home button but not long enough to play any game modes.
  • Reevesy01Reevesy01 Posts: 79
    Device and Model: Apple ipad 5th Generation
    Device Operating System: ios 11.2.1
    Game Mode: arena, Event quest and menu screen
    Description of the Issue: in the menu screens game freezes from 5 secs upto a minute, during gameplay game will either force close or completely restart my ipad.
  • I don't feel like I should be giving you input, If you want to make a game I expect a well functioning game. Don;t care about all the side-quest's and stuff going on every time. Just want aq, aw, mont event and story quest to function properly. A timing-based game with lag is just frustrating. losing a fight because of a bug and spent units to proceed. Hope you fix it, or i'm out
  • PsychochemiaPsychochemia Posts: 1
    Device and Model: Iphone 6s plus
    Device Operating System: ios 11.3
    Game Mode: arena, Event quest and menu screen
    Description of the Issue: lag in champ’s block, glitches in all arena and suddenly your SP went zero and your enemy hit you with SP3.
    Sometimes, sound effect was gone and screen became dark and need to do hardreset during the fight.
    The phone became very hot after few fightings
This discussion has been closed.