**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Downtime Compensation [Merged Threads]

Comments

• ILovePoniesILovePonies Posts: 158
    So I have just read your post about he people affected by this..

Not a single thing mentioned about LEGEND..

I was at the end of my legend run and this downtime affected my run.

This is not fair on all people at all, you have built a reasonable resolution for the goldpool arena people that were affected. But the EQ legend may need reassessing.. (if the legend was still available on that)

Also the legend results for antman quest needs reassessing. Any players affected need to either be refunded/rewarded for this.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Compensation: something, typically money, awarded to someone as a recompense for loss, injury, or suffering.

That's the definition... I just felt like leaving it here since Kabam doesn't seem to know what the word means.
  • ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    double this probably would've been the correct call but it is what it is.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Compensation: something, typically money, awarded to someone as a recompense for loss, injury, or suffering.

That's the definition... I just felt like leaving it here since Kabam doesn't seem to know what the word means.

I think I'll just take my compensation in the form of money please... It was $100 dollars for a full 5* crystal on the 4th, so that'll be $15 (.15*100). I'll put that towards buying a new phone that I can burn up after 5 minutes of playing.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    So I have just read your post about he people affected by this..

Not a single thing mentioned about LEGEND..

I was at the end of my legend run and this downtime affected my run.

This is not fair on all people at all, you have built a reasonable resolution for the goldpool arena people that were affected. But the EQ legend may need reassessing.. (if the legend was still available on that)

Also the legend results for antman quest needs reassessing. Any players affected need to either be refunded/rewarded for this.

Event Quest or The Wasp (Lilly) Challenge? Event Quest legend opportunity ended a week before the outage even occurred. But the Lilly Challenge you might have a legit query on.
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    This compensation announcement went over all sorts of content affected by the outage except one, AW. We lost our war due to not being able to play the last several hours of war, as we were well ahead in attack bonus but only behind by a boss kill at the time of the outage. Because we slipped tiers, we even spent some items to make sure we would win and get back up to tier 2. No consideration for the effect this had on AW?

I’m no idiot - I know there’s no chance you would adjust your compensation. But be a little more thorough next time and know that even with this compensation, most of us still feel as though you’ve let us down.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Well not only is Kabam compensating barely, but, they’re also deleting any posts about the compensation...
  • RockonRockon Posts: 271
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    why is everyone so up in arms about this? You should be directing your attention to other issues. I'll take the free stuff all day. If you think that the game being down for 10 hours is worth more than 1500 5* shards you're crazy. that's 150 5* shards for every hour they were down. Plus all the other stuff they giving us. I'm pretty happy with it.

i agree but my hands are also constantly warm since update 19.0, my phone gets hot just playing the game.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    So this fix comes for FTP issues while the thousands of us who spent $500+ continue to have to wait for a simple crystal to be issued to our accounts.

Because, you know, priorities and all
  • sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 239 ★★
    Are they trying to get everyone to quit? Cause with all the recent problems that make playing an unpleasant experience, many people are angry... And what they give us in order to apologise for not fixing simple bugs (failing to do their jobs, which is to programm the game and not milk the whales) is at least laughable at. All of that while they release more and more unobtainable champions for free to play players, without revamping old ones. Last year we had 5.000 5star shards only from a calendar, but now that you would expect them to be more common, they give just 1.500. You can keep your pathetic amount of "compensation" kabam, great job for destroying the game simply because you dont care about it, but about the money it provides you.
  • TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    Yeah. Garbage as usual. Idk why people thought They will get something decent.

Probably cause Kabam took so long to decide what’s the least amount they should give
    The lily challenge yes.. few paths to the end.. was breezing through it.. full suicides.. expensive none farmable boosts used. Send a ticket to kabam.. never got a satisfactory response. Antman challenge for legend seriously needs additional people to be awarded legend for anyone who was in a legit attempt. Or some sort of compensation tor reward all items used. Totally not fair at all, whole legend run ruined and ZERO compensation or resolution.
  • UndeadUndead Posts: 27
    If I'm not mistaken the game was down several times before that.
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 516 ★★★
    I don't want to complain about compensation,but it was a 12 hour server maintenance(server crash),it feels like 1500 5* shards is a little bit low,at least you can give 1/4 of a 5* crystal (2500 5* shards) , I don't wanna seem as greedy,but it's my opinion,consider it or not.
  • Darkrider05Darkrider05 Posts: 288 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Will it be at the end of today or is it in next week @Kabam Miike

• sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 239 ★★
    Something has changed. The game took a good turn last summer, where rewards were more common and the bugs were less. Fast forward a couple of months and there are almost no bug fixes, accesibility of shards for the basic player hasn't changed and the only champs we get are magiks 2.0. Add to that that the developers dont care about the playerbase. Not talking about miike and the others in the forum, but the ones that give them orders. Something needs to be done
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Well at least the thread where the OG Mods came down to earth from the Olympus and talked to us to keep us at ease and not faint out downgame anxiety was really good... even better than the "compensation" we had just been handed :D
  • Kdog76Kdog76 Posts: 60
    Underwhelmed. Not surprised unfortunately. I guess the fact that we get anything is better than most apps, but still expected more than a few shards. There was a chance to wow the community here that was lost. This was a very cheap approach to a bad experience that left most players very frustrated. I remember the “my contest was not running up to my standards” comp we used to get- they were way better than this. Come on folks...aspire to be better than this.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Shrinidhi wrote: »
    Will it be at the end of today or is it in next week @Kabam Miike

Early next week
    n39hu31uj2zt.png
  • Cowboyschamploo1Cowboyschamploo1 Posts: 414 ★★★
    "which is why there's a bunch of energy refills and 5* shards in the package"😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    This isnt even a real compensation, is just bs of an excuse, they had us lingering while they throw the 4th deals, they must have earnt a pretty penny for that, otherwise the compensation wouldnt have been this awful, total disrespect to all your player base which such a weak action, so sad
    Plus @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Loto this thread is not needing to be merged with the other one/closed down as resolved because the legend aspect of it is 100 percent not resolved.
  • MaximumCrashMaximumCrash Posts: 111
    @Kabam Miike The issue is not necessarily the fact that device problems and server issues are unrelated which I agree are from a technical stand point but what the issue now is perception. Its been a cascade effect with small bugs turning into a major server outage and now symptoms actually effecting devices. I am happy with the compensation given and I seemed to have gotten my phone to stop over heating but more clarity than "we are working on it" is needed. Maybe just me but even just a more frequent update for others to know its not an issue being pushed under the rug.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Kdog76 wrote: »
    Underwhelmed. Not surprised unfortunately. I guess the fact that we get anything is better than most apps, but still expected more than a few shards. There was a chance to wow the community here that was lost. This was a very cheap approach to a bad experience that left most players very frustrated. I remember the “my contest was not running up to my standards” comp we used to get- they were way better than this. Come on folks...aspire to be better than this.

Actually all games I have played always gave out rewards when something went wrong and never have they had huge problems like this or waited until the next year to give them out.