**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Downtime Compensation [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Oroku_SakiOroku_Saki Posts: 167
    I think the mods are going to love you less than you love ponies...
  • ILovePoniesILovePonies Posts: 158
    Oroku_Saki wrote: »
    I think the mods are going to love you less than you love ponies...

I don’t love ponies just a random name I thought of for the forums hahahaha
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Noob2435 wrote: »
    Kdog76 wrote: »
    Underwhelmed. Not surprised unfortunately. I guess the fact that we get anything is better than most apps, but still expected more than a few shards. There was a chance to wow the community here that was lost. This was a very cheap approach to a bad experience that left most players very frustrated. I remember the “my contest was not running up to my standards” comp we used to get- they were way better than this. Come on folks...aspire to be better than this.

Actually all games I have played always gave out rewards when something went wrong and never have they had huge problems like this or waited until the next year to give them out.

The worst part of this whole thing is they never tell us what went wrong. It’s basically “here’s this pittance, forget this ever happened”
  • DragonFire2DragonFire2 Posts: 181
    I wasn’t in a legend run but I was in the middle of act 5, which I’ve spent a fair amount of revives on. Would’ve been nice to even have a couple given back for that but oh well.
  • ILovePoniesILovePonies Posts: 158
    I wasn’t in a legend run but I was in the middle of act 5, which I’ve spent a fair amount of revives on. Would’ve been nice to even have a couple given back for that but oh well.

But you were doing a piece of content that is available if and when you want to do it.. legend is a one off attempt to compete in, and a server outage ruins your attempt. Once your kicked out the game your legend run is gone

• Ol_BarceOl_Barce Posts: 42
    Kabam should be giving more, this is virtually nothing. Given the state of the game and how angry everyone is they should be trying to smooth things over.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    :-1: my only question is since EQ and AW cant be measured wouldn't it better since to give revives and potion is those areas as part of the deal, Shards and Energy refills are nice but what about people that use boost, revives, potion etc, something is always better than nothing but this right here is saying Hey Summoners here's my middle finger, im not asking for free stuff just for a company who relies on us the players to keep running to do whats right by us because when its time to whale out you guys are more than happy with the amount of revenue this game generates but when we are affected its like oh lets take our time, eg oh free revives lets fix that immediately now domino is braking blocks eh lets take some time until next month update oh wait it came out and its still broken ok lets wait until September.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    sense* ^
  • AakashAakash Posts: 340
    So Im from India and I woke up around 7AM and the game was down and I couldn’t login till the game went up around 3:30 PM my time. Now the compensation post says that all summoners who were in game “prior” to the outages will get the compensation. So does that mean that even tho I couldn’t grind and play in my prime time I wouldn’t get any compensation except AQ crystals?
  • KbugiiKbugii Posts: 167 ★★
    @Kabam Miike what about glory and so on? My alliance calculated it out and we lost 13k points in aq total which did not allow us to get our usual 125k milestone. This was not our fault that the aq was down for more than 1/3 of the entire run.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Honestly I hope you guys fix this, you see many people very unhappy about this. As a company you such try your best to make players happy when things aren't going well and considering the fact iphone users are using their phone as a heater now well playing mcoc, now would be a great time to give out a little better rewards even if what you plan on giving out is "fair" in your guys mind.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    TheKiryu wrote: »
    Thanks for your feedback Summoners,

It's important to remember a few things here. First, the first and foremost goal of these kinds of compensation are to make up for what you missed during the downtime. We want to make sure that all events affected had a resolution, and that any affected Summoner has the situation rectified for them. Compensation packages are not about "Free stuff". The only events that we can't measure how players were affected specifically were things like Event Quest, and Alliance Wars, which is why there are Energy Refills and 5-Star Shards in the package as well.

Secondly, I see a lot of people bringing up the last compensation package that went out. That one was a different situation where it was not possible for us to address every event that was affected because of the repeated downtimes during the month of March. That package was also for an entire month, and not a single night.

And Lastly, we're seeing some comments on other issues, such as problems with devices. This is completely unrelated, and something that we are still investigating.

That is fair enough. But Kabam has been extremely naughty and incompetent lately with all update issues,downtime more than once, aw issues, champion bugs(like domino block break- that is costing a lot in items btw, same as overheat issue when in aq aw), leaving 5* gem outside from cash deals and so on and so forth.

Therefore majority of player base assumed that the inadequate long time taken by Kabam to agree on compensation kinda implied that you will try to mend things with summoners and surprise us with something nice for once.

Obviously that is not the case, and it’s fair enough, but with how massive these threads about compensation are, and with the posts people left there if anyone of u had bothered to actually read them , and responded with this exact message before the announcement, you would have avoided this false hope people had.

I mean would it have been so hard to post this exact message on Monday stating that compensation will be exclusive for this and that and will have nothing to do with anything Kabam has **** up lately?

Regardless,hope u take ur time to read this and respond

I'm sorry if we ever gave the impression that this was for anything more than the Outage. I thought we were pretty clear on that from the beginning.

These cases you have brought up are all different issues, and are not related to this at all. If any of them require compensation for themselves, that will be separate, not included here.

That’s the problem though. You guys only think of bare minimums. Some alliances may have been unable to complete AQ because the game was down for 12 hours. That could have affected their whole AQ series and dropped them a rank. They could have missed out on T4B/C glory, and more crystals from milestones. Also most people would agree that a little something extra would be given for the inconvenience just to show they care and they value their player base. I’m not talking a whole 5*/6* crystal or AG, but maybe another 1-2k shards. It’s not game breaking and it won’t stop people from buying stuff from you I promise.

TL:DR I think you guys missed the full scope and did the bare minimum. I think you guys could’ve done better.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    I understand wanting to compensate for what was happening during the downed servers, but again, no reason not to overcompensate at least a little bit, it must be obvious that people are upset about the maintenance (and other issues but I guess that’s not related) so...yeah, what everyone else said, this compensation for our level of time invested waiting for updates and hoping for Kabam to redeem themselves and become our favorite company’s again...it’s being treated like not that big of a deal...just one mans opinion
  • dcw_dcw_ Posts: 130
    Why was there no mention of the huge amount of time invested in these modes that were essentially wasted, along with the frustration felt by all effected?
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    I really hope they compensate all people that tried to log in during the down time. I'm in a similar situation. I woke up extremely early (long live babies) about an hour after the downtime hit us all. I wouldn't have been able to grind arena until the evening (and the game was back up by then) but I always autobattle my energy away and I would have been able to do that, press help and use a second batch of full energy later.
  • LifesGambitLifesGambit Posts: 13
    Just read the plan for compensation. It mentions nearly every game mode affected except AW. The game was down during the last 3 hours of attack phase, as a result players who log in at this time couldn't make moves on the last parts of their paths. Seems like most will argue that the other alliance couldn't log in either. This is true, but their play time for their time zone was early before game went down and they were done in war. Long story short we always 100% attack phase and could not because game was down. Lost AW
  • Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 380 ★★
    Nope. It means any account which is created after maintenance will not be compensate. If you have an account before game down you'll be compensated.
  • TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike so you are saying that once domino block break and overheat issues have been fixed we will get another compensation? Cause those have already cost me over an Odin in aq items
  • Joey0480Joey0480 Posts: 100
    You would think you guys are giving away tangible items here. These are digital goods that have no bearing on your profit....if this was handled correctly you would have probably seen profits increase!
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    I understand wanting to compensate for what was happening during the downed servers, but again, no reason not to overcompensate at least a little bit, it must be obvious that people are upset about the maintenance (and other issues but I guess that’s not related) so...yeah, what everyone else said, this compensation for our level of time invested waiting for updates and hoping for Kabam to redeem themselves and become our favorite company’s again...it’s being treated like not that big of a deal...just one mans opinion

Bc for them is not about compensating as much as is reimbursing, do for them minimums are actually "too much" and i insist i think they $ received on the 4thvery likely make them say: "hey this guys still buy, so no reason to overstretch"