**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can we disable AW whilst the over-heating issue is ongoing?

DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
Like you have delayed the new AQ and events, please also take down AW Matchmaking.

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Is the heating problem only for iPhone? Cause my Android doesn't have that issue, there is still lag though
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Is the heating problem only for iPhone? Cause my Android doesn't have that issue, there is still lag though

Mostly Iphone users but I did see on the thread android users saying they were having the same problems. I have the Samsung s9 and I noticed yesterday my phone was getting a bit warm while playing and was charging rather slow but seems to be working okay now.
  • TheDemonTheDemon Posts: 159
    Noob2435 wrote: »

Mostly Iphone users but I did see on the thread android users saying they were having the same problems. I have the Samsung s9 and I noticed yesterday my phone was getting a bit warm while playing and was charging rather slow but seems to be working okay now.

For Android the overheating seems to occur or be more volatile when you try playing while the device is recharging.
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    They at least need to postpone the season start until fixed.
  • Please find the solution for overheating as it is truly problematic for iPhone users
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★

I’m on an iPhone 7 mate yeah and it’s honestly ruining it, can’t even go on for longer than 15mins without the phone fully freezing and needing a hard reset
    Solution was posted before. Don’t log in til it’s fixed. If enough people did the same, it would be fixed pretty fast. But hardly anyone seems to be willing to commit to that when its needed.

That has had to be my solution unfortunately, obvious don’t want to be, but no possible way for me to play to be honest
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    I second this. AW season must not start until iOs fix is released and verified.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I dont know how hot some peoples phones are getting, but I can feel the heat from my iPhone X through the case. Seems its worth quitting until it can be fixed or risk destroying my device :/
  • Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    I’ve uninstalled the game until this issue is resolved. Not risking my phone over a game.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    My android doesnt have this problem. And i say no way should any of this game be disabled. For 98% of the time ive played this game, IOS has has quite an advantage over Android. But the minute android has an advantage, IOSers want to see changes. Let it ride, I say. It'l be nice to see some android users get legends titles for a change.
    My android doesnt have this problem. And i say no way should any of this game be disabled. For 98% of the time ive played this game, IOS has has quite an advantage over Android. But the minute android has an advantage, IOSers want to see changes. Let it ride, I say. It'l be nice to see some android users get legends titles for a change.

I can see your arguement, but there is a slight difference between a couple of seconds faster loading, and then the potential for your phone to overheat/break or even possibly explode.

I’m not saying cancel everything, but surely AW could be disabled whilst the issue is being looked into, that’s much more important than AQ these days even in the off season.

I managed 3 fights in war and my phone went blank, spinny disk and hard reset, now the first were over before the 3 minute timer obviously, so it was around 10mins overall... and it discombobulated my phone.
  • MsDominoMsDomino Posts: 72
    Honestly I support this, the game is completely unplayable as an iOS user right now.

Nothing to do with android having an advantage..it’s not speed that’s the issue but the potential to permanently damage our hardware
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 363 ★★★
    Keep AW running, however don't start AW season 3 till it's fixed.
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    So you want to punish half the game for your device having an issue with it.. sorry but the iOS issue is a minority I'm on iOS no issues..

I wouldn’t call it the minority, I would say you being on IOS and having no issues are in the minority. Seems a lot more are having problems instead of not.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★

Congrats on a stupid post. This has nothing to do with legend titles. It’s about giving up deaths in war because phones are shutting down because of over heating. This is not even counting the possibility of ruining people’s devices. Who cares let it ride because I might get a legend title woohoo! Sheesh

Maybe you missed the point. Which was everything except the legends titles. Android players have had no choice but to drag behind iOS for the majority of the games lifespan. But the minute the balance shifts, an iOS user is asking to shut down a part of the game because of it. I was merely using legends as an example of something iOS players had an unfair advantage over when the shoe was on the other foot, yet nothing was done about that.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★

Some android users are having problems also

Congrats on a stupid post. This has nothing to do with legend titles. It’s about giving up deaths in war because phones are shutting down because of over heating. This is not even counting the possibility of ruining people’s devices. Who cares let it ride because I might get a legend title woohoo! Sheesh

Maybe you missed the point. Which was everything except the legends titles. Android players have had no choice but to drag behind iOS for the majority of the games lifespan. But the minute the balance shifts, an iOS user is asking to shut down a part of the game because of it. I was merely using legends as an example of something iOS players had an unfair advantage over when the shoe was on the other foot, yet nothing was done about that.

I’m not asking for it to be shut down just for me though, I’m asking because it is surely the logical thing to do... especially when minor 1 day events are being postponed and AQ, which are both no where near as beneficial as AW, yet this is being kept live.

I’m not too fussed either way, if they do or don’t, I won’t be going on for longer than 5 minutes, if that costs a war then so be it, not forking out £800+ for a new phone or even risking it, especially with kids and a holiday coming up.

Doesn’t need to get into an argument or a device war, just a suggestion. How minor things can get postponed but war cannot... I can’t understand the logic of the decision. That’s all
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I've played on both platforms for a couple years. As bad as Android players have had it in comparison it's nothing like what's going on now. I could care either way if they shut war down but it's not a fair comparison. I won't use my apple device right now but not everyone has that option when it comes to war. For those dealing with iOS problems right now it's worse than anything any Android user has ever seen. People seriously shouldn't be using the app period.
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★

I think it’s your choice that you has Android.
    And im pretty sure that apple didn’t give money to kabam and said “Hey make this game slightly better than android OS” Point is, What if someone's iphone explodes? For just playing game. Im sure kabam won’t give them money to buy new iphone. Also its very dangerous. They should respect both users and make things right asap.
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    Just keep playing until your phone blows up, if everyone does this that's basically all the money Kabam earned from July 4th to replace phones they managed to blow up with an app... How do you manage to create a remote detonation device on iPhone? Kabam, that's how!
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    So you want to punish half the game for your device having an issue with it.. sorry but the iOS issue is a minority I'm on iOS no issues..

Well boohoo because you want to continue with your progression while others could get screwed from something that is out of their control. Talk about a dumpster fire of a take...