**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• SassyMastySassyMasty Posts: 311
    Hey Kabam,
    I apologize that this doesn't fit the template, but I felt that I needed to say it. I feel like the severity of this issue outweighs the response you've given. People straight up can not play on iPhones and some that do are suffering potentially irreversible damage, and your response is that "you're looking into it"? You could try coming up with a temporary solution, or at the very least release an announcement warning iOS users of the danger of using the game after this previous update. I was honestly surprised that no statement came out when the compensation items statement came out...
  • Guys, dont forget kabam just made millions with these deals on July 4th. They are probably too busy partying and drinking beers to respond. They might respond in a couple of weeks, when the money well runs dry.
  • caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    Game froze became unresponsive. Not playable at times especially in arena.
    Android version 6.0.1
    Samsung galaxy Note 4
  • TKSTKS Posts: 15
    Hey All,

I have a minor update for you all. Unfortunately, it is not "the cure". It looks like the worst offenders in this thread are all iOS Devices on iOS 11.4. iOS 11.4 has a known issue with Battery Drain, and there might be something in game that is exacerbating this. We believe we may have found some of the causes of this problem, and are currently pursuing fixes for them. We're still not 100% sure at this time, but believe that we are getting closer.

I know this isn't much information, but it's all we have right now. We'll let you know as soon as we have more information.

TOOK YOU THAT LONG TO PUT THIS THOUGHT TOGETHER? WE COULD HAVE TOLD YOU THAT ON WEDNESDAY YA ROOKIE. I CAN T FINISH ARENA OR WAR. PLEASE DONT START AQ BEFORE A FIX IS PUSHED OUT.
  • RenatoX0RenatoX0 Posts: 1
    z26ani90mqou.jpeg
    is too hot Iphone 7
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    Hey All,

I have a minor update for you all. Unfortunately, it is not "the cure". It looks like the worst offenders in this thread are all iOS Devices on iOS 11.4. iOS 11.4 has a known issue with Battery Drain, and there might be something in game that is exacerbating this. We believe we may have found some of the causes of this problem, and are currently pursuing fixes for them. We're still not 100% sure at this time, but believe that we are getting closer.

I know this isn't much information, but it's all we have right now. We'll let you know as soon as we have more information.

Have they given any thought to warning people in-game, and not just on the forum? I highly recommend that course of action. Just something to tell them, if they notice the device heating up...stop play immediately and wait for the new revision....
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Hey All,

First of all, thanks for the update. It’s nice to know someone somewhere actually is working on the problem.

Second, verbiage: calling iOS the “worst offender” seems like yet again Kabam is passing the buck. As I said earlier in this thread, the “it isn’t us, it’s iOS” trope really doesn’t work—it’s your game and you know you have to work within the particular constraints of the available game delivery systems. Everyone who has complained about this issue (and parts of this issue go a ways back) deserves actual accountability from the team at Kabam. But that’s not the tack you took, which means this falls in with all the “it’s your device,” “it’s your connection’l it’s your router” excuses we’ve gotten from support forever. Honestly, they fall on deaf ears.

Here’s to hoping it all gets fixed for real.

Dr. Zola
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I'll go on the record right now and say it's not the apple battery drain issue. I wasn't even aware of it until you mentioned it. It's effecting Android too, just not as severely. This is your problem...own it.
  • AtkovAtkov Posts: 7
    iPhone 6S+
    IOS 11.4
    Wi-fi

Overheating, (extreme hot device!!) couple time restart.
    Im able to play anything! No arena no war no quests! Lost my step energys. 😔 this is really really sad Kabam!

How many time you need to fix this issue?
    Im above 700k rating, and I have not experienced such serious problems like this.

This game unplayable now for me, but i want to do arenas Sentry and t4Bs and we have active WAR!

Really really sad 😔😔
  • AtkovAtkov Posts: 7
    In Duel quick time Hot 2-3min
    In arena i can play 10 rounds
    War i can made 1 step

In one login before overheating

Fix it!!!
  • HairyslugHairyslug Posts: 76
    Does anybody else have this issue recently I can’t go the game on my phone for more than 15 minutes before it’s becomes very hot and then the lag comes in and the phone freezes.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Hey All,

First of all, thanks for the update. It’s nice to know someone somewhere actually is working on the problem.

Second, verbiage: calling iOS the “worst offender” seems like yet again Kabam is passing the buck. As I said earlier in this thread, the “it isn’t us, it’s iOS” trope really doesn’t work—it’s your game and you know you have to work within the particular constraints of the available game delivery systems. Everyone who has complained about this issue (and parts of this issue go a ways back) deserves actual accountability from the team at Kabam. But that’s not the tack you took, which means this falls in with all the “it’s your device,” “it’s your connection’l it’s your router” excuses we’ve gotten from support forever. Honestly, they fall on deaf ears.

Here’s to hoping it all gets fixed for real.

Dr. Zola

I experienced the issue on 11.3 so I can tell you for a fact it's not iOS 11.4 that's the "problem" here.

Brand NEW iPhone 7 plus, opened the box yesterday... iOS 11.3 factory installed.... Playing MCOC made the phone too hot to touch, so I shut it down.

Updated to iOS 11.4 today, but NO CHANGE.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Hey All,

I'm have same exact issues of high heat/phone going to black screen with loading circle in middle/lag/making other apps lag when MCoC open....

and I'm on iPhone 7 plus, iOS version 11.3.1 (NOT 11.4).
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    Hey All,

Ok, it sounds like you're trying to say that this is my problem for being on iOS 11.4. What is your problem? It is very clearly not just 11.4, so what are those devices problems? This "known issue" with the battery drain has never been an issue prior to this update.
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    TKS wrote: »
    948vvc674fb0.jpg

Send in...ICEMAN. Coldsnap solves all!
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    Hey All,

I'm have same exact issues of high heat/phone going to black screen with loading circle in middle/lag/making other apps lag when MCoC open....

and I'm on iPhone 7 plus, iOS version 11.3.1 (NOT 11.4).

Lmao... quit using facts. Real life examples don't work here. It's 11.4 didn't you read that. If it happens on 11.3 they can't blame someone else. I'm glad they gave an update but they couldn't resist the opportunity to shirk their responsibility... unbelievable.
  • SkymastrSkymastr Posts: 46
    İs that so hard to find out its your fault on last uptade is crashing. Ppl is screamin over here last 3 days after the 19.0 update not damn ios 11.4 this is should be joke jiz still talking about ios not excepted
  • GSTAR21GSTAR21 Posts: 168
    Yep, phone is way hotter than usual. I also have to put it down for a while to cool off after playing this game
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    Hey All,

Still no update for worst offenders in this thread when fix is expected to be carried out, but getting closer. . Doesn't appear to be safe to play game on all iOS Devices with iOS 11.4. iOS 11.4 because there is a known issue with Battery Drain

I did see a Android member having problems in arena too

Lets hope we get some kind of update (any information) about fix time. Its taken a few days for Kabam Miike to post , lets hope he speaks to us all soon. still not 100% sure at this time, When you will speak , i but believe that time it is getting closer. Apologize if i have offended you and post

Thank you Mike for your update , look forward to the next post
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Did you try putting it in rice?
  • Thats for water damage not battery heating up
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    This isn’t just about heating up @Kabam Miike ... mcoc is crashing iOS a lot. Here are the analytics from my iphone 7+ (ios 11.4) the past couple of days and my phone wasn’t hot when these occurred. Also, I’d be happy to send in these dump files if they’ll help narrow down the issue... lots of potentially useful data in them.
    nms3x2ltr7b1.png
  • IOS
    IPhone 7 plus
    Both wifi and cellular
    T-mobile

Springboard crashes, overheating, can't sign in for the last hour plus, freezing,
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Thats for water damage not battery heating up

Might cook your rice tho. And who doesnt love a good bowl of rice?

Exactly
  • Spidermonkey902Spidermonkey902 Posts: 63
    I use Sony Xperia xz premium on andriod 8.0.0 my screen is burning my fingers when playing this game for 3mins it's making it impossible to play do we get compensation for this as unless I want my phone to literally melt I can't play until this is fixed
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Thats for water damage not battery heating up

Might cook your rice tho. And who doesnt love a good bowl of rice?

With some butter on top..lol
This discussion has been closed.