**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

One Player's Opinion

RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,500 ★★★★★
I will do my best to offer some constructive criticism of the game. I've been playing for 3+ years. I am by no means a whale. I have finished all solo content, and have finished in Plat 1 and Masters in Season 1 and 2 of AW (again, by no means a very top level player) There is no particular reason for you to agree with me (or for any other player to share my viewpoints). After Season 2 of AW, I am shifting from someone who would buy the occasion offer, to a pure free to play player (even though I really want that 5* awakening gem offer that will drop in a few days). I understand that Kabam is a company that needs to make money to exist. But I think Kabam needs to assess what people are willing to pay for. AW seasons are burning people out, and its not about AW in a vacuum - its more of a slow burn of the direction of the game.

For a long time, this game was a prestige race and all about AQ. Since that time, however, AQ hasn't changed enough to make AQ relevant. Even the new rewards won't push people back to AQ. Now, this game is 100% centered around AW and that will eventually kill this game. Why? Because you have created a system which promotes cheating, pits alliance members against each other, and is just draining. The animosity and frustration created by AW has torn apart many alliances - and people are retiring left and right. The most difficult content should be solo based content. Now you have increased the difficultly of AW for the sole purpose of profit. How do you justify saying that 100% of the AW map should be rare when you know that people will $pend to finish the map? The map is challenging enough as it is, and increased node difficulty just shows a lack of creativity in terms of challenging the players.

AW has been taking a downturn for the last year. Long ago, Kabam created an overpowered class of champions (with an OP class mastery) and has been implementing changes around that mistake for years. Before defender diversity was a thing, AW were known as Mystic Wars. So what did Kabam do? They created a champion that could walk through mystics. Kabam made a ton of money making sure that everyone was able to walk through AW with Blade. After making profit off of Blade, Kabam introduced defender diversity, essentially removing the concept of Mystic wars. But, apparently the difficulty of AW lacks difficulty with 50 diverse defenders per BG because Kabam is so focused on making over powered attackers, that it rarely released a defender that can even get a single kill in AW. So what do you do instead? Increase node difficulty. The goal of the map should always be 100% completion - that is why defender kills are a stat in the game. If AW is shifting to 100% is not the norm, then should it not only be based on completion percentage? Or listen to BG and Seatin - give a set amount of resources to each player at the start and make it a real competition.

Generally, what I am saying that the Kabam lacks foresight into game development and is losing top end players because of it. I'm sure this doesn't matter much to Kabam as for every player that leaves, there are probably 2 that start playing these days. The burn out from seasons is a real thing. Making seasons shorter is only one step in the right direction - but you have gone back two steps with the new map. If the goal is to sell more units for boosts, revives and potions - then I am of the mindset that this is not a wise decision. People have proven that they are willing to spend on this game to advance and have fun. You know what isn't fun? Getting wrecked by BS nodes in AW. Make more creative offers around champions and rank up materials. Yes, I realize that many of these items can be obtained without units or money (e.g., loyalty, glory, etc.). However, with the increased difficulty, players will be burning through these resources even faster - and in order to compete, will need to drop real cash. Unfortunately, with this direction, as stated above, I am shifting to F2P and couldn't care less where I land in AW seasons.

(I won't even get into how irrelevant old champions are and how you've nerfed all mystics over time by making almost all new buffs passive - another cheap move).

Take it for what its worth. Again, I am a small fish in a very, very large pond.

Comments

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,500 ★★★★★
    After having now experienced the first war with these new nodes - my opinion stands. Kabam is stripping the fun out of the game. That is not a sustainable model.
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    Wow, this and other things make me so happy I have never joined an alliance. I, too, am going Free to Play. Sorry for your frustration.