**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Finding (spending units) to find a new matchup.

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but why in the Hell did I just spend 20 units to find new matchups and get the same Motherf@#$& matchup every time?!!! Can someone from Kabam please explain this to me. Please. I'd love to hear your reasoning for this.

Comments

• PhonieStarkPhonieStark Posts: 202
    sf636j4hxydf.png
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,659 Guardian
    I'm sure this has been brought up before, but why in the Hell did I just spend 20 units to find new matchups and get the same Motherf@#$& matchup every time?!!! Can someone from Kabam please explain this to me. Please. I'd love to hear your reasoning for this.

This is difficult to explain without understanding arena mechanics. When you spend units to find a new match up the game reduces the difficulty it is looking for with the next match up. However, in some situations your difficulty is "saturated" and won't visibly lower. To oversimplify a bit, in the situation you're in, the game might be looking for a difficulty of 60000 PI, say. But it might not actually be able to create such a team and you get something less. If you spend to find a new match the game might start looking for a 55000 PI team. But even that might hard to find, so the team doesn't look visibly easier. If you keep spending the difficulty can eventually drop to the point where you start to see the difference, but that can get very expensive in some situations.

It looks to me like you are running suicides, which is allowing 3/30s to appear as above 3k PI. In the past, it was discovered that when it comes to avoiding "death matches" it was important to stay above a certain PI not including mastery boosts to PI. If that is still true today, then your 9600 PI team might have looked to be way under 8k to the arena match system, and you drew a death match in the featured arena because of that. Which are very difficult to avoid by spending down.
    Actually not running suicides. I used this same team last night around streak 25 or so and did not get a death match. Actually used quite a few teams less powerful but still above 9k. Would be nice to have a clear definition of what our limitations are to maintain a streak.
    edited July 2018
    Kabam should also change the name of that (find new matches) button, to "roll the dice"