**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GeezeluizGeezeluiz Posts: 3
    iOS 11.4
    iPhone 7

Thanks for responding
  • dcw_dcw_ Posts: 130
    edited July 2018
    I find it very troubling that this issue continues to persist. Does Kabam not recognize the damage to physical property this is or has the potential to cause.

This is worse then a virus, you can say “just don’t play the game then.” However, I’m an alliance leader and feel a duty to ensure it runs smoothly for my fellow alliance members this requires me to be in game for a period of time to meet those commitments. On a personal level i’ve Not been able to compete in the arenas to attempt to obtain the current champions fratured. I also have multiple accounts so it’s made my gaming life a nightmare.

I would not be surprised at all to see a class action suit to pop up over this issue. I would have thought Kabam would have anticipated this by now. I’m surprised they have not either fixed it or rolled it back until fixed. At this point it could appear that Kabam is knowingly and actively damaging real property.
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Is the issue the game or the phone? No problems here. I'm kinda dissapointed I've been saving glory for the new store prices and have to wait because people using outdated phones, if that's the case? If the game has outgrown your phone get a new one or deal with it.
  • Gohan2606Gohan2606 Posts: 21
    Ezra7676 wrote: »
    Is the issue the game or the phone? No problems here. I'm kinda dissapointed I've been saving glory for the new store prices and have to wait because people using outdated phones, if that's the case? If the game has outgrown your phone get a new one or deal with it.

It’s the game as it is effecting iPhones x 8 and 7 so maybe see the phones being listed before you say a comment such as get a new phone or deal with it
  • WestthepestWestthepest Posts: 9
    edited July 2018
    iPhone 7 11.4
    Overheating. Reset phone to factory reloaded just Mcoc still overheating.
    Also have Motorola z2 latest update. Seeing same overheating and battery consumption issue with this device (not as bad as apple but come on we all know it sucks on android as it is)
    All problems occurred post 19.0 update.
    Must have something to do with app overclocking processor.
    I don’t feel we need compensation other than the game fixed. As it is customers are less likely to spend money to destroy their devices. Come on Kabam this isn’t a little bug you need to step up and get this resolved.

Note: moto z2 force has snapdragon 835 processor with 6gb of ram it should be hard to push this to its limits.
  • bongstabongsta Posts: 11
    my ios newly updated is over heating and battery drains pretty quickly!! game lags, “wifi” connection problems”, my fone freezes when playing, champs dash/does heavy attack automatically! and game time downloads is awfully slow!
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    It’s going on three days now and no solution, no advice—I realize this is a top priority, but your communications need to be mindful of the timeline of what is going on in-game.

@Kabam Miike AQ is up and running (albeit in the wrong brackets)—what is the game team’s advice for players experiencing the overheating/shutdown problem?

Dr. Zola
  • docdanzdocdanz Posts: 10
    Lots of issues. Lag, temporarily unresponsive controls, occasional complete sceen freeze but more often phone just powers off then reboots.

iPhone 7+
    Ios11.4
    Carrier Spark NZ
    Happens on wifi and 4g

This is the most glitchy update I have seen from Kabam and that’s saying something. Hey your **** sorted guys!

Thanking you in advance...
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Update? Info? Anything...
    @Kabam Miike
  • GeisønGeisøn Posts: 39
    God
  • BuffalaxBuffalax Posts: 107
    Can only play for 15-20 minutes at a time before my phone starts to overheat. It makes putting time into arena and the monthly event really difficult when you can only play 15 minutes on 30 minutes off to cool instead of risking damage to the device.

iPhone 7 (less than a year old)
    iOS 11.4 (no issues before the 19.0 update)
    Verizon but gaming mostly on WiFi
  • Duncan_Idaho69Duncan_Idaho69 Posts: 10
    IOS 11.4
    iPad Pro
    Cellular & WiFi

Initially the iPad would freeze after V19.
    Now it shuts the iPad down completely.

Sending a video of the crashing to Apple.
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    AQ & War should be suspended until a fix is out. I’m just very surprised there hasn’t been a statement about staying out of the game from one of the mods. This isn’t a gameplay bug it’s overheating phones, causing crashes and could cause some damage to our phones. Shouldn’t have to go thru all these hoops just to play a mobile game.
  • bongstabongsta Posts: 11
    this newly game update is horrible!! it creates battery over heating!! no good words to say! unacceptable!! adult
    vibrators works better than this!!
  • iPad Pro & iPhone 6 Plus
    iOS 11.4
    WiFi and att cellular

Happens MULTIPLE times a day, in the middle of fights, chatting whatever. Only app that it happens in, everything become unresponsive and/or iOS just resets to lock screen.
  • BensonBenson Posts: 5
    I have an iPhone X iOS 11.4 and I’m having all kinds of issues on it but when I borrowed one of my family’s IPhone 7 Plus IOS 11.3 the game works perfectly on it.
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    Benson wrote: »
    I have an iPhone X iOS 11.4 and I’m having all kinds of issues on it but when I borrowed one of my family’s IPhone 7 Plus IOS 11.3 the game works perfectly on it.

Did they already have the app or did you have to download it new? I’m wondering if perhaps it has something to do with “leftover code” from previous iterations possibly creating conflict…?
  • upgrade to ios 12 beta 3 and fix the problem, now the game works perfectly. iphone 7
    6czjdhhfq6xd.png
  • NickBates10NickBates10 Posts: 59
    Sony Xperia Z5 compact on Android and always had overheating issues when playing this game
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    That is great news for you. Sincerely. Unfortunately that’s not a fix because there are just as many people using the beta who either still have the exact problem or it only slightly mitigates it
  • LaLLaL Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    iPhone X
    iOS: 11.4
    Using WiFi

Phone gets hotter after playing 7-10 mins of game, battery draining fastly as well kindly fix this issue.

WiMak wrote: »

Did they already have the app or did you have to download it new? I’m wondering if perhaps it has something to do with “leftover code” from previous iterations possibly creating conflict…?

It was never updated it’s one of my nephews IPhones that got passed along to him but it never gets updated running on original iOS 11.3

• Camarofanatic90Camarofanatic90 Posts: 38
    WiMak wrote: »

This is very possible as the company I work for replaced my old iPhone 5s that broke with an iPhone 8 and I downloaded the app fresh on and no issues on iOS 11.4 but on my personal iPhone 7+ I get the heating, lag and crashing issues as everyone else is getting.
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike I upgraded my ipad pro to 12.0 beta 2 and no more soft reboots, heat, or battery drain issues after playing for about 3 hours. I think we're on to something...
    I didn’t read into it correctly but yes they had the app downloaded on the device already as well and updated the game when it was available but his iPhone don’t have issues when playing it like mine does and the difference is I’m running 11.4 and he is running 11.3 that’s all I would be able to say.
This discussion has been closed.