**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Compensation package poll

Comments

• L79GL79G Posts: 43
    I didn't receive any package....
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    L79G wrote: »
    I didn't receive any package....

Beginning of the week they're rolling it out.
  • AprilMoon7AprilMoon7 Posts: 74
    I’m not happy. More should be added on. Double the 5* shards. Add 6k 4* shards. 500 units. 2 ultimate X-force crystals or 4 regular x-force crystals, 30 pools gold crystals, and 3* kang as a trophy champ

Are you for real?
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Honestly I'm a little unpleasantly surprised. Folks were taking linked fights in an effort to make up time in aq and aw. Which cause them to use items as a direct result of the outage. There was not an equal burden on all alliances (it was not a wash) due to different time zones/availability. Andfail to see how 3 map crystals makes up for lost milestones and other possible rewards in aq. We cleared 0/3 hroupsWhile arena grinders will perhaps..some time in the future have another opportunity to to grind these arenas again.. what of the time they lost? Am I being unreasonable? Am I overlooking something?
  • Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    Pretty satisfied. The game was down on a Sunday moring and didn't really affect much besides AQ for me as I usually spend that time with my family. I know in different time zones people were affected more or less but I feel that overall the compensation is more than fair.
  • PerfectExamplePerfectExample Posts: 30
    I run a customer service business. If I made a mistake that inconvenienced a customer, I make it right, then give them something extra for the headache. This package is lacking.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    For that matter, it's impossible to change everyone's feelings with free Items, and that would be a never-ending spree that would almost certainly end with some being unsatisfied regardless.

You love to talk about the "not everyone so nobody" concept. Just because a thing can't touch all corners doesn't make it wrong. You get as close as you can and try to cover the majority. In this case the majority of people would lay off if the package were sweeter because they'd feel appreciated.

Hopefully then the minority of people won’t get too aggravated and post all over the for....an screw it they probably will anyway
    People not getting affected by device issues are complaining about stuff being put on hold until it’s fixed, so it’s pretty bad already
  • Aleks112358Aleks112358 Posts: 51
    Well, i got nothing. Nkt quite sure why, as the maintenance affected me too...
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    AprilMoon7 wrote: »
    I’m not happy. More should be added on. Double the 5* shards. Add 6k 4* shards. 500 units. 2 ultimate X-force crystals or 4 regular x-force crystals, 30 pools gold crystals, and 3* kang as a trophy champ

Are you for real?

Very.
  • ChosenOne94ChosenOne94 Posts: 108
    We need to get better compensation KABAM, @Kabam Miike
  • PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164
    What compensation? I haven’t received anything yet.
  • Antony687Antony687 Posts: 87
    Thts not the reward i look towards my valuable time.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    PureRage13 wrote: »

It's coming early next week, kabam really needs to do better with their wording of stuff.
    Noob2435 wrote: »
    PureRage13 wrote: »

It's coming early next week, kabam really needs to do better with their wording of stuff.

Thank you. Is there an official thread somewhere that states what is in the package. I searched but couldn’t find it.
  • abelarmiabelarmi Posts: 86
    Will Compensation for today's AQ problems be added in as well? Perhaps just give us free AQs this week as well?
    I like that they are re-running the arenas. But, the last paragraph that covers “other content” seems lacking.
  • RoboRoRoRoboRoRo Posts: 11
    I didn't even get the compensation, nor did many in my alliance. So... there's that.
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    Remember, this compensation package goes out to beginners too, so it needs to be balanced across the board

This argument isn't valid, they just put out a purchase with 5* CRYSTALS that you could buy 3 times and a 15,000 total credit tier purchase that gave 5*s and 4*s. You can't claim that's balance when a level 1 can purchase it.
    I will say that I think it's fair. They tried to touch every base and while units would be better because I need masteries almost more than champs right now, it's basically free stuff. I'd much rather waste their time getting them to balance and fix bugs than worrying about how compensated we are for downtime. World of Warcraft gave absolutely nothing back for downtime, not even play time when they were down for like 2 days or something a few years ago.
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    I didn’t even get mine btw
    Str wrote: »
    If you didnt leave your champs sitting in a quest you get hardly any compensation. Despite trying to log in frequently to do events. I agree that aq (but no potions?) and arena rewards are a reasonable reward, but very bitter about who gets the other part of the package.

It costs kabam nothing for compensation but they seem to alienate quite a chunk of the community everytime. If they cant get their act together i suspect the boycott movement will grow more popular. A shame. I love the concept behind the game am an avid marvel fan. I hate what this lack of goodwill or empathy does to marvels reputation.

You have to see it from their side, while it costs them nothing up front it could cost them money from people deciding they don't need to buy something because Kabam just gave them that. It also means that in the future, people could try to intentionally take the game down to get more free stuff. As for the boycotting, it can't work, because the moment they do someone is going to start a boycott for 6* champs.

• Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    The results of the poll is the community's voice, well then the results say it all.
  • AsmodeyusAsmodeyus Posts: 217
    edited July 2018
    No compensation received, nor whats in said package. Threads keep jumping finding it hard to find today
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    I posted most this in the main thread. But my main issue is that it doesn’t account for lost arena rewards and milestones, or the xforce crystal shards.

If they’re concerned about giving beginners too much, they could do tiered compensation based on your rating. They did this for 12.0 and it was a good approach IMO.

E.g. most people under 100k prob wouldn’t get most or all milestones and certainly don’t need the 5* shards. People over 400k with sufficient 5* can almost guaranteed hit all milestones without spending, and probably should be getting units and battle chips, in addition to about 15 premiums and everything already being given.
  • Clintonwalls101Clintonwalls101 Posts: 140
    What package never got one yet
  • SIlverProfessorSIlverProfessor Posts: 489 ★★
    What is the compensation? I still haven’t received anything.
This discussion has been closed.