**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

30 MIN TIMERs HAVE BEEN GREAT

Comments

• smdam38smdam38 Posts: 820 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    smdam38 wrote: »
    I'll bump it.
    Not every alliance can play 24x7.
    We play for fun. Not really competitive in terms of top whatever.
    Just for fun.

I have never seen a "good" argument for not having 30 minute timers.
    Even an AQ energy item would work.

I've never seen a good arguement for 30 minute timers. You dont have time to do it with an hr well that's on you.
    You allow a game to stress you out? Yup on you.

Where did I say anything about stress?
    Like I said, just play for fun.

30 minute timers just made AQ more enjoyable.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Nice try.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Chicken wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom if they changed the timers to 30 minutes that doesn’t mean your guys have to log in more often. The map would still be the same length so they could still log in at there normal times and complete the map without having to log in any more times than they do now. Others could log in more if they wanted to. I seem to remember in a post a while back you said that you don’t have to do everything in the game and it’s your choice and that you should just do what you can. You could still complete the map as you normally do but if other alliances chose to log in more often then they could complete the map faster and that would be there choice. 30 min timers wouldn’t change a thing for those who want to take it slow. They wouldn’t need to feel pressured to log in anymore than they do now. We just want that choice.

The point I made is I have guys in opposite Time Zones that don't get to participate because when the Timers are shorter, the Maps are done by the time they log on. I'm not the only one, as Drop has stated his case. The Map stays open for 24 hours either way. I get that people like finishing faster, but it's not best for everyone and it's not a Democracy where you can sacrifice the issues of some to a majority government based on the fact that they want it. The system is designed that way for a reason. It's to accommodate everyone. This has literally been brought up everytime the Timers are reduced and the response is always the same, they have no plans of making them permanent. It is NOT beneficial for everyone. People might not believe that because it suits their cause to support what they want, but that's the fact. People should be able to play and participate. Not just log on for the Rewards and not get to Fight. That's a problem. A pretty significant one, and not one that can be solved with scheduling. Unless you can pencil in flipping the globe, or forcing people to play at all hours and forego work. The system works fine as it is now. I could care less if people want to keep asking ad infinitum, but there is a purpose to having it this way and it won't go away because of want.

If the people in your alliance, yourself included, know this other guy won't get a chance to fight because of time if you all just push on, why didn't you slow down? Thats not being a good buddy.

Because if they slow down he can't say they have an "issue"! Simple...

But the question is: do you really believe him? There is no TZ not allowing you to participate, unless this guy lives on Mars. And who's removing his nodes during 1h timer? Is he always the last in points and slowing down the whole ally? Because if he can't move in 8 hours your AQ is always a nightmare.

And again: one guy is the problem? Kick him out. We kick out guys who cannot use their first 5 energy at the beginning of AQ (we get the 5th step around midnight under our time zone).

Also note that you (GW) always says that this game is designed for this and that. So, this game is designed to join an ally from your country. Regional ranks is a prove.
    edited July 2018
    That's not at all a fair solution. Some of us actually have respect and long-term friendships with our Ally Members. Kicking them out because people want to complete the Map faster is not acceptable. Not at all. Nor does it display any type of loyalty, reasonability, or fairness. It's actually pretty one-sided. Give us what we want, and make everyone else deal with it.
  • smdam38smdam38 Posts: 820 ★★★
    How would they punish us if they couldn't do it through 30 minute timers?
    For the record, whoever keeps spamming Flags after everything I say, have a look at the number I have. If you think it bothers me, think again. It's your Account, though. Pretty sure it's against the rules to abuse them.

Look, the bottom line is, it has a negative impact. It's not reasonable to ask everyone else to just adjust to the request. That's excluding people from being able to play. Now, if they had a system that didn't have that kind of effect, and people weren't impacted negatively, I would be all ears. However as it stands, just making the Timers shorter is not a long-term solution.
    My mistake. I thought we were having a serious conversation. You know I'm aware when someone is circling, right?
    Serious conversation?
    I mean circling. Going in circles, trying to bait a response with contradictions that aren't really there. Circling like a shark for bait.
    Stating that 30m timer is not an advantage but an issue, is the biggest contradiction of them all.
    edited July 2018
    Perhaps if your perspective is only on the side of wanting them, yes. Unfortunately, the conversation isn't going anywhere because once again, people won't even acknowledge the other aspects. Which is why I probably should have listened to my instinct and not discussed it to begin with. It never ends. Just one-sided altogether. It must be good for everyone because it's good for what I want.
    It must be good for everyone because it's good for what I want.
    That's the only good thing you wrote, because that's exactly how you act.
    Now it's just getting childish.
  • GorofaizGorofaiz Posts: 56
    And now, the timer goes on 1h...
    I love the 30m.. Hope someday we can experience 30m again...
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104
    Chicken wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom if they changed the timers to 30 minutes that doesn’t mean your guys have to log in more often. The map would still be the same length so they could still log in at there normal times and complete the map without having to log in any more times than they do now. Others could log in more if they wanted to. I seem to remember in a post a while back you said that you don’t have to do everything in the game and it’s your choice and that you should just do what you can. You could still complete the map as you normally do but if other alliances chose to log in more often then they could complete the map faster and that would be there choice. 30 min timers wouldn’t change a thing for those who want to take it slow. They wouldn’t need to feel pressured to log in anymore than they do now. We just want that choice.

The point I made is I have guys in opposite Time Zones that don't get to participate because when the Timers are shorter, the Maps are done by the time they log on. I'm not the only one, as Drop has stated his case. The Map stays open for 24 hours either way. I get that people like finishing faster, but it's not best for everyone and it's not a Democracy where you can sacrifice the issues of some to a majority government based on the fact that they want it. The system is designed that way for a reason. It's to accommodate everyone. This has literally been brought up everytime the Timers are reduced and the response is always the same, they have no plans of making them permanent. It is NOT beneficial for everyone. People might not believe that because it suits their cause to support what they want, but that's the fact. People should be able to play and participate. Not just log on for the Rewards and not get to Fight. That's a problem. A pretty significant one, and not one that can be solved with scheduling. Unless you can pencil in flipping the globe, or forcing people to play at all hours and forego work. The system works fine as it is now. I could care less if people want to keep asking ad infinitum, but there is a purpose to having it this way and it won't go away because of want.

If the people in your alliance, yourself included, know this other guy won't get a chance to fight because of time if you all just push on, why didn't you slow down? Thats not being a good buddy.

Wait, so you're suggesting we slow down because some want to push faster? Hmm....

It’s not about being faster. It’s the flexibility of being able to move when you can and not when your energy is up.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    I am grateful for 30 min timers. it made aq much more enjoyable with less stress
This discussion has been closed.