**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Advice for Overheating Since 19.0

If you’re like me, your phone has been overheating since the 19.0 update. I have been doing some research and trying several things, and here’s what I have so far for advice.

1) Get on the forums and make your voice heard. Kabam has to realize the vast negative impact they are having on the MCOC community.

2) Go to your device’s settings and turn off “Background App Refresh.” This will keep your phone from trying to run other apps in the background (reducing CPU usage).

3) Keep your device in “Low Power Mode.” This seems to increase the amount of time it takes before the phone gets noticeably warm.

4) If your device is getting hot, stop playing the game. DUH. I know it sucks, but you don’t want to permanently damage your device. You can close the app and wait for it to cool, or do like I do and just lock your phone and put it up in front of the AC vent for about 30 seconds. I’ve also heard of people using ice packs or putting their device in the freezer for a minute.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any other advice.

Love,

The Doc

Comments

• R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Even hotter if you play while charging your device
  • Good notes. I have noticed that as well. Charging while playing definitely causes the phone to overheat faster than when it is not plugged in.
  • drgarbonzowitzdrgarbonzowitz Posts: 21
    edited July 2018
    I've also heard that installing the new beta for iOS 12.0 has helped some with overheating, crashing, and lag issues. I cannot confirm yet, but I am currently installing it on my iPhone 6S. I will update you all soon if I feel like it helps at all.
  • Dr_Gonzo_IIIDr_Gonzo_III Posts: 24
    I've also heard that installing the new beta for iOS 12.0 has helped some with overheating, crashing, and lag issues. I cannot confirm yet, but I am currently installing it on my iPhone 6S. I will update you all soon if I feel like it helps at all.

It’s a good start but you shouldn’t have to install a Beta version of an operating system to fix an issue caused by “live” code designed to work on an already established platform. This is getting absolutely rediculous

• I've also heard that installing the new beta for iOS 12.0 has helped some with overheating, crashing, and lag issues. I cannot confirm yet, but I am currently installing it on my iPhone 6S. I will update you all soon if I feel like it helps at all.

It’s a good start but you shouldn’t have to install a Beta version of an operating system to fix an issue caused by “live” code designed to work on an already established platform. This is getting absolutely rediculous

I fully agree. However, it does seem like my phone is not overheating from playing since I installed it about 40 minutes ago. I am missing a lot of parries though, but that might just be because the game speed has increased slightly.
  • Dr_Gonzo_IIIDr_Gonzo_III Posts: 24

I fully agree. However, it does seem like my phone is not overheating from playing since I installed it about 40 minutes ago. I am missing a lot of parries though, but that might just be because the game speed has increased slightly.

It’s a pay off though I suppose.
    On one hand update to beta to fix one app compared to the potential of updating to beta and potentially affecting other apps
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    There are 40 pages on the main thread. Although I believe every one of these has been tried with mixed success, put your thoughts on there.

I appreciate your trying—it’s more than the mods have been able to offer up to this point.

Dr. Zola
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Stop playing the game until they fix it. That way you’re also encouraging them to fix it.
  • DJYANKEENYDJYANKEENY Posts: 38
    Hey guys I’ve noticed a little bit of help with doing this:
    1.Go to settings
    2. Accessibility
    3. Increase contrast
    4. Do the following:

m53l5ew091ye.png
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    DONT PUT ICE PACKS ON YOUR PHONE AND DONT PUT IT IN THE FREEZER!!!!! What happens when you put hot plastic or hot metal into a fridged envrionment? That's right... CONDENSATION! And what happens when you put water into computers? IT FRIES THE COMPONENTS! Simply put, it may work a time or 2 but putting your phone in the freezer or an ice pack on your phone to cool it it down (less likely with the ice pack but extremely likely with the freezer) will allow the hot air inside the phone to condensate thus putting water into your phone. Don't risk it. Plus from what i understand Apple has told everyone with an iPhone to NOT PLAY THIS GAME cause it will void your warranty if it overheats... So I suggest putting the game down for a couple of weeks reconnect with loved ones and then come back for a fat message full of stuff because kabam may have messed up the game meta last year leading to the 12.0 boycott but this year they are destroying peoples phones AND screwing up the game so it's going to be bad for them for a bit...
  • DJYANKEENYDJYANKEENY Posts: 38
    Not only condensation but also rapid contraction of the components will leading to broken points of solder. Remember hot and cold...expansion and contraction. Bad mojo
  • drgarbonzowitzdrgarbonzowitz Posts: 21
    edited July 2018
    Good advice about fridges and freezers. I should have been more specific.

Don’t be an idiot and put your screamingly hot phone in the freezer.

By the way, the iOS 12.0 public beta has greatly helped reduce the issues caused by the 19.0 update (at least for me). It still lags time to time, but I was able to grind Uncollected for two hours last night without my phone getting hot. Of course, there is always risk in running an unreleased operating system, but many beta users online already feel it’s less buggy than iOS 11.4.

Good Luck
  • Hey guys, there's an active discussion HERE where we are gathering everyone's feedback about these issues.

We're currently looking into everyone's reports to try and identify the cause as well as a possible solution, and requesting that anyone who is experiencing these problems provide their device details. Getting to the bottom of these problems is our top priority at the moment, and as soon as we're able to provide an update, we'll post it in that thread.

Thank you very much in advance for any contribution you can make to that discussion. We really appreciate your patience as we work to address your concerns as quickly as possible!
This discussion has been closed.