**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why I uninstalled MCOC

Campo4Campo4 Posts: 141
We often hear outcries from the community about content/characters/items/resources in the game. At the end of the day, all of these are founded claims, but they are bickering over little pieces of data that appear as items, etc. in the game. Unfairness in the game can lead us to wasting real $$ but in all those cases, the choice to spend your time and money is yours, and is still a choice. You can still log in and play the game at some level.

The overheating issue is a whole new ball game because now, by simply logging in there is potential damage happening to our devices which we use for more than just playing this game. I've had to make the tough call to uninstall the game on my phone. I can still play on my iPad which doesn't seem to overheat, but since I need WiFi, I am only making alliance moves and no longer grinding or doing much EQ since I'm out and about most days without WiFi. I've made peace with this level of gameplay because it's no longer worth it to me to obsess about progression at risk of damaging my phone. I'm not saying this to say I'm some kind of martyr. I'm saying this because I really enjoy playing this game and this was the straw that broke the camel's back for me to reduce my game time.

I'm an officer and I've got loyal guys in my alliance panicking because they want to contribute to our group but are fearful they will fry their iPhones, and unlike me they don't have a backup device. I've told them to chill and we will get our moves done one way or another. This just isn't worth it anymore. We decided to not even fire up AQ this week because of the tier issue plus wanted to focus on war so our guys in this situation aren't pressured to log in a lot. And we are top 350-ish AQ so for us that glory/reward flow is nice every week, it's not like we won't notice.

I know this isn't affecting every player. But to say "my iPhone is working fine, therefore there is no issue, it's your device" and yet there are many posts on reddit, forums, and I assume tickets to Kabam regarding this issue - all similar stories of phone function changing immediately after installing the update - you guys have got to use your eyes and ears and address this issue head on.

Between the long outage (which thankfully has been addressed), this overheating issue, the AQ tier issue, domino block bug, - my confidence is at an all time low with the game. I had hope after the diversity change was addressed so quickly and peak milestones came out that once again Kabam was moving in the right direction, but then: all this. I submitted a ticket regarding my overheating issue and got the stock copy/paste reply every time I re-upped the ticket, so on a personal level I feel like this is not being addressed.

It's the weekend...the World Cup...July 4. I get it, you guys are probably understaffed right now. But please, we are all awaiting some kind of reply.

Comments

• GAM3RGUYGAM3RGUY Posts: 203
    I just did it cause it damages my mobile
  • HairyslugHairyslug Posts: 76
    edited July 2018
    I couldn’t agree more, unfortunately I am a player who occasionally spends on this game but putting all this money in and the product you get back from Kabam is terrible I am really considering legal advice as they happily take $50 here and there which is also my decision to buy but to run a game so badly when they are clearly making a big return on this game, this is just blatant disregard for its customer base right??
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    I've been pounding this drum a lot lately. User Acceptance Testing. It's a standard in development processes. A good UAT practice would expose many of the issues before a release is ever made.

User Acceptance Testing's very goal is "how does this impact day to day use with real world users."

Example if I were to provide a UAT type feedback it would look like this:

AQ - so many sentinels on maps 3, 4 & 5 have made the game play repetitive and unexciting. Recommend replacing half of them with a real champ or adaptoids. Wait till new AQ rewards are ready before going to Sentinels or changing map champs.

Auto block with Parry champs - autoblock is ok, but with parry is a bit much. Auto parry would make a better node.

Domino - abilities trigger too often. Far more then Scarlett witch ever did.

Device problems. Lag is worse then ever (since I'm android). It's preventing the ability to chain a combo into sp.

Ect.

This type of testing would most likely have exposed the iPhone overheating problem since real world testing would have occured long before release.

we've asked for testing for years. why does it get worst?

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,673 ★★★★★
    Even then we've only had what?....2 beta tests? Its shameful
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    @Campo4 this is, in my opinion, what happens when you can’t see that you have completely taken your customer base for granted.

Some of that is our own fault—acting like a bunch of schoolgirls at a boy band concert every time a new collection of pixels gets released, or jonesing like a low rent junkie for the latest set of bloated holiday offers.

Most of it, however, falls at the feet of a game team who seems to have forgotten that the main purpose of the game is fun.

Dr. Zola
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    I've been pounding this drum a lot lately. User Acceptance Testing. It's a standard in development processes. A good UAT practice would expose many of the issues before a release is ever made.

User Acceptance Testing's very goal is "how does this impact day to day use with real world users."

Example if I were to provide a UAT type feedback it would look like this:

AQ - so many sentinels on maps 3, 4 & 5 have made the game play repetitive and unexciting. Recommend replacing half of them with a real champ or adaptoids. Wait till new AQ rewards are ready before going to Sentinels or changing map champs.

Auto block with Parry champs - autoblock is ok, but with parry is a bit much. Auto parry would make a better node.

Domino - abilities trigger too often. Far more then Scarlett witch ever did.

Device problems. Lag is worse then ever (since I'm android). It's preventing the ability to chain a combo into sp.

Ect.

This type of testing would most likely have exposed the iPhone overheating problem since real world testing would have occured long before release.

we've asked for testing for years. why does it get worst?

I know we have been... Kabam's own testing has proven to be unsuccessful and insufficient
  • Hi All!

We appreciate your continued patience while our Team investigates this. Please know that our Team is aware of your concerns and that this is a high priority for us. You can find our latest update here. We will let you know when we have more information available.

This discussion has been closed.