**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Delay Season 3 of AW Please

I was just wondering if there has been any discussion to delay the start of alliance war season 3 until you fix the issues with the update. With so many people having issues with phones over heating, the amount of lag that is in the game, and the app shutting down causing the screen to go black, it doesn't seem fair to start a new season until these issues are addressed. As you know this is the most competitive aspect of the game right now, and with these issues it is not a level playing field right now for anyone using iOS.

Comments

• Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    It doesnt take a long time to join AW and move up before your phone explodes lmao so delaying the season would not be ideal. Not everyone is having issues.
  • Heigl18Heigl18 Posts: 10
    That's how all of season 2 was for android users this is a new issue with iOS devices but android has had this issue for months and months. They didn't really even acknowledge it till the iOS problems.
  • Sugoi_DubaiSugoi_Dubai Posts: 107 ★★
    I agree, they should delay aw season 3. Even if only 25% of people are effected, that is a lot of people.
  • Akarsh383Akarsh383 Posts: 76
    Feeney234 wrote: »
    It doesnt take a long time to join AW and move up before your phone explodes lmao so delaying the season would not be ideal. Not everyone is having issues.

If there was an Option for dumb comment on the flag,trust me mate I would have selected it.
    If you didn't notice there are also cases of crashing.
  • WalkinhighlightWalkinhighlight Posts: 134
    Akarsh383 wrote: »

If there was an Option for dumb comment on the flag,trust me mate I would have selected it.

Lmao, agreed. Saturday night got home at midnight and decided let me bang out my path in war. On my last fight mid-way, my ipad turned black with a loading circle. Sent me straight to the lock screen. Thus gave up an atk bonus, while we're in the off season it doesn't matter. This can be problematic during the season when everything counts.
    13_RFL wrote: »
    Its not just the overheating its everything, and like you said "not everyone is having issues", that's the problem. I am not having issues either, but many people in my alliance are. It doesn't seem fair to start a new season where so many players are handicapped. Every time the app crashes that counts as a death, and every death matters once the season starts.

Android has been handicapped since day 1. Get over it.
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    Agreed, they have to delay by one more week and fix the overheating issue
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Hey Kabam has to find ways to stop alliances from clearing AW maps 100%. Wasn't that their intention with Season 3, no? They already had to backtrack on removing Defender Diversity; having the app shut down or phones overheat and lag badly during war battles suits them just fine...smh.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Its not just the overheating its everything, and like you said "not everyone is having issues", that's the problem. I am not having issues either, but many people in my alliance are. It doesn't seem fair to start a new season where so many players are handicapped. Every time the app crashes that counts as a death, and every death matters once the season starts.

Comparing a couple of seconds load time in between fights to this issue is just idiotic.

I used to play on a Samsung galaxy, it wasn’t even that bad lol
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Fact is the minority of players is facing this issue. And as I've learned from the 30 minute timer debate the minority doesnt matter.

So have fun

More are facing it than aren’t, just because you aren’t doesn’t mean it isn’t a problem.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

That’s like saying having a 3 second delay to start the race is the same as having your legs blown off.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    This topic needs to die (nothing against you OP...I’m in agreement with the possible delay) too many stuck up players that will defend wanting that extra few seasonal points because some of the monsters are held back by a technicality
  • Akarsh383Akarsh383 Posts: 76
    edited July 2018

Exactly. Android is "handicapped". That's Android's fault. But ios device were working fine. It's the new update that has affected the iOS devices
  • I spent four hours at the apple store yesterday trying to make it seem like it was their fault and they were like based on your blackout timings and time use it is definitely Mcocs fault and I should stop playing til it is resolved or it will continue and maybe even inflict more damage to my phone.
  • Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Posts: 175
    Kabam pls don’t close this and let us know about season 3. I have people in my ally that just can’t play because of this issue.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I think it should be delayed, for me the overheating is so bad that I can only do 3 arena rounds before it shutting down, so if I wanted to do a full war path in one I couldn’t, I agree that it should be delayed until this is solved
  • IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    They losing money bc of the current issue why would they delay their cash making mechanics mode AW lol
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Akarsh383 wrote: »

Lmao, agreed. Saturday night got home at midnight and decided let me bang out my path in war. On my last fight mid-way, my ipad turned black with a loading circle. Sent me straight to the lock screen. Thus gave up an atk bonus, while we're in the off season it doesn't matter. This can be problematic during the season when everything counts.

This happened to me last night. First match in AQ, the sound disappeared, my champ starts running in, then the screen goes black and I get the loading circle. I restart the game, go back in and voila - half my health is gone.

Happy days.

The game is an absolute shambles right now, no competitive season should start on this basis.
  • Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Posts: 175
    Kabam.. please....update....
  • RebugRebug Posts: 12
    Yes, please delay season 3 and also bring back another wasp arena when a fix is found.
    Lvernon15 wrote: »
    I think it should be delayed, for me the overheating is so bad that I can only do 3 arena rounds before it shutting down, so if I wanted to do a full war path in one I couldn’t, I agree that it should be delayed until this is solved

That's why energy comes back every hour :) you dont NEED to clear your path in one shot.
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    Your wish has been granted. Nearly everything has been delayed until kabam can cool down our phones.