**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• ZzSkyWaveszZZzSkyWaveszZ Posts: 27
    It is been 5days since the overheating issues and still fixing? and there comes one more issue with aq brackets the new update has become totally a crappy update. You guys are jst killing everyone devices with this.. Try to fix this ASAP.
  • hAchilleshAchilles Posts: 2
    edited July 2018
    I have iPhone 7 running latest IOS on cellular network and my phone is over heating and the battery is discharging way faster than normal, I’ve seen in other threads that this may be causing damage to my phone so considering the culture of lawsuits in America If I were working at Kabam I’d probably try to fix this issue as a matter of urgency. I hope in compensation for this you’ll be giving us more than a 2 star ant man
  • VikesVikes Posts: 5
    This is getting ridiculous. The game keeps lagging. But more importantly the game has crashed at least 40 times since the update.

It is affecting how I play. I constantly need to do the same fight again, and sometimes I die in the game because of it.

And now I hear it might be damaging my phone.

Again iPhone 7
    WiFi and not.
    iOS 11.3.1
  • Mcfly89Mcfly89 Posts: 28
    Ridiculous this, Kabam staying quiet on the matter.
    iPhone 8
    Latest operating system
    WiFi and 4G.
    Literally can’t play more than 5 mins before phone becomes too hot to handle.
  • EllJClarkEllJClark Posts: 16
    Any sign of a solution to this?

iPhone 6S
    iOS 11.4
    WiFi and 4G connection.

Same as everyone else. Game is pretty unplayable due to overheating.
  • GW316GW316 Posts: 6
    Whilst playing the game my iPhone 7 Plus overheated and power cutoff! The home, screen lock and volume buttons would not work. The screen went blank and then restarted again after 1-2mins. This issue has only happened after I installed update 19.0! The game has since crashed consistently after roughy 30-60mins of play time, really annoying as I have died whilst questing numerous times.

Mike please get this fixed

iSO 11.4
    iPhone 7 Plus
  • DnextbigtingDnextbigting Posts: 3
    iPhone 7 Plus. Phone overheating. Battery life sucks now. My phone ONLY acts this way when I’m playing mcoc. My phone shutdown 3 times this weekend in a 2 hour span. Stupid me kept trying to play the game until I realized my phone was hot.

What are y’all doing about this? And what are y’all doing to compensate iPhone users.
  • BrimleyBrimley Posts: 37
    Phone has been overheating and shutting down since update. My screen goes black at times, and sometimes the game will not open, it freezes on the marvel screen. Battery life has gotten terrible since update. I can literally watch my battery life fall by the second at times when it overheats. If I go to “battery” in my phone settings it tells me there is now a problem with my battery and needs to be replaced. I never had these issues prior to this update.

iPhone 7 Plus
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 89
    Guys I lost complete hope that we would get a fix and even if we get one that’s going to be just wiping our tears for the sake of it and not something that it was previous v13/14 because this game started deteriorating since a long time, I wonder if they even can get to pre v19 , the impact was so huge that we are noticing now but this got screwed since few months when some people started complaining and they showed deaf ear. Now we all pay the price of playing.

I lost confidence that I could play the same as we were playing a year back.
  • BrutalrulesBrutalrules Posts: 51
    me too my phone vivo y21 is lagging and battery draining I playing lagging and battery drain 60 minutes
  • SKOutsiderSKOutsider Posts: 117 ★★
    Apple contacted my side. Waiting on a response. Sure it will be rapid though.
  • Mephi1983Mephi1983 Posts: 7
    My iPhone 6 overheats like crazy, kept on going to emergency phone calls if I’m grinding arena. I can’t play it at its current stat. Kaiser Sumo it’s not a happy player
  • ELKERMANELKERMAN Posts: 2
    My iPhone 7 heats up after 15 minutes and restarts itself just like that, it also lags every now and then while fighting almost as it drops to 15 fps but in game menus and loading screens run at 60fps. This all happens on both 4g and wifi

Manufacturer: Apple
    Model: iPhone 7 256 GB
    Carrier: T-Mobile NL
  • MataoMatao Posts: 1
    I have an iPhone se OS 11.4, sprint. It gets overheated in just a few minutes of play since update 19. I spent 180 bucks on July 4th but been on vacation from then till yesterday. Now I can’t even play the game and it’s such a waste of money. Can’t help my team in aq and I’ve had to spend on potions and revives because of overheating freezes as has been described in other comments. I’m worried I’ve damaged my phone and/or it’s battery. Wish I could get my money/ units back from a game I can’t play anymore. All the work I put in on two years of nearly everyday play show I enjoy this game but I can’t have it costing me money or a new phone for no reason. Ugh. I’m gonna have to write email to Apple to see what they recommend.
  • iPhone 7+
    Tried iOS 11.4, unplayable after ten minutes of use.
    iOS 12.0 is slightly better but still unplayable after ten to fifteen minutes of use.
    Happens on both wifi and cellular.
    Have videos of my device completely locked up and unresponsive due to this issue. I also had my phone replaced to attempt to resolve issue. Still persists.
  • FletchFletch Posts: 1
    Same. Endless loading and hard shutdown required. IPad, 11.2.1
  • Mephi1983Mephi1983 Posts: 7
    Version 19.0 could be straw that breaks the cash cow
  • Skddadon1Skddadon1 Posts: 2
    Iphone 7
    Ee
    Ios 11.4
  • MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★
    Can we get a moderators response on this? I can’t play more than 10 min before my phone overheats and goes into force restart. The last compensation was low because it was “only” 8 hours of downtime. I haven’t been able to do anything but short bursts of EQ for days. That means no arena, meaning I have missed out on countless shards, units, bc, and items, including t4b. It’s one thing if I choose not to grind. Completely different if I have to choose to grind or risk damage to my phone. Where is Kabam with the fix?
  • PiiitiPiiiti Posts: 13
    Mjolinar wrote: »
    Can we get a moderators response on this? I can’t play more than 10 min before my phone overheats and goes into force restart. The last compensation was low because it was “only” 8 hours of downtime. I haven’t been able to do anything but short bursts of EQ for days. That means no arena, meaning I have missed out on countless shards, units, bc, and items, including t4b. It’s one thing if I choose not to grind. Completely different if I have to choose to grind or risk damage to my phone. Where is Kabam with the fix?

I'm still awaiting a descent response too. Many people are experiencing overheating issues, but I'm afraid I'm one of the few whose phone actually got broken. I have been kicked from my alliance and my phone is completely busted. Lost all my photos and videos (couldn't even upload them to cloud because phone keeps shutting down due to overheating) and brought phone to Apple store to have it checked out. They let me know it's terminal and I'll be needing a new phone. Roughly 450 bucks.
    Side note, as predicted in my earlier post here, yayyyy, we all get 3 energy refills for compensation! RIDICILOUS!!!!
  • buttersbutters Posts: 116
    Apple Iphone X 64 Gig
    OS 11.4
    Sprint
    After about 10 minutes phone is too hot to hold. Has not forced restart, but has burned.
  • cadufgcadufg Posts: 1
    Apple iPhone 6S 128GB
    OS 11.4
    Wifi and 4G
  • GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 265
    do something fast Kabam. it is not funny to playing this game as it is now
  • WeDieYoungWeDieYoung Posts: 7
    Guys just quit playing the game. I played straight for 2 years. It’s not worth a busted phone. In my case not made of money so it’s not worth it. Maybe we will finally here something today. My alliance is aware of situation and is understanding. Kabam enough is enough.
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    We're near 50 pages of replies and still no official reaction?
    Incredible :smile:

• Same issues as stated, phone gets pretty hot after 10-15 mins of gameplay, eventually causing phone to completely freeze black screen and become unresponsive without a hard reset.
    iPhone 7+
    iOS 11.4
    Carrier EE
This discussion has been closed.