**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• MahnanaMahnana Posts: 1
    Overheats, turns itself off, drains battery

iPhone 7, iOS 11.3.2, WiFi user
  • GkhnnbjkGkhnnbjk Posts: 1
    There are similar problems with many players playing with Iphone. We expect immediate solution. We can not play 5 minutes on any screen without any problems. The phone battery is overheating.

Iphone SE
    IOS 11.4
    Wifi and 4G (Vodafone)
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    IcsGrec wrote: »
    We're near 50 pages of replies and still no official reaction?
    Incredible :smile:

There are a few statements/Update

Start reading from page 29
  • Dj_mphDj_mph Posts: 72
    edited July 2018
    I can only fight 2-3 fights in AQ or AW then that’s it, i have to close the app and wait. Then i need to wait for my other apps to work properly because the phone is to hot. So much for finishing the monthly event fast as i can only play 5 minutes
  • ILovePoniesILovePonies Posts: 158
    Let me just get my phone out of the fridge and check.....

Right I’m back.. 11.4 iOS , iPhone 6s
    Newest update mcoc (caused the issue imo)
    Phone hot constantly overheating while on the game.. max 10 mins phone unbearable to cope with to stay on.
    Phone battery using 80 percent charge over the space of like 1 hour with no use of any other apps being used. No background notification updates on anything(including mcoc)

If this keeps up.. you stand to lose many many players.
    Let me just get my phone out of the fridge and check.....

Right I’m back.. 11.4 iOS , iPhone 6s
    Newest update mcoc (caused the issue imo)
    Phone hot constantly overheating while on the game.. max 10 mins phone unbearable to cope with to stay on.
    Phone battery using 80 percent charge over the space of like 1 hour with no use of any other apps being used. No background notification updates on anything(including mcoc)

If this keeps up.. you stand to lose many many players.

Forgot to add..
    Game crashing mid fight and closing app down/restarting phone.

Can’t screen record, phone burns and crashses and see a star on a black screen.

Losing sound & getting crazy lag mid fight.

Phone perfectly fine the day before newest update of mcoc.
  • JimmyJohnJonesJimmyJohnJones Posts: 81
    Same issue here with iPhone and iPad running extremely hot. Neither is showing other symptoms but running too hot nearly to touch.

iPhone 7+
    Sprint but mostly played on WiFi

iPad Air 2
    Same as above

I just did the logout of Game Center, uninstall/reinstall, power cycle so we’ll see if that helps.

Just an update, I updated to iOS 12 beta and played for an hour or so. The Game Center logout helped reduce some of the heat output but the update seems to have eliminated it to a large degree. Perhaps some of the under the hood enhancements in 12 have enabled it to better handle the increasing resource costs of v19.0?

Update: post beta update temp stayed down for the most part. However, it has slowly been creeping up over the last few play sessions. Not as high temps as before but getting. My guess is the beta update wiped whatever mess/files were building up in the background and now it’s getting to the critical state again.
    Matao wrote: »
    I have an iPhone se OS 11.4, sprint. It gets overheated in just a few minutes of play since update 19. I spent 180 bucks on July 4th but been on vacation from then till yesterday. Now I can’t even play the game and it’s such a waste of money. Can’t help my team in aq and I’ve had to spend on potions and revives because of overheating freezes as has been described in other comments. I’m worried I’ve damaged my phone and/or it’s battery. Wish I could get my money/ units back from a game I can’t play anymore. All the work I put in on two years of nearly everyday play show I enjoy this game but I can’t have it costing me money or a new phone for no reason. Ugh. I’m gonna have to write email to Apple to see what they recommend.

Sorry if I’ve missed it.. but what did Apple say?
  • Just told my alliance if fix isnt this maintenance check will have to leave game until its fixed. I can barely last 5 min without heating lag and slow motion. I tried the beta 12. Did nothing at all to fix mcoc thougj the phone works better
  • NabiletyNabilety Posts: 54
    Overheating every 5-10mins.
    I can do max 2 fight in AQ/AW/EQ and 1 match in arena before my phone starts to act like it's about to explode.
    When that happens I close down the app for it to cool down in order to repeat the same process.
    Fun times...

iPhone 6 Plus
    Model A1524
    iOS 11.4
    Carrier Fullrate
    WiFi and 4G

Serious question, how can Kabam expect people to play their game, when it's starting to obliterate our devices - they'll have to either fix this effective immediately or come up with a significantly better compensation, if not both. It's absolutely unacceptable that people's devices are being damaged, while progress being halted. Not cool Kabam! Pun intended.
  • Lowend0707Lowend0707 Posts: 4
    I don’t think we should be downloading a iOS upgrade to fix a problem of one app. I just won’t play until kaboom fixes the problem as it is their problem to fix. I hope it won’t take too long and everyone gets composited accordingly. Although if the app has damaged phones, I highly doubt that you you will get compinsation for that.
  • PLEASE FIX THIS! I can only play about 5-6 fights before my phone gets insanely hot. If I play any more it will crash entirely.

iPhone 6s
    iOS 11.4
    Verizon
    Wifi.
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 89
    Jskeete54 wrote: »
    fs5hnp8fi56l.jpeg

Swollen battery from overheated gameplay

Gosh that’s horrible can’t believe the damage could be to that extent, this is precarious

• NabiletyNabilety Posts: 54
    edited July 2018
    Jskeete54 wrote: »
    fs5hnp8fi56l.jpeg

Swollen battery from overheated gameplay

Jesus, I just realized mine is the same...
    Seriously Kabam, fix this (removed by moderation) overheating
  • Lowend0707 wrote: »
    I don’t think we should be downloading a iOS upgrade to fix a problem of one app. I just won’t play until kaboom fixes the problem as it is their problem to fix. I hope it won’t take too long and everyone gets composited accordingly. Although if the app has damaged phones, I highly doubt that you you will get compinsation for that.

We shouldn’t just haven’t heard much on what kabam going do and i wanted to play. Unfortunately beta did nothing but waste an hour setting it up

• Boom25Boom25 Posts: 3
    Device and Model: iPhone 6s
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and LTE
    Game Version Installed: 19.0.0
    Game Mode: ALL
    Description of the Issue: My device is over heating. Game becomes unresponsive and lags.
    Sometimes my phone restarts and the volume shuts out. Battery draining completely after only 40 min of game play. I don't have this problem until update game.
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    edited July 2018
    DrZola wrote: »
    Just an aside: is anyone else feeling like a fish that has shaken free from the hook?

The curious thing for me is that I’ve realized how much I still wind up checking in on the game, running a few nodes, pressing help, selling stuff, claiming junk and other mindless behaviors. With the concern over melting my battery, there’s a counter to the compulsion to log in, especially since I know I can’t really play for any appreciable amount of time.

Hence, the feeling of being off the hook.

Dr. Zola

Definitely a freeing feeling. They promote and sell so hard, and we buy in (time and/or money), but the hypnotist has dropped his hold!

Thing is, as I explained to Apple, even if they SAY it is fixed, can I trust them? Maybe enough to play casually, but never to give them money or too much time again.

New hobby time!
  • AbsimiliardAbsimiliard Posts: 31
    edited July 2018
    Alright, after a little testing with my devices I've drawn a few conclusions. I have the iPad (2018), iPad Mini 4, and Galaxy Note 8. The iPad is running 11.4, the Mini 4 is running 11.1.2, and the Note 8 runs Android Oreo 8.0.

The iPad suffers the worst from version 19. I don't suffer any overheating, but I do constantly have crashes in the game and it restarts constantly. The restarts come on without warning. I recently opened a 5* crystal and it crashed, forcing me to fish through my champs to find which one I actually got. They've happened right before fights and even when navigating the main menu.

The iPad Mini 4 only gets mildly warm as befitting its older A8 chip. I don't see any restarts either.

The Note 8 actually runs the best. It doesn't even get remotely warm after gaming for a while. I chalk this up to Samsung over engineering the device after the Note 7 debacle. Seriously, look it up, they went absolutely nuts creating this phone with additional heat sinks, etc. It also doesn't suffer crashes either.

So what I can surmise is this. iOS is partially to blame. What I have noticed is iOS 11.3 and up are extremely aggressive about killing processes. I found I could set my device down for 15 minutes and the app would start fresh on my iPad. However, on the Mini 4, I could walk away for hours and the app would still be at the reconnect screen in MCOC. In game crashes though seem to be, as others have shown, a major memory leak happening.

For the level of overheating to be happening, you would have to be taxing the CPU/GPU far beyond what it could normally handle. In Android, when you're rooted, you can put the device's CPU into performance mode that runs it at 100% always when in use. However, even with that, the CPU will still enter a low power state when not in use. I can only surmise that with a little process of elimination that the pause menu screen is overtaxing both the CPU processes and overloading the memory. It's really the only new feature to the game other than smart select and that feature doesn't take an active role in the game.

Do a quick update, remove the pause menu screen, and see if this helps fix the issue.

I am in the mindset of others though that there is likely some piled on code that's gotten way out of control. I would recommend in the future that you slow your releases of software until you're completely sure or do a thorough revision of the existing code.
  • J77MJ77M Posts: 4
    edited July 2018
    Hey @Kabam Miike !

Any update already on this issue? I'm not the guy to whine about compensation and stuff, ... but the way the game is behaving and heating my phone, I can't even finish EQ uncollected this month. Just did one path in Uncollected 1.1 and my phone feels like it could explode any moment.

And although I love love love love MCOC, ... it's not worth ruining my phone.

So, you what's the status? @Kabam Miike
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Shouldn’t you guys warn people it’s damgerous to play the game while you work on fix?
  • XstasisXstasis Posts: 50
    And still no word. Kabam placed people at risk with whatever is causing this. Remember the exploding note from Samsung? I think this may be worse bc it's something they put in our phones.
  • OldgearOldgear Posts: 19
    This overheat issue just show how insanely Kabam don’t care about players and their phones.Because the game service is still running while it should be shutdown,it should Not available to be downloaded on App Store.how can they be so Irresponsible?
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    Xstasis wrote: »
    And still no word. Kabam placed people at risk with whatever is causing this. Remember the exploding note from Samsung? I think this may be worse bc it's something they put in our phones.

I just think the phone will fail to restart, after a shut down
    D_Ace_71 wrote: »
    1k59p0iqe4t4.jpeg
    jyn6nyhtfye0.jpeg

This was shared from another gamer friend. The pics unloaded are out of order

Awesome. Apple will refund to a point. But after a certain amount/time since purchase, they will deny (for now) advising a few more days’ wait, since Kabam says they are working on it. I will be hitting Apple up again in a few days. Tick tock, Kabam.

Thank you
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Closing in on 24 hours since the last game team post to this thread. For a problem that has been occurring for nearly a week and may be contributing to hardware damage, is it safe to assume the game team sees no risk from users continuing to play the game? What exactly is the official stance of the game team? Offering no warning message or guidance at all sends a signal whether it’s intended or not.

On a related note, can the team confirm that the only thing we are talking about here is interaction between game code and OS and nothing else? I’m not trying to sound ominous—just trying to assess the extent of potential harm.

Thanks.

Dr. Zola
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    1k59p0iqe4t4.jpeg
    jyn6nyhtfye0.jpeg

Awesome. Apple will refund to a point. But after a certain amount/time since purchase, they will deny (for now) advising a few more days’ wait, since Kabam says they are working on it. I will be hitting Apple up again in a few days. Tick tock, Kabam.

I know 100% for sure several people have gotten refunds due to be fact they can’t play the game much due to the overheating and it’s not even being disputed
  • RockonRockon Posts: 271
    if the case of batteries are swellling from the game itself, are we getting device replacements if it happens?
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    edited July 2018
    1k59p0iqe4t4.jpeg
    jyn6nyhtfye0.jpeg

I know 100% for sure several people have gotten refunds due to be fact they can’t play the game much due to the overheating and it’s not even being disputed

You are 100% correct. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. I did as well, but only July 4 purchases. Beyond that, Apple advised patience, but said I could come back to them. Believe me, I am seeking 90 days’ back. Tenacious as a bulldog, I am. :)
  • ChenChen Posts: 115
    edited July 2018
    Rockon wrote: »
    if the case of batteries are swellling from the game itself, are we getting device replacements if it happens?

Highly doubtful. Someone would need to file a class action suit to get anything done. Not sure how that works for a global game. Actually surprised no one has brought this up, must not be any lawyers who play this game as I've played other games where someone is quick to bring it up. Guessing lawyers are working too hard to be playing such a time intensive game.
This discussion has been closed.