**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Downtime Compensation [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    I guess the log out didnt send the right message. Im to the point, why even play.
  • Gwm83Gwm83 Posts: 72
    Log out ha....like they cared about that. Answer this....did these same people that logged out not buy on the 4th? What did the log out do exactly but give the serves a break. Nothing
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    I guess the log out didnt send the right message. Im to the point, why even play.

Maybe because just few logged out?
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Badrose wrote: »

Maybe because just few logged out?

people loged out but a lot of people spent on 4th of july.
    whos gona buy an odin now? when u could of gotten an odin + all those extra stuff.

I would be lieing...if i said nobody in the world is buying an odin today even without all those extra stuff.
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    Let’s be real. Why else would Kabam wait till after the 4th deals to release the compensation of the outage? Does it really take a week to get “the team” together to gather thoughts and ideas on what “free stuff as Kabam Mike said” to pass out for their mishap? Let me answer that.. umm prob not. My guess is that if they would have announced the compensation prior to the “DEALS OF THE YEAR” most of us would have LoL and got a bit mad and refused to buy any of these deals. Realistically that was a good business decision I agree lol but being on this end of the stick I feel it’s a bit shady. If we had a good image of the Kabam / development / community relations teams I would go as far saying most of us (some people u can’t please) would be perfectly fine with the compensation and still buy the deals. If Kabam can fix their public image to the already existing gamers here, that will mean the world to the game in general. It’s easy to sway the new summoners giving them little bits and crumbs here and there but us veteran Summoners, we aren’t blind to their shenanigans. Can ya say we’re spoiled? Maybe so, but the old school collector had us happy and happy gamers spend their money with no regrets. We shouldn’t have to feel guilt when blowing cash on things we enjoy. Bottom line is, you fix our perception of you guys (everyone at Kabam) the waters will be smooth. Can ya imagine how that would be?
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    I’m still waiting on @Kabam Miike to give me beer recs from the western US/Canada. That’s the real compensation I’m looking for.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    People may disagree, but I feel that the best course of action is to follow through with what they planned to put out, and address the other issues afterwards. It's true that there are a number of things going on right now, but extending the evaluation period is just going to further frustrate people. You pretty much have to fight fires individually.

Except at this point it's a conflagration, not a kitchen fire. The problems have spread to all parts of the game like AQ brackets, overheating/crashing, and your standard connection issues. The best course of action for Kabam to go through would be scrap this compensation and give a bulk one like 12.0 because it's hit that level of damage to the community. Most people here are afraid to even boot up the game for fear of damaging their devices, so the pittance they were planning on giving just isn't going to cut it. I'm not a huge advocate for compensation, it's more of a pleasant bonus for me, but in this instance Kabam is going to have to work extra hard to regain their player bases' confidence.
    It's compounding issues. Now, they have a package to address one of those issues. There's no reason to further hold off on that just to amalgamate problems.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Wait... I didn't get a compensation package...
    People may disagree, but I feel that the best course of action is to follow through with what they planned to put out, and address the other issues afterwards. It's true that there are a number of things going on right now, but extending the evaluation period is just going to further frustrate people. You pretty much have to fight fires individually.

Except at this point it's a conflagration, not a kitchen fire. The problems have spread to all parts of the game like AQ brackets, overheating/crashing, and your standard connection issues. The best course of action for Kabam to go through would be scrap this compensation and give a bulk one like 12.0 because it's hit that level of damage to the community. Most people here are afraid to even boot up the game for fear of damaging their devices, so the pittance they were planning on giving just isn't going to cut it. I'm not a huge advocate for compensation, it's more of a pleasant bonus for me, but in this instance Kabam is going to have to work extra hard to regain their player bases' confidence.
    It's compounding issues. Now, they have a package to address one of those issues. There's no reason to further hold off on that just to amalgamate problems.

A weak package that doesn't meet minimum levels of compensation. Like we said earlier.

Actually, it does. In terms of the outage, it makes up for what people missed. Unless of course, you have a personal expectation of "above and beyond", in which case you probably won't be pleased.
    There's no reason to hold off and lump it in with other problems just because people wanted more. You need to deal with issues individually and within the scope.
  • SkymastrSkymastr Posts: 46
    Compensation ? What ? Which one on blackout period or overheat issue or AQ or july offer ....??? Oh sory we got 2 star antman already ty kabammed great work
  • So... all I see on this page is complaints.... when do we actually get whatever compensation we are getting? 17 pages of whining. Can we just get it and close this thread already?
    Zayo_278 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom you’re going to keep getting flagged because you always seem to be on every thread airing your views as “wisdom or fact” and they are always “pro Kabam”. Someone said on another thread to you that it’s against forum rules to impersonate a Kabam employee. Please take that serious. You personally like the compensation rewards? Ok. Noted. Please stop responding so other people can actually air their views. This thread isn’t about you.

I don't care if people Flag me. Abusing it is actually against the rules, as it's not my Account being affected.
    I'm not stopping anyone from commenting. Conversely, I'm not going to stop participating because people don't agree with me.
    I'm not claiming to be an Employee. It's probably best to know what that is before accusing someone of it.
    Bottom line is, you're right. It's not about me. So please don't make it about me with comments like this. I ain't stopping anyone from participating.
  • WeaponXWeaponX Posts: 134
    So it's been some time since the outage, some more time since the announcement of the underwhelming compensation package... is it actually going to be delivered to us at some point, or are we supposed to just be happy with the concept of compensation having been discussed?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

A weak package that doesn't meet minimum levels of compensation. Like we said earlier.

Actually, it does. In terms of the outage, it makes up for what people missed. Unless of course, you have a personal expectation of "above and beyond", in which case you probably won't be pleased.
    There's no reason to hold off and lump it in with other problems just because people wanted more. You need to deal with issues individually and within the scope.

Actually it doesn’t. Not in my opinion. Which is quite a large problem you seem to have, stating everything you believe as fact.

How does simply re-running the arena make up for it? It completely ignores previous effort without any address of it.

Hypothetical situation. A player who really, really wanted Goldpool/Modok/Antman is grinding arena. They don’t have the deepest roster for it and are fairly unprepared. But they bought an Odin, Black panther treasure, Stark briefcase, or whatever and they grinded. They recharged their champs and made it all the way to X Million points. But before they could do any more, the game went down for emergency maintenance. Distraught at the money on the line, they prayed for the game to come back up while they could grind before they had to sleep/work/whatever. This was their designated time to grind. 8 hours later and it’s still down.

At the end of the arena they cross their fingers but unfortunately all their money has gone to waste, they came 151st/251st/ 11%-25% or whatever. They missed out. All that time, money and effort gone to waste.

They check the forums and apparently compensation is coming out. They think maybe something good will come for it, the units maybe refunded, or the top rewards being handed out to people. After all the buildup of kabam saying compensation will come out soon, it’ll come out soon, it’ll come out soon; they come out and say that the arena will be rerun.

Brilliant. So the “compensation” for the player is that they have the opportunity to put in all the effort again. All those units, money and time spent were literally for nothing.

Perhaps this was an exaggeration , then again, perhaps not. Regardless, it is almost a certainty that someone spent money to refresh champs for Goldpool (there were scores of over 150 million) and people clearly spent time that has gone to waste.

Compensation does NOT cover everything. And that is not my opinion, because it is a fact that the arena does not compensate for money, time or effort spent in arena. It just gives an opportunity to put in the same money, time or effort in again.

@GroundedWisdom I find it funny that you chose to reply to a post that was clearly baiting you for a response, but ignore the valid points I make. This is why people think you don’t back up your opinion, because you call it facts and then don’t explain why.