**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Eric987Eric987 Posts: 78
    I can barely play now on my iPhone 7. Every game mode is affected and my phone is constantly shutting down the app after playing for 20 minutes. With AW season 3 coming up a fix needs to be issued now. The silence from Kabam is just absurd at this point. What an embarrassing company.
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    Lovictien wrote: »
    iOS Update 11.4.1 just released, has anyone tested this yet? I'm currently downloading the update.

Thanks! Worth a shot, but these are the only real changes for that version, doubt it will have an impact.
    1. Fixes an issue that prevented some users from viewing the last known location of their AirPods in Find My iPhone
    2. Improves reliability of syncing mail, contacts and notes with Exchange accounts
  • LuffyDMonkey69LuffyDMonkey69 Posts: 8
    Lovictien Posts: 5 1:27PM
    iOS Update 11.4.1 just released, has anyone tested this yet? I'm currently downloading the update.

Let us know if it works.
  • ChenChen Posts: 115
    It's been around longer than V19 but has become more widespread. Maybe it's because my iPhone 6 is outdated but I've had this issue for quite awhile on that device. It went away when I started playing on my SE but carrying 2 phones is a hassle as well as losing the bigger screen.

I can't recall when I first had the issue but know my phone was getting very hot from the game in at least December of 2017. I wouldn't be surprised if my phone were dmged by the game because I remember one night I had left it plugged in with one of MCOC open, fell asleep and my phone was burning up as my phone didn't go to lock mode like it normally did. Luckily my phone survived and didn't cause a fire or something.

I thought it was the iphone battery issue and dealt with it. Replaced the battery even though Apple told me I was still at 91% health but still did not fix the overheating or battery drainage. Basically quit playing on that phone unless I'm doing 1-2 fights as the heat causes terrible throttling.

I have to agree with whomever said it's most likely a memory leak as simple tasks in game cause the phone to overheat. Doubt the menu taxes the GPU that much to cause that much heat.
  • LovictienLovictien Posts: 10
    edited July 2018
    D_Ace_71 wrote: »

Thanks! Worth a shot, but these are the only real changes for that version, doubt it will have an impact.
    1. Fixes an issue that prevented some users from viewing the last known location of their AirPods in Find My iPhone
    2. Improves reliability of syncing mail, contacts and notes with Exchange accounts

I did some reading and an article was posted (https://9to5mac.com/2018/07/09/ios-tvos-11-4-1-watchos-4-3-2-public-release/) and the comments are saying the battery drain issues present in 11.4 were fixed. We don't know if that was part of the issues being caused with MCOC or not.
  • gabmucs_MYgabmucs_MY Posts: 143
    I guess all the moderator has been terminated. Or quit their job because there is no response. This forum is pretty dead. They are afraid to give us feedback 🤭.

1.AQ bracket problem
    2. Device problem
    3. Worst downtime compensation ever
    4. Receiving bad review on the app store / google play store.

What else?
  • gabmucs_MYgabmucs_MY Posts: 143

iOS update doesnt really help. Its the game itself bro. I opened the game and doesnt touch anything on screen, wait until 5 minutes the phone will overheat itself.
    Close mcoc app then the overheat will go away and phone become normal.
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 475 ★★★
    gabmucs_MY wrote: »
    I guess all the moderator has been terminated. Or quit their job because there is no response. This forum is pretty dead. They are afraid to give us feedback 🤭.

1.AQ bracket problem
    2. Device problem
    3. Worst downtime compensation ever
    4. Receiving bad review on the app store / google play store.

What else?

I just noticed another thread get closed down. So, they are here......somewhere.
    gabmucs_MY wrote: »

iOS update doesnt really help. Its the game itself bro. I opened the game and doesnt touch anything on screen, wait until 5 minutes the phone will overheat itself.
    Close mcoc app then the overheat will go away and phone become normal.

And yet my iPad pro 2017 on 11.4 has zero issues. I played for almost 3 hours this past weekend, and it never even got warm. Most of the forum posts are saying that 19.0 is causing an issue in 11.4 to be greatly increased, which is causing these issues.
  • FeverdragonFeverdragon Posts: 23
    This shouldn’t be our responsibility. No offense, but the developer should have enough compatibility QA guys for this sort of thing. Why have us test the heating issue if it’s just going to cost us money by ruining our own devices ?
  • gareebchandgareebchand Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    My phone is heating up like crazy ever since the new update which leads to lags and tremendous battery drain.

iOS 11.4
    Iphone 8
    Carrier: Airtel
    Heating issue occurs on Wi-Fi as well as cellular data
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    So people that have received refunds, what happens to your account?
  • Dark89PhoenixDark89Phoenix Posts: 166
    So I had to unfortunately delete the game off of my phone because it is causing too many issues, like freezing, overheating, causes my phone to lag, force closing, and crash. The only way for me to correct this is to shut down my phone, forcibly. Not cool. So until the game is fixed, I can’t play.

OS - iOS 11.4
    Model - iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier - Verizon
    Network - WIFIeycw6bxtf4ra.png

• Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    This is bad really bad and yet you guys are really quiet and it seems like you're avoiding this thread and the aq one yet I see many comments getting erased, many threads getting locked, and posts by other administrators which really doesn't make sense to me and is poor form.

You should really update the community better before situation turns even more toxic and gets worse and situation turns out to be worse than what Happened in 12.0 in most cases this is an even bigger crissis because it's wrecking people's phones and causing major problems across the board.

Honestly you guys should really just shut the game down and deal with all of this as soon as possible.
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    If a device shuts down its a warning that something is wrong. It might not boot up, You just don't know. How many times must a device shut down before it fails to restart. Overheating on any electronics devices cannot be good .

Not sure how much damage to overheating , then a sudden drop in temperature with shut down, then overheating when you restart game to play

But it puts stress on internal parts of device , the more Shut down , more stress on device

For each devices has different tolerances for each player

All Game Mode are affected by this problem

Not safe. Play at your own risk, your device is in jeopardy.
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    So people that have received refunds, what happens to your account?

Trying to figure this out as well...
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    This is bad really bad and yet you guys are really quiet and it seems like you're avoiding this thread and the aq one yet I see many comments getting erased, many threads getting locked, and posts by other administrators which really doesn't make sense to me and is poor form.

You should really update the community better before situation turns even more toxic and gets worse and situation turns out to be worse than what Happened in 12.0 in most cases this is an even bigger crissis because it's wrecking people's phones and causing major problems across the board.

Honestly you guys should really just shut the game down and deal with all of this as soon as possible.

As frustrating as it as from a customer stand point not to have any communication from the company about this.. it might be in their best interest not to say much. If they said too much.. it could open them up to legal repercussions. At least that's the only reason i can see for such little communication.. although it could also be they have no clue what the issue is and just don't know what to say.. other than they are investigating..
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    edited July 2018
    I updated to 11.4.1. And it did not help the situation at all. Game overheats on the main menu. Tried arena and my phone crashed. Smh
  • Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Posts: 175
    Guys.. If you are having issues contact Apple and tell them an approved app is damaging phones. They can pressure Kabam more than we can.
  • TheeWolverineTheeWolverine Posts: 77
    For those who have received refunds, post screen shots for others to use as proof. Kabam and iTunes are saying no one has received any refunds for This issue!
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    This was my post dated April the 10th. 30ccmor58kap.jpeg
    Not really a surprise to them or they just didn’t bother.
  • StarLord_OutlwStarLord_Outlw Posts: 53
    WiMak wrote: »
    Sorry Wimack, I need to hijack your Top Post!

Hey everybody, we're looking to get some more information for us to investigate the cause of this issue.

If you are here to report issues like the ones that others are listing, please give us the following information:

OS
    Device Model
    Carrier
    Wifi or Cellular Network

Thank you all of you that have already given us this information. We are working on figuring out exactly what you might be experiencing, and why.

- Miike

My phone is ruined since your V19.0 update. I was grinding the event quest when it first came out to get through the content, spending units on energy, and played for hours straight through. Plugged it into the outlet to keep a charge since the battery was draining faster than normal, but I thought maybe something was going on in the background with iOS to make the battery drain quicker than normal, so I kept going.

The app crashed several times (which I thought was normal after a new update from Kabam came out based on previous years of experience and data) so I simply restarted the app and it let me continue on. Then my phone crashed the last time and went to the lock screen. When I tried unlocking it the phone was unresponsive, it wouldn't unlock or do anything. I manually powered it off and powered it back on. Since that time, the phone or any of my apps have been running correctly. My basic alarm clock app that came pre-installed on my iphone will randomly lock up whenever I try to set a time at night. All the other apps now hang up and I'll either have to force close them or wait them out and sometimes after 15 or 20 seconds they will continue. When the phone is sitting there doing nothing, the screen will flash on for no reason.

I ran a diagnostic utility on my phone and compared it to my wife's iphone 7 plus, same model, same carrier, same OS, with nothing else running in the background on either device, and her snapdragon processor was at 26% when opening the alarm clock app. My processor is maxed out every time when it first opens.

What is the proper amount of compensation in 5 star crystals for an iphone 7 plus?

OS - iOS 11.4
    Device Model - iphone 7 plus 128 GB
    Carrier - AT&T
    Both WiFi and Cellular have the issue
    Nothing happens to your account when you receive a refund. I've had refunds for this game before doesn't change anything.
  • I can not play arena anymore, the game is falling all the time, my iPhone 7 has warmed up to the point where it needs to be thrown in the trash, my expenses increased in AW and AQ due to the game falling non-stop, all after the last update. What did kabam do ???? exactly, THEY DID NOTHING !!! but I had a loss of a new mobile device. thank you kabam, for every day more be so bad at your work.
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 444 ★★★
    I thought we just kinda talked about this whole being open with the community after the AW diversity thing and now you won’t even give people an update? Lol I can’t even do this wasp arena because of this overheating and all we’ve got is a “we’re working on it” and that was several days ago lol
    I can also confirm that the new update does not appear to fix the issue.
    I have received a refund from Apple. My account is still playable (so far) even if the game is not.

I just tried it with the new 11.4.1 iOS and, as predicted, no luck. After 1 arena match, my ipad is hot to the touch. Once again backing away from the app slowly, so as not to get burned.

My guess is Kabam is fighting a war on two fronts: Apple and itself (bugs). As Apple pays out, they are surely coming at Kabam.

Since the mods are deleting and editing threads, but not commenting...they are either drowning or staying strategically (for liability’s sake) quiet.

Tick Tock Kabam....
    edited July 2018
    I have received a refund from Apple. My account is still playable (so far) even if the game is not.

I just tried it with the new 11.4.1 iOS and, as predicted, no luck. After 1 arena match, my ipad is hot to the touch. Once again backing away from the app slowly, so as not to get burned.

My guess is Kabam is fighting a war on two fronts: Apple and itself (bugs). As Apple pays out, they are surely coming at Kabam.

Since the mods are deleting and editing threads, but not commenting...they are either drowning or staying strategically (for liability’s sake) quiet.

Tick Tock Kabam....

How far back will Apple refund? Do you feel like there will be repercussions in the future for your refund?
    Apple goes back 90 days but will tell you you can go back farther but have to contact your credit card company. Apple won't contest the charge back.

Tick Tock Kabam....

How far back will Apple refund? Do you feel like there will be repercussions in the future for your refund?

So far, for me, just to July 4. But come Thursday, if no fix is in, I will be going back to them for 90 days’ worth, which I think is the limit. And even that will probably take some fighting.

I am not sure. If the close my account, it just makes it easier to walk away, I suppose. Their integrity should prevent them from doing that, but....
This discussion has been closed.