**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Isn’t naming every team in an alliance ||||| against the spirit of the game?

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
A number of top aw alliances are naming their teams the same. Something like ||||||||. So as other alliances can’t tell who their top champs are. Although technically it’s legal. Isn’t it against the spirit of the game being deceptive

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    There was just a thread on this a few days ago.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    No comments from moderator? Isn’t this against the spirit of the game ?
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Yes
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    No comments? I guess it doesn’t make s difference to Kabam. Let’s all just barcode our names
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Maldroit2 wrote: »
    The biggest problem I have with the barcode names is that it allows for players to say really offensive, racist, etc things and get away scot free because nobody can catch and/or report them because nobody can find the exact name. That's what concerns me the most.

Can't you just report in-game when you see the message?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Last thread about this got deleted without any answer or reason ...
    I know it is strategy, but I personally think that it shouldn't be allowed, as it is a BS move. Why did anyone let this happen? Why would someone on Kabam change so many ingame names without any "good reason"?
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Am I missing something? Why is this against the spirit of the game? Bc it makes it slightly more annnoying for you to scout an opponent’s defense? Can someone please explain the issue to me bc I don’t understand the complaint?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    They’re creative!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Or creatives
  • kmbell81kmbell81 Posts: 47
    The biggest problem I have with the barcode names is that it allows for players to say really offensive, racist, etc things and get away scot free because nobody can catch and/or report them because nobody can find the exact name. That's what concerns me the most.

I’m not concerned about that part. Although we cannot tell who is who Kabam still can.

• Excelsior1316Excelsior1316 Posts: 44
    edited July 2018
    It's just a name, I actually think it's a good strategy.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    How is it against the Spirit of the game? it is a completely fair strategy.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

It is more like manipulation of a broken system... Kinda like 2* wars. It isn't strictly speaking wrong, but the question is whether it is in the spirit of the game. It should be pretty obvious that all players should be able to maintain a unique name of their choice without having to worry that they will be disadvantaged because of it. The fact that some alliances are requiring this type of name change is just ridiculous. And I don't mean that it is the alliances fault, Kabam has allowed this tactic to remain, so until they say anything against it, more power to everyone participating. However, I think we can all admit that a game where changing your name to a generic combo of I's and l's gives you an advantage, is a game that is in need of fixing.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »

It should be pretty obvious that all players should be able to maintain a unique name of their choice without having to worry that they will be disadvantaged because of it.

It does not disadvantage opposing players, it gives "barcode" players an advantage which is 2 different things.

In the training sessions before the world cup game between South Korea and Sweden, the S. Korean coach made his players swap jersey numbers to confuse the Swedish team because and I quote "It is very difficult for Westerners to distinguish between Asians ". That gave them a slight advantage however the Swedish team still won 1-0.

If you are good then you are good.

You can click on the individual person who commented and click report. You don't go to the alliance page to report someone you do it from the chat. Unless the chat starts mixing up profiles then you can still report players
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    gohard123 wrote: »

It should be pretty obvious that all players should be able to maintain a unique name of their choice without having to worry that they will be disadvantaged because of it.

It does not disadvantage opposing players, it gives "barcode" players an advantage which is 2 different things.

In the training sessions before the world cup game between South Korea and Sweden, the S. Korean coach made his players swap jersey numbers to confuse the Swedish team because and I quote "It is very difficult for Westerners to distinguish between Asians ". That gave them a slight advantage however the Swedish team still won 1-0.

If you do something to give yourself an advantage, you are by definition giving the opposition a disadvantage.
  • GreekBeekGreekBeek Posts: 107
    Pretty sure you can still view their top champs when you're actually in war, just before you're about to enter the fight in aw.
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    Why do you care about someone else’s name? You can’t copy/paste defense anymore?
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    gohard123 wrote: »

No. I don’t know what level you play at but by the time you play a few wars your defense is out there by who you have placed and what node. You can mix it up a little bit only so much. The bar code alliances are in match rooms to help keep certain ones in and out of the top 3. I have a screenshot i could add to show that. What happens is it ends up being the difference between having most your defenders hidden and none of them.

That’s a big advantage. Much easier to pick lanes and teams when you know the board. If skill is equal or your group is slightly better you will lose with your defenders exposed and theirs hidden. I hope that’s clear now

Kabam can either hide all names of all opponents or open the map up like before.

rwhack wrote: »

No. I don’t know what level you play at but by the time you play a few wars your defense is out there by who you have placed and what node. You can mix it up a little bit only so much. The bar code alliances are in match rooms to help keep certain ones in and out of the top 3. I have a screenshot i could add to show that. What happens is it ends up being the difference between having most your defenders hidden and none of them.

That’s a big advantage. Much easier to pick lanes and teams when you know the board. If skill is equal or your group is slightly better you will lose with your defenders exposed and theirs hidden. I hope that’s clear now

Kabam can either hide all names of all opponents or open the map up like before.

You can ask kabam to hide all defenders but them using the barcode is a damn good strategy and definitely not "against the spirit of the game". They have found a strategy that requires you to sacrifice your uniqueness, you can choose to do it or not.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    Funny how all these whales do absolutely anything to get a win, avoid playing other top alliances which is just pathetic, almost like they are scared to compete with each other.

Now this, which again is just sad.

Ahh well, it just makes them look pathetic really.
  • PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164
    Funny how all these whales do absolutely anything to get a win, avoid playing other top alliances which is just pathetic, almost like they are scared to compete with each other.

Now this, which again is just sad.

Ahh well, it just makes them look pathetic really.

They're scared of playing legit. Most of them spent to get where they are instead of developing skill.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    It is so obviously against the spirit of the contest that it seems odd to have to ask. If one alliance can scout top potential defenders and the other cannot, the first alliance has a decided advantage provided by something that has nothing to do with legitimate gameplay. If you’re ok with this you should have no issues with piloting and modding either.

This practice needs to be stopped, or all defender profiles need to be hidden.