**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Why is it so difficult to find information on this forum? TL;DR --> Add Mod\Admin RSS Feed

JJWJJW Posts: 134 Content Creator
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
WHY is it so difficult to find status updates, notices, and news on this forum?
  • Half of the time "News" is posted in the General Channel.
  • There is no button anywhere that lets you jump directly to ALL Moderator/Administrator posts.
  • I literally have to page through meaningless chatter to dig up an orange post, and then use that to chase down subsequent Moderator posts.

Since KABAM insists on using Forum as their primary consumer communications tool (#20thCenturyTech #NoIAmSerious), at least enable a news feed RSS that reports every Moderator / Administrator discussion & comment.

Some of us would like to be current with whatever you're doing to this game.

Frustrated,

JJW
Host of the UMCOC Podcast
Janitor in Chief of the UMCOC Discord
Codemonkey for Collector, the MCOC Bot for DISCORD

P.S.

This post is not a jumping on point so that the community can gripe. I literally just want an incremental improvement. Feel free to reply if you support this singular specific objective to add an RSS for Mod/Admin comments. Feel free to not reply if you want to suggest other options. Make your own post.

Comments

• i have another suggestion, maybe they should...

nm, JJW knows his stuff you all should listen to him.
  • D3adboltD3adbolt Posts: 17
    I complete agree with this JJW guy. I’ve lost count the number of times I’ve wished it were easier to find mod posts. Thanks for bringing this to light. I hope they take this into consideration and take action. I’m sure lots of people will appreciate this.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    Actually if you click on the Tag Administrator or Moderator it will take you to the first comment in the thread. From there if you click on a Mods name, you can see their discussions and comments. You can follow what they are posting through that if you are looking for something a particular mod says, like Miike.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Agreed 100%.

Some of these threads are 1k posts of meaningless drivel and somewhere on page 14 is something from the Admin/Mod team making announcements.

Why can't some of these announcements get mailed to us in game? Why do we have to come to the forums to begin with?
  • @Demonzfyre read again my complaint.

First, you cannot do that on the Mobile client at all.
    Second, you have to go to every post marked with those tags and then chase down subsequent posts.

This is a massive waste of time.

Moderator & Admin comments on any discussion ought to immediately available in a single feed.
    That feed ought to be available on the Mobile client (it is a mobile game).
    That feed ought to be exportable to RSS, which facilitates news propagation using automated tools like ITTT.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Actually if you click on the Tag Administrator or Moderator it will take you to the first comment in the thread. From there if you click on a Mods name, you can see their discussions and comments. You can follow what they are posting through that if you are looking for something a particular mod says, like Miike.

Yeah because I want to go through each administrator, moderator, Administrators-moderator, community leader and Admin to check if maybe they’ve said something. Any other ideas?
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Only potential issue is that mods make a lot of comments that are irrelevant to the wider community in response to issues that some people have or in redirecting them to a specific thread, so maybe a way of narrowing it down to only announcements in the main threads about current issues would fix that.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Good point JJW.
    Status updates, notices, and news could have been better organized.
    Do you know any other forum that does this alot better that can be a good example to teach mods here how to do a better job?
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Kabam doesn’t care
  • BmanBman Posts: 221
    It was waaaay easier to find what u were looking for on the old forum, before they changed to this 1. I agree that it is way too hard to find a lot of things with this format. I also agree that A LOT of what they post here (when u can find it), should b sent as in game messages. Communication is key!