**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gimped Micro Realm Rewards - best thing to happen in MCOC in years

I know what you’re thinking. Who is this Lil JOH and why is he lying to us? And why will this post get deleted so fast. Well to whomever decides to delete this post please hear me out. I’ve been playing mcoc for 3.5 years now. When I first started playing the game was still a baby and didn’t know how to do much and it was fun. Over the years it has grown more and more demanding and increasingly time consuming like a toddler or a preteen, but still fun at that. The thing that continually brings us all back to this game over and over and over is the same thing that made Pavlov’s dogs mouth all wet - rewards. The rewards in this game have gotten increasingly enticing and as we gain rewards we see the potential for us to power up and get stronger but the rewards have gotten introduced into this game in a way where many have lost sight of the amount of time they are taking. At first it was questing. Then it was some minor arena. Then it was some alliance questing. Then it was questing plus some arena plus alliance questing plus some monthly event questing. Then it was questing plus arena plus alliance questing plus war plus monthly event questing. Then it became questing plus loads of arena plus three levels of monthly questing plus daily monthly mini quests plus alliance quest plus war plus ranking plus awakening plus deciding plus NONSTOP THINKING ABOUT MCOC ALL THE TIME ALWAYS. My point is this - this game can be EXTREMELY toxic. The sad part about it is that it absolutely doesn’t need to be. There are so many interesting moving parts of the game that can make it so fun and interesting to play if you can figure out how to not be so sucked into the rewards system. I’ve been in the top alliances and I’ve been in the lowest. In all walks of this game people struggle with addiction and i have absolutely been one of them. Kabam I ask of you this - please acknowledge the fact that you’ve created a system for people to be awful and do something about it. The majority of master+ alliances are cheating whether it be collusion or unit fraud and the amount of time people need to spend to acquire resources that become increasingly less valuable by The day is disgusting. Please lower the cost and maintain the fun. It may make you less money at the end of the day but the way this game is designed has an excessive capacity to ruin people’s lives and it does. With great power comes great responsibility. I know this post will get deleted and I know everyone that gets the chance to troll it will. But gimped rewards for the micro realm was the best thing that ever happened to me in this game because it made me realize how insignificant certain parts of this game are - the parts that make you an addict and lose your soul. All you have to do is spend 30 hours/week playing arena and you can get a 5* Crystal every week that will more than likely give you a character that you’ll never use. Thanks for reading and for your consideration. Small JOH - out.

Comments

• MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    tldr; I lack self control
  • SolotrixSolotrix Posts: 64
    So are you quitting? I’m still subbed
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    Lol didnt you buy fraud units?
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Best thing to happen to MCOC in years would be for guys like you to be permanently banned.
  • StoyvensenStoyvensen Posts: 47
    Kabam does NOT force you to spend obscene amounts of time on the game. Your own addictions are the reason you spend a ridiculous amount of time on it.

I mean really, think about it here. What are you trying to accomplish with this game? To have the biggest and strongest roster? If you get it then what? Bragging rights?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This game is a SLOT MACHINE and the only good pay out is whatever champ is the best at that time(remember when it was Scarlet Witch? Dr. Strange? StarLord? Now it's what...Blade? Stark Spidey?). You can choose to play it or not. But if you play, odds are you'll get burned. In the end, just like any addiction...you'll look back and say wtf was the point of all that time wasted?