**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Downtime Compensation [Merged Threads]

Comments

• ILovePoniesILovePonies Posts: 158
    Not happy with it whatsoever
  • Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Posts: 175
    Fix the overheating issue I’ll be happy. Don’t really care about compensation. No matter what people are not going to be happy. I mean what else do you want?
  • Gamergirl1211Gamergirl1211 Posts: 28
    5 star shards a few energy and some gold seems like a decent compensation but why when we were doing arenas, and aq why not alliance potions and stamina refills I gave up on modok because of the downtime much needs to be discussed kabam, maybe poll the players before you throw whatever at us the 5 star shards will satisfy the noobs but I'm not satisfied.
    Loyal player
  • TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    Pathetic
  • ILovePoniesILovePonies Posts: 158
    Compensation should be this X 50 for the amount of bs we’re all dealing with, kabam need to pay attention to the posts.. they have actually broken peoples phones off this update
  • Super_Mitch_83Super_Mitch_83 Posts: 89
    I don't even know what to say anymore...
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104
    Interesting. I haven’t received it.
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    its free at least...not gonna complain about free rewards but still could be a lot better..but oh well
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    I just want the game fixed. I will eat the loss on this iPhone it’s my secondary device and not worth my time to seek restitution. I will not put my primary device at risk until this is 100% resolved. I’m very disappointed...
  • CobsCobs Posts: 103
    Terrible, we missed out on a war cause of the downtime where are our 6* shards. With the state of the game right now this is like putting a bandaid on a severed limb and calling it a day
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Got me a 5* luke cage not sure what to think about that
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    The compensation is extremely underwhelming considering the circumstances.
  • BigKOBigKO Posts: 25
    exactly poor compensation, Kabam you guys should be ashamed for even giving this poor compensation. At least a 5* champion, not shards ****, sorry but this is a slap in the face in my opinion. Again why am I playing this game again. O yeah to get screwed over.
    At least put some lipstick on before you screw me over - Eric Cartman
  • BigKOBigKO Posts: 25
    never knew c-rap is a bad word
  • SkuncSkunc Posts: 39
    Yeah compensation doesn’t matter if you can’t play the game. 1500 shards are easy to get in arena, but hey, can’t play arena because of fear of damaging my phone.

3 energy refills are easy to get if you grind for 90 units. Can’t grind because phone might overheat.

50k gold. Easy enough to get if you...

Oh you get the point.

Please just fix the game. Or at least communicate more with the community.
  • Where are the AQ map crystal that were talked about in the compensation thread....?
  • Jodo_KJodo_K Posts: 23
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all!

Just wanted to give an update. The Pym Particle Disks were already sent out but we plan on sending out the rest of the compensation described in the announcement today. Thanks for your feedback about the compensation and patience as we worked toward the resolution.

So are we not getting map crystals as part of the downtime compensation anymore? (Not referring to whatever will end up happening with this AQ cycle getting messed up)
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Missing items from confensation. Crystals, More shards, and some boosts
  • EllJClarkEllJClark Posts: 16
    Let’s hope the phone heating issue is resolved within the next 30 days so We can claim this compensation for the last time we couldn’t play the game. Apple are advising not to play at all until resolved, so I can’t log in to claim mine. Will there be compensation for not being able to claim the compensation?
  • ShadowReptileShadowReptile Posts: 93
    Thank you for at least updating us Lyra
  • PbishopPbishop Posts: 143
    edited July 2018
    Am I the only one who’s mad that the comp packages are not that good because not only they shut the game down for like two days I’m having even more troubles when the game with up such as phone overheating, Being kicked out the game suddenly & Randomly, Knocked down a bracket in AQ, Ect and the only thing Kabam has to show for it is a little 5* shards, measly energy refills, and 50k gold to lift are spirits like really Kabam I’m saddened by this so tell me are you satisfied or disappointed.
    5 star shards a few energy and some gold seems like a decent compensation but why when we were doing arenas, and aq why not alliance potions and stamina refills I gave up on modok because of the downtime much needs to be discussed kabam, maybe poll the players before you throw whatever at us the 5 star shards will satisfy the noobs but I'm not satisfied.
    Loyal player

Someone said that exact same confensation before it was said. I believe it was just a nooob who was this exact amount of shards away from their first 5*.
    I’m this confensation as a grade get an F. Kabam basically spat in the face of every summoner on the game
  • KbugiiKbugii Posts: 167 ★★
    edited July 2018
    Where is the map crystals and reimbursement?
    This is from the same comp post about the outage posted by Lyra
    bgzvbc4baird.jpeg

• TrendlyFynnTrendlyFynn Posts: 35
    People may disagree, but I feel that the best course of action is to follow through with what they planned to put out, and address the other issues afterwards. It's true that there are a number of things going on right now, but extending the evaluation period is just going to further frustrate people. You pretty much have to fight fires individually.

Except at this point it's a conflagration, not a kitchen fire. The problems have spread to all parts of the game like AQ brackets, overheating/crashing, and your standard connection issues. The best course of action for Kabam to go through would be scrap this compensation and give a bulk one like 12.0 because it's hit that level of damage to the community. Most people here are afraid to even boot up the game for fear of damaging their devices, so the pittance they were planning on giving just isn't going to cut it. I'm not a huge advocate for compensation, it's more of a pleasant bonus for me, but in this instance Kabam is going to have to work extra hard to regain their player bases' confidence.
    It's compounding issues. Now, they have a package to address one of those issues. There's no reason to further hold off on that just to amalgamate problems.

A weak package that doesn't meet minimum levels of compensation. Like we said earlier.

Actually, it does. In terms of the outage, it makes up for what people missed. Unless of course, you have a personal expectation of "above and beyond", in which case you probably won't be pleased.
    There's no reason to hold off and lump it in with other problems just because people wanted more. You need to deal with issues individually and within the scope.

Actually it doesn’t. Not in my opinion. Which is quite a large problem you seem to have, stating everything you believe as fact.

How does simply re-running the arena make up for it? It completely ignores previous effort without any address of it.

Hypothetical situation. A player who really, really wanted Goldpool/Modok/Antman is grinding arena. They don’t have the deepest roster for it and are fairly unprepared. But they bought an Odin, Black panther treasure, Stark briefcase, or whatever and they grinded. They recharged their champs and made it all the way to X Million points. But before they could do any more, the game went down for emergency maintenance. Distraught at the money on the line, they prayed for the game to come back up while they could grind before they had to sleep/work/whatever. This was their designated time to grind. 8 hours later and it’s still down.

At the end of the arena they cross their fingers but unfortunately all their money has gone to waste, they came 151st/251st/ 11%-25% or whatever. They missed out. All that time, money and effort gone to waste.

They check the forums and apparently compensation is coming out. They think maybe something good will come for it, the units maybe refunded, or the top rewards being handed out to people. After all the buildup of kabam saying compensation will come out soon, it’ll come out soon, it’ll come out soon; they come out and say that the arena will be rerun.

Brilliant. So the “compensation” for the player is that they have the opportunity to put in all the effort again. All those units, money and time spent were literally for nothing.

Perhaps this was an exaggeration , then again, perhaps not. Regardless, it is almost a certainty that someone spent money to refresh champs for Goldpool (there were scores of over 150 million) and people clearly spent time that has gone to waste.

Compensation does NOT cover everything. And that is not my opinion, because it is a fact that the arena does not compensate for money, time or effort spent in arena. It just gives an opportunity to put in the same money, time or effort in again.

@GroundedWisdom I find it funny that you chose to reply to a post that was clearly baiting you for a response, but ignore the valid points I make. This is why people think you don’t back up your opinion, because you call it facts and then don’t explain why.

I didn't see the comment. I'm at work and I checked the last page at break.
    It's not possible to gauge who put in what for the Grind. However, people missed a good number of hours to Grind, and for some that's the time they have. Is it a perfect solution? No. They're not capable of perfectly accommodating everyone's situation. It's a chance to Grind again. That's fair. Sorry you disagree.
    Considering it didn't actually affect the score seeing as how no one could Grind, it's more than fair.

It is. Kabam collect data on everything, including who used a Pym disk. They know what you spend your units on, just ask support whether you bought a premium crystal yesterday. They can check your account purchase history so saying they can’t is wrong or lying.

They are perfectly able to see who bought and spent what and they are perfectly able to reimburse that amount.

It quite obviously did affect people differently, which is what kabam and you have in common. You don’t understand.

You know how some people sleep at different times around the world? Yeah, that’s how it affects people differently and it’s naive to think it affects everyone the same just because it happens at the same time.

You expect them to comb hundreds of thousands of Accounts and return everything people spent on an Arena? Dude. Let that sink in.

They do that with ppl who find glitches and exploit it...
    They clearly have the power to do so...

So why not use said power to rectify a wrong that is no fault of the player base.

We didn't cause the server problems.

So why are we the ones punished for mistakes that are not of our own???