**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] Lag and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Ohf1shOhf1sh Posts: 4
    iPhone 7 iOS 11.4

Crashing, overheating, lag

Crashing during fights is a huge disadvantage and particularly bothersome.
  • PicklechipsPicklechips Posts: 45
    Mini_Gr wrote: »
    Put phone into power save mode it fixes the performance issues I've tested this on both iOS (iPhone 7) and android (Samsung s7 edge, Samsung s6)

Doesn’t work, I tried it.
  • Ohf1shOhf1sh Posts: 4
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4
    Game Version Installed: 19.0.0
    Game Mode: All modes ie: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Lag, overheating, crashing app, overheating phone, crashing and restarting phone
  • electraspantieselectraspanties Posts: 4
    OS: 11.4 Device Model : iPhone 7 Carrier: Sprint Wifi or Cellular Network: Both Phone runs hot to the touch after approx. 20 mins. Phone shut down twice within 10 mins and froze once. Battery dropped from 74% to 20% in less than 10 mins. Ha…
  • Spidey0486Spidey0486 Posts: 81
    Device and Model: iPad Pro 9.7
    Cellular or WiFi: Issue occurs when using both cellular data and WiFi. Mobile carrier = Verizon
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena
    Description of the Issue: I have been experiencing issues since downloading v. 19.0, which was the day it was released. The game will frequently shut down on me mid-fight, typically in Arenas but it has rarely occurred in Quests as well. It seems to recover the fight every time. The most significant issue this caused was a shut down fighting the last boss (tile 4) in the Evangeline Lilly Challenge. Additionally, I have noticed extreme lag and unresponsiveness in arena fights with all champions. I have also had some arena fights that input seems to lag as much as 2 to 3 seconds. AI seemed to function at normal speed, etc. I have screen shots from a shut down and recovered fight.
  • Device:iPhone 7+
    Operating system: iOS 11.3
    Game version: whatever this latest one is
    Game mode: all
    Every time I load the game my screen starts flashing and I can’t do anything. I have to force close the app or the problem carries over to every other app on my phone. Once I force close it phone works fine but the moment I open mcoc it starts again.
  • Sorry iOS 11.4
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 12
    edited July 2018
    iPhone 7
    IOS 11.4.1
    Telstra carrier (australia)
    Game version - latest
    Overheating, battery dropping 30%+ in a 15 minute playing session, crashing for AQ and AW only after 15+ minutes of gameplay.
  • Sonnyt4jrSonnyt4jr Posts: 50
    I updated to 12.0 beta 2, still not fixed. Kabam this is your fault
  • ZendricZendric Posts: 12
    Device/Model: iPhone 6s Plus
    Device OS: iOS 11.4
    Cellular/WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version: 19.0
    Game Mode: Quest, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War

Common:

[1] Slow champ responses, sluggish hits, blocks and dashes
    [2] Can't combo into special consistently
    [3] Too fast AI recovery, e.g. use S3 and AI hits me before I can block
    [4] Block not working consistently
    [5] Accidental Hard Punch comes out even when not intended
    [6] Game play slows down, and moving in slow motion then screen becomes unresponsive
    [7] Game now tends to drain more battery than before
    [8] Game tends to overheat the phone more than before
    [9] In quest Auto Mode, seems less intelligent when fighting AI bots. My 4k-6k rating hero loses to a 2k AI. Sometimes my character just stands there and do nothing. Fights like a beginner

Less Common:

[1] Occassional Crashes in Arena while in mid fight. Game shuts down then after a few seconds have to reopen the game again to continue the fight
    [2] Sometimes Specials not responding even when tapped
    [3] Champs becomes unresponsive and just stand there waiting to get hit
    [4] Champs sometimes automatically dash forward/backward on its own
    [5] Visual Lag and Frame Drops
    [6] Unintentional Heavy
    [7] Missing visual elements, like buffs or debuffs
    [8] Champ dashes immediately after releasing block
    [9] Dash back instead of heavy
    [10] Champ stop suddenly, e.g. doesn't do 5th hit of a combo or doesn't heavy after parry
  • Rohan_Butt89Rohan_Butt89 Posts: 1
    Device and Model: Ipad 2017
    Device Operating System: iOS 11
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular 4G
    Game Version Installed: 19
    Game Mode: Monthly Event Quests, Alliance Quest and Alliance War is all i do and all of them lags
    Description of the Issue: My game is crashing and i face lag after 5-7mins into game. During fight i feel like frame rates are going low. If i restart my game everything start working ok for 5-7minutes and after that lag start again
  • MathstadonMathstadon Posts: 15
    Device and model: iPhone 7plus
    Device operating system: iOS 12.0 public beta
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game version installed: 19.0.0
    Game mode: arena
    Description of the issue: after about 6 rounds of arenas the volume cuts out the gameplay starts to lag, cannot swipe to access notifications center and control center volume buttons don’t do anything or appear on screen and 30 seconds later the phone reboots itself.
  • TankRichardsonTankRichardson Posts: 87
    Device and Model: iPhone 7 plus
    Game Mode: All modes ie: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Lag, overheating, crashing app, overheating phone, crashing and restarting phone
  • BrnbbyBrnbby Posts: 51
    IPhone 10 latest update having problems in war quest arena crystals... Everywhere.
  • MathstadonMathstadon Posts: 15
    I put up 12 mil every arena to grow my roster Are we going to be compensated for the way this game is performing? I’m missing out on 5* and 6* shards every arena because the way this update is affecting my phone and gameplay!
  • Kevin110Kevin110 Posts: 69
    This morning has been brutal in arena aw and aq for crashing and losing out
    I run iPhone 7plus lastest update
    This needs to get fixed the game is almost unplayable at the moment
  • SHIELD_Agent_10SHIELD_Agent_10 Posts: 17
    edited July 2018
    -iPhone 6s Plus
    -IOS 11.1
    -Both WiFi and cellular
    -Game version 19.0.0
    -All game modes but only during fights
    -Experiencing moderate to severe lag in nearly every, but not all, fights since July 3rd or 4th. The lag only occurs during fights in all game modes and with any champion. The lag seems to mostly be effecting just animations and not so much the ability for game controls to work although that has happened on occasion. However I will say that the occasional unresponsive game controls has been happening for months. The rest of the game outside of fights runs well. Overheating just started today, July 10th.
  • TheMartTheMart Posts: 22
    Device and Model: New ipad Pro
    Device Operating System: 11.4
    Cellular or WiFi: It happens with both.
    Game Version Installed: Latest.
    Game Mode: Any mode.
    Description of the Issue: Lag. The AI is way too fast at the moment, mainly due to lag, getting caught in multiple circumstances.
  • Sonnyt4jrSonnyt4jr Posts: 50
    iPhone 6plus
    IOS 12.0 beta 2

Overheating, lag, self rebooting, disconnects, shuts down. Random glitches.
  • RaddMannRaddMann Posts: 6
    Hi im using iPhone 7 plus over a year until iOS 10.3.1. I updated to iOS 11.0 accidentally and faced with the memory problem but only with Contest Of Champions. When i changed to another app and want to back to the MCOC it restarts itself and even sometimes i pause the game to check other apps so i lost lots of progressin becuase of this issue. Wanted to get back to 10.3 but couldnt downgrade to 10.3 because Apple gave up to sign of ios 10. So waited over months that the problem solved by Apple and tried all updated ios systems including 12 beta but i have the same problem. So i finally understood after especially in 1 year its all about your game. Please update the libraries on programming files or whatever you do to solve this issue. I will hit phone to wall or totally give up playing MCOC because of this. I hope you read what i wrote because i know theres a lot of player facing with this issue. I want you to solve this issue adap. Thanks...
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
    iphone 8 plus
    ios 11.4
    over wifi and cellular, verizon is my carrier (i literally never have had an issue getting on any webiste or game other than this game and it happens sometimes several times a day. this has been going on as long as everyone elses issues which is got to be months im sure.
    all game modes except realm of legends
    1) im experimcing the over heating issue anytime im in game more than 20 minutes
    2) often time abilities like parry or block dont register eventhough im definetly timing it right, sometimes evade also, mostly parry and block though
    3) the consistancy of the game shoqing the "we unable to connect please check your netwoek settings" or something to that affect. i can say with 100% certainty i have abosutely 0 connection issues as i said earlier in this post ive never had any other game or website fail to load and when i do see that message i check to see if its my device or connection everytime bu logging into a different game and also going to youtube and make sure a video will play.
    4) i want to add my personal thoughts so you guys know where pwople are coming from. this game is repetitive and thats why we love playing it. its literally impossible to keep a game new and exciting, the people driving the spending all love the repetitive nature of the game stick with that and the profits will go through the roof instead of having these steep drop offs when a disaster happens. in other words keep tiving us more of the same. anyone who doesnt think that will work just look in between the versions of the game right after the willpower nerf right up to 12.0. there were almost no changes made and people kept spending more and more never getting sick or tired of the game. use that as a reference point please. these ideas to "shake up the game and make it fresh and exciting ways backfire anyways. people love the game the way it is. furthermore we dont need 2 new champions every month anymore theres 150 ish playable charectors. spend that time preventing these type of issues and making the 90% of champions that are awful or have no use useful again. anyways thank you for your time hopefully these issues are fixed and we can go back to playing all day long and buying crystals and offers instead of logging in to just do aw and aq then logging out before my 850$ phone is damaged from over heating.
  • Device and Model: iphone 6s
    Device Operating System: 11.4
    Cellular or WiFi: both cellular and wifi
    Game Version Installed: version 19.0
    Game Mode: story quests, event quests, AW, AQ, crystal opening.
    Description of the Issue: Ever since the most recent update I have been noticing a severe lag during gameplay. To the point that its impossible to play the game. Upon logging in, the first couple fights are usually fine, but then eventually the game will start to lag. I've also experienced a severe lag in trying to open crystals. This could be unrelated, but the lag seems especially bad when playing with the Iron Man IW character.

Another issue is that my phone gets really hot when playing MCOC. This did not use to be the case. I have only noticed both issues since the most recent update.
  • ZendricZendric Posts: 12
    Iphone 6s plus...anyways i posted a few threads up ..anyways last night the game kept crashing and there was a point where it crash i can't get in game and it says its under maintenance but then my kid can still play on his ipad. last night was the worst on game crashes since i started playing this game
  • AtomAtom Posts: 1
    Device: iPhone 7
    iOS 11.4.1
    Cell & WiFi
    AT&T
    AQ and story mode.
    I continually get booted after about 5 min of play. Phone completely freezes up. Phone will shut down and restart. Battery drain. At least a second lag on commands. Especially when blocking or dashing back. Other apps are effected as well. FB freezes up along with my email and internet browser. If I stop playing and go to do something els. I’d say this started right when the new update began. I just was made aware that I’m not the only one having these issues. It actually froze up trying to get onto the forums. I’m used to in game issues but it’s starting to give me problems with other apps on my phone and causing me issues with email and texts. If the game freezes and leave and go to texts someone, halfway through the text my phone will freeze up or shut down for 3-5 minutes and I loose what ever I wrote.
    That’s not cool.
    Playing this game since the 3rd day it cane out and I’d like to keep playing please.
  • Phone: iPhone6
    Device Operating System:11.4
    Cellular or Wifi: Both
    Game Mode: All
    Issues:
    1. Lag
    2. Champions not responding with same speed
    3. No response when trying to use special moves
    4. Overheating
  • DaddyK00LDaddyK00L Posts: 6
    Thx for the info.
    IPhone 7
    IOS 11.3 & 11.4.1
    Wifi and cellular.
    Game version 17.2
    Suffering from lag issues and severe battery draining/overheating in every aspect of the game. Cannot switch phone off & have to wait for the game to close/shut itself down before being able to use the phone again correctly. This started with the release of the game version update 17.2.
    All champs are affected. Menu is non responsive or super slow. Chat is a
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 89
    Hey guys do you see any difference in fights in aq vs fights in quests, I c a lot problems in aq compared to other quests, can’t comment on arena because I stopped playing for a week now
  • Crooked_Sprook1Crooked_Sprook1 Posts: 294 ★★
    Device and model: iPhone X and IPad Pro
    Device operating system: iOS 11.0
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game version installed: 19.0.0
    Game mode: every
    Description of the issue: Lags itelf out once every 20 minutes. iPad and iPhone huts down, screen goes black, home button and power button not working, completely unresponsive for around 5 minutes
  • DaddyK00LDaddyK00L Posts: 6
    Apologies, I gave the wrong Game version in my 1st post.
    Please see updated post below.

IPhone 7
    IOS 11.3 & 11.4.1
    Wifi and cellular.
    Game version 19.0.0
    Suffering from lag issues and severe battery draining/overheating in every aspect of the game. Cannot switch phone off & have to wait for the game to close/shut itself down before being able to use the phone again correctly. This started with the release of the game version update 19.0.0
    All champs are affected. Menu is non responsive or super slow.
  • Super4YogiSuper4Yogi Posts: 22
    Device and Model: iPhone 6s
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: Arena, quests, war and AQ
    Description of the Issue: There's tons of lagging happening here; Networking and crashing issues as well, a whole lot, every few minutes. While fighting, my champions were either not responding with the same speed as normal (parrying/using dexterity) and had speed issues with basic offensive fighting mechanics. The whole of the game has been running in hiccup mode since last update.
This discussion has been closed.