**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    Ktmac06 wrote: »
    When are you going to fix this I can’t even play the game.

Hello

There is a OS update from Apple - 11.4.1, It is supposed to help

I Suggest that upload OS, go back a few pages in this thread for recent comments from members

More details in early pages

Can you let us (members) if you still have problem with overheating on your Device

thank you
  • This is ridiculous.
    Like come on, my phones unresponsive after 20 mins, it dies, does this loading screen effect thing.

iOS 11.4
    IPhone 7 Plus literally brand new.

Big spender here and I’m ticked off I can’t play I’m loosing rewards, just send me a full refund so I can take my leave.

I have no idea what compensation is ideal for this, but 700$ is a good start.
  • InestruInestru Posts: 1
    My iPhone 8 plus is overheating and drained my battery.
  • Jlatin75Jlatin75 Posts: 13
    iPhone 7+. Verizon wireless. Wi-Fi often. Phone goes on fire. Three fights maximum. You should just shut down alliance events until you fix it. It’s not fair to others
  • MagsMags Posts: 132
    Kabam, roll back framerate increase.. problem solved.
    I understand this will break your mordo fix, ..but it'll cool down all these devices.

Jokes aside, test it.. Slight reduction in fps and temps are nominal.
  • JAQRIPPJAQRIPP Posts: 90
    edited July 2018
    IphoneX
    New IOS is not a fix... phone still gets hot.

May take a few more minutes but no change. Game is the problem. Seems like it Maybe stuff constantly working in background. Turn it off and make it run when needed.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 12
    iPhone7
    IOS 11.4.1
    Network Telstra (Australia)
    Latest game version

Overheating, using 30%+ of battery in 15 mins, crashes in AW and AQ mode.

Ive taken it to the local Network Provider (Telstra) shop and Apple store, and they have said the same thing - overheating is DIRECTLY due to an app.....this app.
    Apple advised I not use the app as it can cause cracking and surface damage - which scrolling above seems to have happened to some people.

Kabam you really need to rollback the version (if only for the safety and duty of care angle), as I feel that phone damage - if it can be directly related to this app version - wont be covered under Apple warranty, but associated costs could be recovered via other legal channels...
  • SuperStewSuperStew Posts: 4
    Oh how this is driving me mad 😡 if I play on iPhone it over heats and lags something chronic, if I play on iPad I loose sound mid fight and then everything freezes including all functions of my iPad forces me to do a hard reset. I spend a lot of money buying all the new latest devices to try and avoid any gameplay issues and this is what happens. I personally feel all summoners that have sent in tickets regarding this should be contacted directly with an official apology and asked how they would like to be compensated. Everyone has been affected differently, from loss of arena to loss of Aw/AQ items etc. It’s typical of kabam, quick to take our money but don’t like to give anything back
  • DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    6ea9o34je5fi.jpeg
    I wonder if this would help, laying the phone or iPad on it...plus you can get cooled down the same time.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    My iPhone 6s Plus gets just as hot when watching YouTube as when playing MCoC. Maybe as iOS thing?
  • Wulfgar79Wulfgar79 Posts: 27
    edited July 2018
    @Kabam Miike I am experiencing this as well. Phone gets real hot and goes dark with a short reset (spinning wheel).
    iphone 7
    ios 11.4

Has your dev team tried to isolate the issue between the prior release and v19? Try diffing the code-base between each release version.
    Setup a test environment from the prior working release and introduce changesets, one by one and test with each for the issue to determine what change introduced this issue.
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 89
    6ea9o34je5fi.jpeg
    I wonder if this would help, laying the phone or iPad on it...plus you can get cooled down the same time.

Unfortunately that doesn’t solve the lag issue I tried many times killing app and launching app for each single fight the lag is terrible, I play blind if it hits then good else take shots
  • CiqMCOCCiqMCOC Posts: 63
    iPhone 7+ freezes daily now after update as soon as close the game. Same error also happens daily on my iPad 2018, i play on wifi and also cellular and am operating on IOS 11.4
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    I`m not trying to absolve Kabam of their guilt for this overheating issue, but given it's known for quite some time(both the issue and its effects), it's not their fault people keep playing like crazy until their phones get destroyed.

Don't blame Kabam because you are obsessed with the game and can't live without playing it 10 hours a day.
  • OldriderOldrider Posts: 8
    This is really getting crazy for us but l think Kabam wish to tell us IT IS WORKING AS INTENDED! This is a hot game, if u cant take the heat, stay off the grid, LOL
  • iPhone 7
    iOS 11.4

Impossible to play after last update. Phone becomes hot after 15 minutes of playing, it freezes and reboots.
    I can’t play arena, only alliance war and quest. I can’t even spend all energy for monthly quest without rebooting my phone.
    You must rollback latest update, it’s the best you can do for your players.
    I’m playing 3,5 years! If you will not fix this issue or even write regularly the state i’ll Delete this game!
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I'm actually surprised this is still going on as it is, I expected a half ****** fix or a roll back or some sort of change by now. This is almost a week of devices burning up and **** play. Not sure if the goal is to shut down the game or not but starting to look like it.
  • JdrizzleJdrizzle Posts: 9
    Phone overheating and now gets stuck on restarting screen for device not the game , the games lagging most of my fights and I’m having to piss away units for health/revive
    And I have iPhone 7s
  • MBadialiMBadiali Posts: 22
    At some point you would think Marvel executives would step in for Kabamm putting a black eye on the brand.
    It’s hard enough to progress in the game w/o this 😂😂😂😂😂
  • Ronzo240Ronzo240 Posts: 4
    Iphone 6
    iOS version 11.4
    Carrier Fido
    in game name: Ronzo240

My phone gets extremely hot after even short usage of the app/game. Also since 19.0 update the phone freezes a lot and becomes unresponsive even when not using the app or the app is just open in the background. My phone also now just randomly restarts itself. None of this was happening before the update. The lag is also much worse that previously. The game is not playable on my iPhone.
    It is possibly causing damage to the phone by overheating and also can cause bodily injury with the heat.
  • DaddoDaddo Posts: 16
    phone 7 plus
    iOS version 11.4
    Carrier: optus
    in game name: Daddo

Phone gets hot and then unresponsive and then crashes approximately every 20 minutes. Playing without a cover prolongs these crashes, hopefully Theres a fix soon in the mean time i have very Toasty hands
  • ThopsThops Posts: 5
    HI all,

i am using MCOC just for the Alliance fights otherwise the phone is getting killed.
  • DaMunk wrote: »
    I'm actually surprised this is still going on as it is, I expected a half ****** fix or a roll back or some sort of change by now. This is almost a week of devices burning up and **** play. Not sure if the goal is to shut down the game or not but starting to look like it.

Agree rollback till you get your update fixed amd tested
This discussion has been closed.