**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Special one and two keep getting blocked!

Comments

• Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    @Kabam Miike can we just get a straight answer. Has Kabam increased the AI recovery/reaction time? I said a while ago, it sure seems like it, and it seems to be the cause of a lot of the problems with combos/evades/dashes. It IS NOT the way to increase difficulty as it seriously messes up the mechanics of a fighting game and would require some pretty massive overhauls to the basics.

So has the AI recovery/reaction time been sped up over, I’d say past 4 to 5 updates, or not?
  • Dale_DobacDale_Dobac Posts: 42
    Hey All,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is something that the team has already been looking into, but if you can tell us what Champions you see this occur with, where you're seeing it (mode/quest, etc.), and who you're fighting against, that would be very helpful!

Thank you!

Iron Man (original) gets his L2 blocked literally every time now. He’s become like Cap Marvel used to be L2 is unusable unless you fire it off of a parry or on an intercept.

Rich_Ryder wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike can we just get a straight answer. Has Kabam increased the AI recovery/reaction time? I said a while ago, it sure seems like it, and it seems to be the cause of a lot of the problems with combos/evades/dashes. It IS NOT the way to increase difficulty as it seriously messes up the mechanics of a fighting game and would require some pretty massive overhauls to the basics.

So has the AI recovery/reaction time been sped up over, I’d say past 4 to 5 updates, or not?

While we’re waiting for answers on other stuff can someone answer this simple question?
  • hungama01hungama01 Posts: 108
    i have same issue l1 and l2 get blocked by AI...

the reason was i changed my mobile to Samsung S9 plus and in my s9 plus mostly my special were getting blocked....
    Then i switch to my older phone s7 edge and i find their isnt any issue with blocking of l1 or l2... it was smoothly working...
    So it might be phone issue if u have changed it.
    M still having issues with s9 plus were AI are blocking special...
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    The ai's read, reaction, and recovery time have been ratcheted up for quite a while now and it's causing major problems for many players all over the place.

Certain champions get blocked more than others but it can happen to all of them, just doing a special, just doing a special out of a combo, doing a combo plus heavy plus a special or a heavy then a special they can block them.

They can recover way way faster than us block from ridiculous positions and much much more, they've been looking into it forever and i doubt they'll ever actually fix it or address it

They will fix it...when the majority of us have stopped playing. It'll be too late by then
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    edited July 2018
    I am noticing this and tried to adapt by letting my specials loose right after a heavy hit knock down and if it is
    a projectile attack ie Mordo, Miss Marvel(black suit with lightning bolt) or agent venom miss and I mean totally miss no damage on their side not even block damage. While contact hits specials like Luke Cage, Sabertooth or Rocket seem to still land but are blocked. Not sure whats up with that.
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    I was using Blade in Uncollected (last quest and second to last quest) and my L2 was blocked when chaining with either 4 hits into L2 or 5 hits into L2. Same thing happened multiple times with Magik.
  • dparmdparm Posts: 109
    Whataduck wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike what's going on?? Are we just supposed to play like this from now on? Why are you ignoring us??

They're probably focusing on the larger issues that have popped up as of late.

I keep meaning to record the blocked specials and forget. Need to put a post-it on my desk...
  • TiemiliosTiemilios Posts: 337
    As you can see, video proof included
  • dparmdparm Posts: 109
    Tiemilios wrote: »
    As you can see, video proof included

Just watched the vids, and yes, that's exactly what I mentioned earlier. Thanks for posting.

@Kabam Miike see above.
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    Ive noticed it with 4* sup iron man combo into sp2 used to be my go to fight ender and not every sp2 i throw gets blocked unless i parry
  • Razer_Boltz619Razer_Boltz619 Posts: 131 ★★
    Hey All,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is something that the team has already been looking into, but if you can tell us what Champions you see this occur with, where you're seeing it (mode/quest, etc.), and who you're fighting against, that would be very helpful!

Thank you!

Moonknight moonknight moonknight moonknight moonknight
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Pretty much every Fight in High Streak or Master 3.2 for me. Block is instant. Can't get an L1 off unless it's after a Parry or quick enough in a Combo.
  • titaniummorrotitaniummorro Posts: 11
    I'm noticing this with Hyperion in the monthly quest. There was one fight against a tech adaptoid. I tried to throw special one twice, blocked. Threw special two twice, blocked. Worst of all, AI recovered immediately causing me to lose health.
  • AURELIUSAURELIUS Posts: 121
    edited July 2018
    Hey All,

Thank you!

Example today in AQ i hit a 5 hit combo with magik against dormmamu then hit the sp2 DIRECTLY after the combo he blocks it like i was doing another generic attack the power lock of magik is the only reason i bring magik into aq...
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    Any champ with a longer parts in the animations of their SP1 and/or SP2 and especially in advanced game content where the AI is ratcheted up to ludicrous speed (uncollected monthly, ACT 5, Day 5 AQ, AW, some arena fights, etc.) . My personal examples include:
    Hulk (SP1 blocked CONSTANTLY)
    Voodoo
    Massacre
    SabreTooth
    Killmonger (SP2 especially)
    Iceman (SP1)
    Thor (SP1)
    Ronan (SP1)
    Black Widow (both)

There are more but that’s off the top of my head. I’ve been saying forever now that the CORE of this issue is speeding up of the AI in an effort to make it harder (which I get) but when it has this kind of negative effect on playability, it crosses a line.
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    Another hero I find is Bishops sp2 is constantly getting blocked, do a combo hit and sp2 straight away and somehow your opponent is too far away for the first part of the sp2 to hit allowing them time to block. Whether that's a bug or not, it doesn't seem right.
    Rich_Ryder wrote: »

Still no answer. Can we at least get a generic “I can neither confirm or deny but l’ll follow up with the team?”